woundcarping said:
DragonOfTheSea said:
woundcarping said:
BNLFL said:
DragonOfTheSea said:
With Reta at 6mg/wk, my RHR is roughly 4bpm higher.
For me it's usually the same. Every now and then it comes in at 72, which is typical.
woundcarping said:
From what I've observed and gone through, it's the resting heart rate that goes up; I haven't come across any discussion about heart rate during exercise being a factor.
Likewise, I make sure to take mine while seated.
I track mine using both a watch and a ring.
Strange as it sounds, I began Reta right around that January dip. My 5-year average prior to glp sat at about 63bpm, while this week it's 69bpm.
Since February, my ring reports an average of 66bpm.
Image unavailable
That's wild — my graph covering the past 6 months looks nearly identical to yours:
Image unavailable
If you increase your Reta dose enough to get above 70, then we'd match
BNLFL said:
woundcarping said:
BNLFL said:
DragonOfTheSea said:
With Reta at 6mg/wk, my RHR is roughly 4bpm higher.
For me it's usually the same. Every now and then it comes in at 72, which is typical.
woundcarping said:
From what I've observed and gone through, it's the resting heart rate that goes up; I haven't come across any discussion about heart rate during exercise being a factor.
Likewise, I make sure to take mine while seated.
I track mine using both a watch and a ring.
Strange as it sounds, I began Reta right around that January dip. My 5-year average prior to glp sat at about 63bpm, while this week it's 69bpm.
Since February, my ring reports an average of 66bpm.
Image unavailable
I own a finger device that measures O2 and heart rate. Based on what my bed reports, my HR while asleep falls somewhere in the 53-70 range. Whether that reading is trustworthy, I have no idea. I didn’t even realize it tracked that until the bed’s app displayed it.
Are you using a pulse ox, or something like an Oura fitness tracker ring?
I switched to Oura so I could monitor my sleep more comfortably than with my watch… I only began tracking sleep around Jan or Feb, and I'm glad I have those records to put numbers behind my subjective "how I feel"
DragonOfTheSea said:
UnusualLLama said:
From what I understood, the way metabolism gets ramped up would make a modest bump in RHR fairly unsurprising.
I'm still waiting for my reta to show up, so I haven't begun. Mine usually sits around 42-44 pretty steadily, and I'm curious what effect it'll have. A slight rise seems likely to me, though I also figure it'll depend a lot on the dose.
Wow, an RHR that low is wild
And yep, you've got the right idea.
ThunderBird said:
When I push really heavy weights, it feels close to death. Other than that, nothing bothers me. The only time I feel off is once my heart rate goes past 150. My resting heart rate usually sits near ~70. To be upfront, I typically take in roughly 300-450mgs of caffeine before a heavy lifting session, yet that problem never showed up before I started Reta.
Right — for a lot of people, Reta tends to make caffeine hit harder when it comes to pushing heart rate up.
Hmm, I consume fewer energy drinks now than I used to, but I haven't felt any sensitivity. I used to take in ~600mg/day, and these days I'm at about 300mg. There was a stretch of a couple-few months where I had none at all; I figured it was because of dopamine blocking.