Restarting Triz after a lapse: what dose should I resume at?

Atlanatpr

Explorer
Joined
Mar 29, 2026
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Location
Austin
I couldn’t afford more Triz until now, so I went without it. What dose should I take? Getting sick is something I want to avoid, but going all the way back to 2.5mg is frustrating—though if that’s the right move, I’ll do it.

Sunday May 10th: 10mg

Sunday May 17th: 3mg

Sunday May 24th: 0mg

Sunday May 31st 0mg

Arrival Today
 
Not an expert here, but if it were me, I'd likely take 2.5mg once more for week 1 just to let it build back up, then move to 5 a week or 2 after that instead of holding off a whole month before increasing. If side effects remain mild, I'd keep moving up faster until I'm back at the dose I stopped at.
 
Being off for 2 weeks when you were previously at 10mg is not the same as beginning from scratch at 2.5mg — that dose is meant for people who have never used it. Your gut has already adapted.

Inject 5mg today and monitor the response. If it goes smoothly, move up to 7.5mg on Sunday, then return to 10mg the Sunday after that. Should today feel rougher than you anticipated, simply stay at 5mg again on Sunday and delay 7.5mg by another week.

Keep meals light, drink enough fluids, and take it slow for 1-2 days following that first shot. This is a re-entry, not a fresh start.
 
You’ll need to make the call according to how you feel — right now you’re sitting under 1mg.

Since you were on 10mg, that suggests a fairly lengthy history with it. My approach would be to inject 2-4mg first, then add more roughly every other day while watching for side effects, until appetite suppression comes back.
 
Pocket said:

Not an expert here, but if it were me, I'd likely take 2.5mg once more for week 1 just to let it build back up, then move to 5 a week or 2 after that instead of holding off a whole month before increasing. If side effects remain mild, I'd keep moving up faster until I'm back at the dose I stopped at.
My plan is roughly the same, or I might just divide a 5mg dose: 2.5 first, then after 3.5 days another 2.5, provided my body handles it fine.
 
woundcarping said:

You’ll need to make the call according to how you feel — right now you’re sitting under 1mg.

Since you were on 10mg, that suggests a fairly lengthy history with it. My approach would be to inject 2-4mg first, then add more roughly every other day while watching for side effects, until appetite suppression comes back.
I’ll likely divide a 5mg dose. Take 2.5, then another 2.5 after 3.5 days, provided I’m feeling okay.
 
Atlanatpr said:

I couldn’t afford more Triz until now, so I went without it. What dose should I take? Getting sick is something I want to avoid, but going all the way back to 2.5mg is frustrating—though if that’s the right move, I’ll do it.

Sunday May 10th: 10mg

Sunday May 17th: 3mg

Sunday May 24th: 0mg

Sunday May 31st 0mg

Arrival Today
I realise this is splitting hairs, but no, that isn't what happened. You ran out of Tirz.
 
BNLFL said:

No offence meant, but surely you'd plan ahead rather than let yourself run dry?

I don’t mean to be harsh, but the original poster explained that money was the reason they couldn’t buy more. Having endless money to keep buying peptides forever isn’t something everyone has. You might be able to stockpile peptides for years or even decades, but that doesn’t mean everyone else can do the same. The truth is, many people in this country are living from one paycheck to the next.
 
Grogu said:

BNLFL said:

No offence meant, but surely you'd plan ahead rather than let yourself run dry?

I don’t mean to be harsh, but the original poster explained that money was the reason they couldn’t buy more. Having endless money to keep buying peptides forever isn’t something everyone has. You might be able to stockpile peptides for years or even decades, but that doesn’t mean everyone else can do the same. The truth is, many people in this country are living from one paycheck to the next.
Thanks for pointing that out — I didn’t catch it. I’m familiar with folks in that position, and I have friends who are in the same situation because their social security budget is limited. My wife and I went through that ourselves in 2007 and 08 when my income was affected. Sorry @Atlanatpr. I either missed that or just skimmed past it.
 
Grogu said:

Being off for 2 weeks when you were previously at 10mg is not the same as beginning from scratch at 2.5mg — that dose is meant for people who have never used it. Your gut has already adapted.

Inject 5mg today and monitor the response. If it goes smoothly, move up to 7.5mg on Sunday, then return to 10mg the Sunday after that. Should today feel rougher than you anticipated, simply stay at 5mg again on Sunday and delay 7.5mg by another week.

Keep meals light, drink enough fluids, and take it slow for 1-2 days following that first shot. This is a re-entry, not a fresh start.
I'm on the same page as the previous reply. There's no need to overthink it. 5 is a perfectly reasonable place to pick back up — since you've used tirz before, your system isn't going to freak out over 5 just because you skipped two doses. Something similar happened to me a while back, and it was for the exact same reason you're describing. Honestly, I moved straight from 15mg down to 7.5mg after being off for a month, and nothing went wrong. By the end of that month my appetite was really returning, so taking that 7.5 dose felt like a huge relief. The following week I went to 10, and then 15 the week after that. It was no big deal. I never had a single side effect from dosing that way.
 
Back
Top