Reta and Bloating: Anyone Else?

yep, a doctor on youtube covers reta-related bloating specifically.

basically your guess is right: when food (particularly fruits and veggies) lingers in the stomach longer, it ferments and gas accumulates. simply cut back on raw fruits and veggies, or cook them instead.
 
asamafalcon said:

yep, a doctor on youtube covers reta-related bloating specifically.

basically your guess is right: when food (particularly fruits and veggies) lingers in the stomach longer, it ferments and gas accumulates. simply cut back on raw fruits and veggies, or cook them instead.
Yep, coleslaw is something I have pretty often, so I figure that's what's causing it.
 
R0cK50LiD said:

quicksilver80 said:

R0cK50LiD said:

quicksilver80 said:

Every time bloating hit me, it traced back to insufficient bathroom visits. On glp1s, Miralax becomes your ally. It makes things less thick, so nothing accumulates inside you. And if you're not taking in at least a gallon of water daily, chances are your urination is also too infrequent.

Going to the bathroom for number 1 or 2 isn't an issue for me.

My guess is that it's gas accumulating from fermentation, caused by gastric emptying being slow.
You might want to give soluble fiber sources and prune juice a shot. The sorbitol that occurs naturally usually speeds up transit through my system. The shorter the period it remains in your gut, the less likely I'd guess it would bring that on?

That's a fair point. Finding a quality fibre option to pair with my meals is something I ought to explore.

Should problems already be present, give sunfiber a shot. Among prebiotic fibers available today, it is the mildest option.

Inulin is something I really like, but for people who are sensitive it comes with the greatest number of side effects. Because you are dealing with issues already, inulin is not the place to begin.
 
R0cK50LiD said:

asamafalcon said:

yep, a doctor on youtube covers reta-related bloating specifically.

basically your guess is right: when food (particularly fruits and veggies) lingers in the stomach longer, it ferments and gas accumulates. simply cut back on raw fruits and veggies, or cook them instead.
Yep, coleslaw is something I have pretty often, so I figure that's what's causing it.
that really does seem like the likely trigger! cut it out for 7 days and swap in a different fiber source or vegetable that sits low on the FODMAPs (spinach, carrot, chicory, olives, cucumber etc)
 
On reta, I dealt with bloating plus every delightful GI issue that comes with it. Looking back, I wish I'd started megadosing KPV from the beginning, like I do now. Should you not have given KPV a shot yet, it may be something to consider.
 
miameow said:

On reta, I dealt with bloating plus every delightful GI issue that comes with it. Looking back, I wish I'd started megadosing KPV from the beginning, like I do now. Should you not have given KPV a shot yet, it may be something to consider.
KPV and KLOW are already part of my routine.
 
Back
Top