Reta and Bowel Movements

BNLFL

Explorer
Joined
Feb 14, 2026
Messages
1,953
Reaction score
0
Location
SW Florida
Is anyone else struggling to go for #2? Personally I'm okay, but the volume has dropped a lot, while my wife is dealing with some trouble going. She's always been a bit irregular with that bodily function, though normally she goes in the morning. According to her, it's been about 2 days now. We've pretty much eliminated carbs almost entirely, apart from a few drinks each day. We're also eating less than we used to, but that's the appetite effect of the Reta, and it's certainly real. Just injected the second 4mg last Friday, following 4 doses of 2mg. Strange topic, but this seems like the right place to ask.

TL;DR My wife's poop schedule is off.
 
If constipation isn't an issue, then I'm with you ...eat less, poop less. But if it could be constipation, a handful of whole roasted pumpkin seeds might help get your system moving in a natural way.
 
BNLFL said:

Is anyone else struggling to go for #2? Personally I'm okay, but the volume has dropped a lot, while my wife is dealing with some trouble going. She's always been a bit irregular with that bodily function, though normally she goes in the morning. According to her, it's been about 2 days now. We've pretty much eliminated carbs almost entirely, apart from a few drinks each day. We're also eating less than we used to, but that's the appetite effect of the Reta, and it's certainly real. Just injected the second 4mg last Friday, following 4 doses of 2mg. Strange topic, but this seems like the right place to ask.

TL;DR My wife's poop schedule is off.
I began with tirz, and these days I'm using reta. Constipation hit me hard, but once I added Metamucil and prunes to my daily routine, it stopped being an issue.
 
During my first couple of months dealing with #2 trouble, I'd swallow a dulcolax pill roughly 2 days ahead of my following pin. As pin day got nearer, both the constipation and the Reta faded. Dulcolax isn't as potent as a Miralax or similar option, and taking it at bedtime meant it did its job the following day, exactly as advertised. That's just my experience. For anyone who reacts very strongly to laxatives, gentler routes such as Black Cumin or psyllium husk are an option, and those have helped others too. These days I'm on 10 mg and the issue appears to have cleared up.
 
While taking tirzapatide, I picked up the habit of incorporating fiber. Kashi Crunch (also known as colon blow) is my usual choice. Caution: for experts only.

On reta, things are far more regular.
 
Appreciate the responses. This morning she went and everything's fine now. Our mornings involve a shaker with protein powder, oat bran and collagen. I 100% agree that less going in means less coming out. Like I said, my own frequency has dropped a lot. I joked that a coffee and a smoke in the morning would get things moving. She rolled her eyes at me, as we quit smoking years ago. I'll mention the Metamucil to her. Sorry for the shitty subject. 💩
 
I recall a doctor saying at some point that anything from 3 times daily to once every 3 days is completely normal
 
Mag07 does the trick for me. Normally I'd go 6-7 days between movements. No judgment please — intestinal problems have been with me since forever. While taking Tirz, things got badly blocked up, so this keeps me going regularly.
 
Mrs. NYD needs Mag07. Order it straight from NBPure, because believe it or not, a Wal-Mart seller sent me counterfeit Mag07 😝

What changed everything for me: Keto bread plus low-carb tortilla wraps. The Keto Hawaiian I go for gives 70 cals, 18 grams of fiber and 10 grams protein from 2 slices. The wraps are about the same on macros.
 
When I began Reta, I noticed a shift in that area too. We're not just eating less—food also stays in the system longer. Following advice from others, I incorporated psyllium husk (3 capsules each day) along with Mag07, which I use 1 or 2 times per week. It's still not a "regular schedule," but constipation and similar problems aren't bothering me.
 
Taking a magnesium citrate supplement at night gets things moving for me by the next morning. Slow motility has been a lifelong issue on my end, and a colon hydrotherapist once suggested this approach. It has been a total game changer!
 
Winnifer said:

Taking a magnesium citrate supplement at night gets things moving for me by the next morning. Slow motility has been a lifelong issue on my end, and a colon hydrotherapist once suggested this approach. It has been a total game changer!
Magnesium citrate is something I really like! I take it alongside prebiotics, probiotics, and digestive enzymes.
 
I share the same experience as what you've described - it seems like most of us are dealing with something similar. It's not outright constipation, but the frequency has clearly dropped. My diet hasn't really changed much right now, other than possibly cutting back on snacks...
 
Reta definitely caused constipation for me. Once I started taking 2 tablespoons of psyllium husk powder, that issue went away completely.

Maybe begin with a smaller amount. Since I'd taken this supplement previously, I knew what to anticipate — within 3 days, my regularity improved across the board.
 
BNLFL said:

Is anyone else struggling to go for #2? Personally I'm okay, but the volume has dropped a lot, while my wife is dealing with some trouble going. She's always been a bit irregular with that bodily function, though normally she goes in the morning. According to her, it's been about 2 days now. We've pretty much eliminated carbs almost entirely, apart from a few drinks each day. We're also eating less than we used to, but that's the appetite effect of the Reta, and it's certainly real. Just injected the second 4mg last Friday, following 4 doses of 2mg. Strange topic, but this seems like the right place to ask.

TL;DR My wife's poop schedule is off.
Yes, that's definitely happened to me too. What helped was putting Benefiber into each of my protein shakes — I have 2-3 daily — and it made a huge difference. Another thing worth trying is reintroducing complex carbohydrates. The reasoning is that Reta's GIP signaling plus its glucagon stimulation appears to function less effectively when complex carbs aren't present, and there's solid evidence behind that.
 
Good thing somebody had the guts to start this thread. For me, getting to the bathroom daily isn't the problem. What happens is a gradual, crampy pressure that kicks in near 4 am and just sits there until roughly 7 am. That means 3 hours of stomach discomfort in the early morning, which has been rough. I've given all sorts of things a shot, and none of them truly made a difference. IBS is in the mix for me, and that plays a role. It makes me scratch my head: if I'm consuming less food, why is there still so much "stuff"? LOL..
 
BNLFL said:

Is anyone else struggling to go for #2? Personally I'm okay, but the volume has dropped a lot, while my wife is dealing with some trouble going. She's always been a bit irregular with that bodily function, though normally she goes in the morning. According to her, it's been about 2 days now. We've pretty much eliminated carbs almost entirely, apart from a few drinks each day. We're also eating less than we used to, but that's the appetite effect of the Reta, and it's certainly real. Just injected the second 4mg last Friday, following 4 doses of 2mg. Strange topic, but this seems like the right place to ask.

TL;DR My wife's poop schedule is off.
Nope, not in my case. When I compare it with semaglutide and tirzepitide, Reta comes out far ahead as far as my GI tract goes. Burping and a bit of indigestion did show up, and that's to be expected, but my routine has stayed consistent and nothing has gone wrong.

MFGamesta said:

While taking tirzapatide, I picked up the habit of incorporating fiber. Kashi Crunch (also known as colon blow) is my usual choice. Caution: for experts only.

On reta, things are far more regular.
After long stretches using semaglutide and tirzepitide, I can say Reta keeps me more regular than either of them.
 
Back
Top