Reta and fatigue?

tslaguy

Explorer
Joined
Mar 29, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Seattle
Has anyone else been dealing with tiredness or fatigue while taking Reta?

I'm considering giving Reta a try, but I'd like to know whether the fatigue tends to be severe. From my own experience with mounjaro, the fatigue I felt was quite bad.
 
tslaguy said:

Has anyone else been dealing with tiredness or fatigue while taking Reta?

I'm considering giving Reta a try, but I'd like to know whether the fatigue tends to be severe. From my own experience with mounjaro, the fatigue I felt was quite bad.
For some reason, I've noticed this happening primarily in women? Typically 1 or 2 days following injection.
 
For me, the first 2 months were terrible. At times it was as though I had narcolepsy. My guess is that after your body adjusts to the reta, it begins to fade. These days, the only time I get that feeling is if my protein intake is too low.
 
Even though my dose is small, my experience has actually been the reverse, particularly during training sessions. My partner has just begun and is noticing more fatigue, though with the kids in the picture that might not be down to the Reta alone
 
What I get is not so much tiredness as no drive at all, paired with being able to sleep anywhere. On those days work and training both suffer.
 
Yeah, I raised my dose fast and during that initial week I was pretty wiped out. These days, with a smaller dose, I barely notice any tiredness.
 
Reta hasn't caused any tiredness for me, and my wife is in the same boat. Our starting dose was 2mg for both of us, and we've each worked up to 5mg. Instead of 1 weekly shot, we split it into 2 doses per week — no idea whether that makes a difference. On top of that, we've run cycles of SS-31 and MOTS-C, plus NAD+ has been part of our routine 3-4 times each week.
 
tslaguy said:

Has anyone else been dealing with tiredness or fatigue while taking Reta?

I'm considering giving Reta a try, but I'd like to know whether the fatigue tends to be severe. From my own experience with mounjaro, the fatigue I felt was quite bad.
Reta has me feeling like I'm soaring at the moment. About a week ago I began cycling Semax, and my impression is that it pushed my energy up even higher...my guess is that everything hinges on each person's own situation. I'm not obese, only a bit overweight, which could explain why my body responds to Reta in this manner.
 
Not much, honestly. By the time my day wraps up, I'm worn out. My sleep hasn't been the best, though I am getting some. Some days are worse than others.

I'm up around 5 and in bed near 8, sometimes watching TV briefly. About a month back things got rough. After that I began using Liquid IV, split between two Gatorade bottles. One per day is what I do. It's made a difference, but keep an eye on the sodium content. That's the reason I stick to half a packet daily.
 
Retazempic said:

What I get is not so much tiredness as no drive at all, paired with being able to sleep anywhere. On those days work and training both suffer.
My starting dose was 2mg, and I've worked up to 4mg. The drop in motivation is definitely there. I still hit my step goal every day, but when it comes to the gym, I put it off like crazy.
 
When I began, I did notice some tiredness at first. Then it clicked: I was hardly consuming food or water because my schedule got hectic. After I raised my calories back up and paid closer attention to hydration, my energy improved and my sleep got better as a result. My take is that feeling wiped out is mostly tied to being in a calorie deficit, yet I notice a clear difference — on reta I feel much better at the same deficit than I do without it.
 
8 weeks in for me now. Around weeks 3 and 4, I noticed a bit of tiredness on the day following my injection, and after that it pretty much stopped. Reta itself hasn't hit me hard. These days, any fatigue I feel comes from eating in a deficit, though I've figured out that keeping carbs up is what really keeps the tiredness away, even while in that deficit.
 
During my initial weeks on the dose, I went through that. Magnesium supplements turned out to be useful and helped me sleep deeply. On top of that, staying properly hydrated matters if you want to avoid nausea and headaches, so make sure you get enough water. I also use electrolytes when I work out to keep my hydration up.
 
Yep, that was my experience early on. Honestly, it stands to reason—my eating patterns and how much I was consuming shifted so fast. This went on for several months, during which I was dropping a significant amount of weight, but in the end it faded. Hang in there; it does pass, just make sure you're getting sufficient protein.
 
My first week taking reta is underway, and I’ve been slammed by tiredness. For me, the change stood out immediately. At the gym, the weights I usually handle are now almost impossible to lift. It’s not something that particularly bothers me, yet my body feels completely drained.
 
tslaguy said:

Has anyone else been dealing with tiredness or fatigue while taking Reta?

I'm considering giving Reta a try, but I'd like to know whether the fatigue tends to be severe. From my own experience with mounjaro, the fatigue I felt was quite bad.
Yeah, I'm totally wiped out. I'm just at the starting dose and I've got zero energy. It seems like the pounds are dropping and my appetite is almost nonexistent. What are you doing to handle the tiredness right now? Have you given any supplements a shot?
 
Once a dose is in my system, somewhere between the 12-hour and 24-hour mark afterward, I hit a stretch of serious exhaustion — feeling wiped out, mental fog, that sort of thing. It doesn't stick around too long, though, and so far it's been showing up pretty reliably for me.
 
Tough to tell — I've been constantly exhausted both before and after starting reta.

If reta does end up hurting sleep quality, then it stands to reason that could bring on tiredness or a sense of being more worn out.
 
100% - I get severe fatigue plus anhedonia from every GLP I've tried. Since dropping to a maintenance dose of just 1mg/week, I feel soooo much better. It wasn't until I switched to that maintenance dosage that I realized how awful the GLPs had been making me feel.
 
CNCCurrency said:

tslaguy said:

Has anyone else been dealing with tiredness or fatigue while taking Reta?

I'm considering giving Reta a try, but I'd like to know whether the fatigue tends to be severe. From my own experience with mounjaro, the fatigue I felt was quite bad.
For some reason, I've noticed this happening primarily in women? Typically 1 or 2 days following injection.
My sister mentioned this regarding the fatigue. Once I saw my RHR go up and my HRV drop, I removed it from my stack. Thanks!
 
Back
Top