AlexSilver said:
LabRatts said:
AlexSilver said:
Started low at .333 mg, and 6weeks in I am on week 12, taking 1 mg twice weekly, which holds me at a steady 3 mg saturation with zero mood swings.
I'm considering moving toward a comparable approach (smaller, yet along the same lines). What kind of results have you seen, and was it the inability to tolerate the spike following the shot that led you to split it into 2 doses instead of taking 1 bigger one?
Before my very first injection, I spent 4 weeks reading up on everything. I figured a microdose would be the smartest route so I could sidestep a bunch of those annoying little side effects. Another factor: a buddy of mine was in tears because his results faded within just 2 days or so. That pushed me toward dosing every 3 days, which keeps my levels fairly steady.
glp1plotter.com
My starting point was .25 for 2 injections, and I felt absolutely nothing, so I raised it to .33 and the change was immediate. At the 6-week mark (weight was clearly coming off), my plan was a modest 2x increase to .7, but CalmLogic pointed out that since my reason for taking it was blood sugar, that amount wouldn't deliver the full Reta benefits. So I plugged things into the plotter and settled on 1 mg as the next jump. He was correct. My blood sugar is far more steady now. Plenty of anti-inflammatory benefits as well. And the pounds keep coming off. It even appears to have resolved a hives issue I used to have. Happy to ditch the Loratadin. Weight loss was never my reason for starting Reta, so I never stepped on a scale, and I still haven't, lol. Yet my clothes keep feeling looser. Ended up buying a new belt. For my entire life I was 250 (61yrs). My guess is I'm around 210 at this point.