Reta and Heart Rate

That rise in RHR (for most people) really surprises me.. I've finally gotten down into the mid 50's.... I can keep using Tirz and just observe from a distance.

Have a good day everyone!
 
My experience with HR while on Reta has come with a fair share of ups and downs.

The thing that worried me most was how high my max HR climbed during hard workouts. My farming Fenix was showing close to 220, even though I never actually felt my heart pounding that way. Once I switched to a chest strap, that strange reading disappeared, and I'm now right at the number I should be: 188.

5 months in, my RHR has been gradually easing back down. It used to sit around 48-53, then it climbed to 65-68. These days I've been steady on 4mg for roughly 3 months, and my RHR is at 62, with an expectation that it will fall under 60 as time goes on.
 
I was going through some of the ADA data Lily shared this week regarding the reta trials. There were some cardiac arrythmia problems, plus 2 deaths tied to cardiac issues that occurred during the trial. The Lily rep brushed it off, saying it wasn't statistically significant. I haven't come across stats yet that examine how age specifically affects RHR or cardiac events. Since I'm older, that's the information I care about the most. There's a lot to like about Reta, but I'm still watching for those kinds of study specifics.
 
Back
Top