Refillable insulin pen that's actually proper

Maiaao

Explorer
Joined
Feb 11, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
EU
Has anyone come across go-pen.com?

For me, it takes care of the issue of carts from the Chinese being unsterile or full of debris.

From what I understand it's a Danish outfit, with Novo Nordisk backing, and it holds FDA approval plus CE certification. Looks like the cartridges are replaceable and hold 100 units.

Only thing is, I can't locate anywhere that sells it.
 
This looks the same as a normal V1 from a decent seller to me, and I am certainly not reading a whole page of marketing copy to work it out.
 
I filled out the sales contact form on their site, so I'm hoping to hear back. If they've already secured FDA approval and CE Mark, plus completed ISO14040/44 life cycle assessments, what's the holdup on actually selling them?

A 73% reduction in carbon footprint versus syringes is appealing.
 
homebrew said:

I filled out the sales contact form on their site, so I'm hoping to hear back. If they've already secured FDA approval and CE Mark, plus completed ISO14040/44 life cycle assessments, what's the holdup on actually selling them?

A 73% reduction in carbon footprint versus syringes is appealing.
You're on the ball — I haven't even figured out my questions yet 😂

From what I can tell on their LinkedIn, they seem to be in a pre production stage and are distributing kits to organizations.
 
Maiaao said:

Has anyone come across go-pen.com?

For me, it takes care of the issue of carts from the Chinese being unsterile or full of debris.

From what I understand it's a Danish outfit, with Novo Nordisk backing, and it holds FDA approval plus CE certification. Looks like the cartridges are replaceable and hold 100 units.

Only thing is, I can't locate anywhere that sells it.
In what way does that fix the issue? What we're talking about is a pen, not blank cartridges.
 
zpped said:

Maiaao said:

Has anyone come across go-pen.com?

For me, it takes care of the issue of carts from the Chinese being unsterile or full of debris.

From what I understand it's a Danish outfit, with Novo Nordisk backing, and it holds FDA approval plus CE certification. Looks like the cartridges are replaceable and hold 100 units.

Only thing is, I can't locate anywhere that sells it.
In what way does that fix the issue? What we're talking about is a pen, not blank cartridges.
You can buy the carts empty and load them the way you would a syringe. There's a video on the product page: https://www.go-pen.com/product
 
randompersonrandom said:

This looks the same as a normal V1 from a decent seller to me, and I am certainly not reading a whole page of marketing copy to work it out.
After going through it, the "revolutionary" angle still escapes me. Today's top-tier prescription pens come with Bluetooth and apps that log every dose. This device, on the other hand, leaves me baffled — it feels like something dug up from 2 decades back.
 
Maiaao said:

zpped said:

Maiaao said:

Has anyone come across go-pen.com?

For me, it takes care of the issue of carts from the Chinese being unsterile or full of debris.

From what I understand it's a Danish outfit, with Novo Nordisk backing, and it holds FDA approval plus CE certification. Looks like the cartridges are replaceable and hold 100 units.

Only thing is, I can't locate anywhere that sells it.
In what way does that fix the issue? What we're talking about is a pen, not blank cartridges.
You can buy the carts empty and load them the way you would a syringe. There's a video on the product page: https://www.go-pen.com/product
Alright, that's genuinely impressive. The 1.3ml capacity is a downside, but assuming the price isn't high, I'd pick one up for sure.
 
zpped said:

Maiaao said:

zpped said:

Maiaao said:

Has anyone come across go-pen.com?

For me, it takes care of the issue of carts from the Chinese being unsterile or full of debris.

From what I understand it's a Danish outfit, with Novo Nordisk backing, and it holds FDA approval plus CE certification. Looks like the cartridges are replaceable and hold 100 units.

Only thing is, I can't locate anywhere that sells it.
In what way does that fix the issue? What we're talking about is a pen, not blank cartridges.
You can buy the carts empty and load them the way you would a syringe. There's a video on the product page: https://www.go-pen.com/product
Alright, that's genuinely impressive. The 1.3ml capacity is a downside, but assuming the price isn't high, I'd pick one up for sure.
Yeah, 1.3ml does seem pretty small — you'd probably only get 3 shots from it. Maybe they're worried about bacteria building up, given that the cartridges aren't filled under sterile conditions?
 
zpped said:

Maiaao said:

zpped said:

Maiaao said:

Has anyone come across go-pen.com?

For me, it takes care of the issue of carts from the Chinese being unsterile or full of debris.

From what I understand it's a Danish outfit, with Novo Nordisk backing, and it holds FDA approval plus CE certification. Looks like the cartridges are replaceable and hold 100 units.

Only thing is, I can't locate anywhere that sells it.
In what way does that fix the issue? What we're talking about is a pen, not blank cartridges.
You can buy the carts empty and load them the way you would a syringe. There's a video on the product page: https://www.go-pen.com/product
Alright, that's genuinely impressive. The 1.3ml capacity is a downside, but assuming the price isn't high, I'd pick one up for sure.
I'm still confused. Standard v-everythings are 3ml. So, is there an obvious upgrade I'm not seeing?

yrrdead said:

randompersonrandom said:

This looks the same as a normal V1 from a decent seller to me, and I am certainly not reading a whole page of marketing copy to work it out.
After going through it, the "revolutionary" angle still escapes me. Today's top-tier prescription pens come with Bluetooth and apps that log every dose. This device, on the other hand, leaves me baffled — it feels like something dug up from 2 decades back.
Good Lord, save me from basic devices that are Now With Bluetooth and Unnecessary Tracking. My treadmill shipped with an app, and no, dammit, press the button and walk fast until my show finishes.
 
randompersonrandom said:

zpped said:

Maiaao said:

zpped said:

Maiaao said:

Has anyone come across go-pen.com?

For me, it takes care of the issue of carts from the Chinese being unsterile or full of debris.

From what I understand it's a Danish outfit, with Novo Nordisk backing, and it holds FDA approval plus CE certification. Looks like the cartridges are replaceable and hold 100 units.

Only thing is, I can't locate anywhere that sells it.
In what way does that fix the issue? What we're talking about is a pen, not blank cartridges.
You can buy the carts empty and load them the way you would a syringe. There's a video on the product page: https://www.go-pen.com/product
Alright, that's genuinely impressive. The 1.3ml capacity is a downside, but assuming the price isn't high, I'd pick one up for sure.
I'm still confused. Standard v-everythings are 3ml. So, is there an obvious upgrade I'm not seeing?

yrrdead said:

randompersonrandom said:

This looks the same as a normal V1 from a decent seller to me, and I am certainly not reading a whole page of marketing copy to work it out.
After going through it, the "revolutionary" angle still escapes me. Today's top-tier prescription pens come with Bluetooth and apps that log every dose. This device, on the other hand, leaves me baffled — it feels like something dug up from 2 decades back.
Good Lord, save me from basic devices that are Now With Bluetooth and Unnecessary Tracking. My treadmill shipped with an app, and no, dammit, press the button and walk fast until my show finishes.
If the capacity is set at 1.2ml, that gives you the option to market cartridges that are your own proprietary design.....perhaps that's where the real innovation lies.
 
randompersonrandom said:

zpped said:

Maiaao said:

zpped said:

Maiaao said:

Has anyone come across go-pen.com?

For me, it takes care of the issue of carts from the Chinese being unsterile or full of debris.

From what I understand it's a Danish outfit, with Novo Nordisk backing, and it holds FDA approval plus CE certification. Looks like the cartridges are replaceable and hold 100 units.

Only thing is, I can't locate anywhere that sells it.
In what way does that fix the issue? What we're talking about is a pen, not blank cartridges.
You can buy the carts empty and load them the way you would a syringe. There's a video on the product page: https://www.go-pen.com/product
Alright, that's genuinely impressive. The 1.3ml capacity is a downside, but assuming the price isn't high, I'd pick one up for sure.
I'm still confused. Standard v-everythings are 3ml. So, is there an obvious upgrade I'm not seeing?

yrrdead said:

randompersonrandom said:

This looks the same as a normal V1 from a decent seller to me, and I am certainly not reading a whole page of marketing copy to work it out.
After going through it, the "revolutionary" angle still escapes me. Today's top-tier prescription pens come with Bluetooth and apps that log every dose. This device, on the other hand, leaves me baffled — it feels like something dug up from 2 decades back.
Good Lord, save me from basic devices that are Now With Bluetooth and Unnecessary Tracking. My treadmill shipped with an app, and no, dammit, press the button and walk fast until my show finishes.
What's better about it: the cartridges contain no debris and are genuinely sterile 😉
 
yrrdead said:

randompersonrandom said:

zpped said:

Maiaao said:

zpped said:

Maiaao said:

Has anyone come across go-pen.com?

For me, it takes care of the issue of carts from the Chinese being unsterile or full of debris.

From what I understand it's a Danish outfit, with Novo Nordisk backing, and it holds FDA approval plus CE certification. Looks like the cartridges are replaceable and hold 100 units.

Only thing is, I can't locate anywhere that sells it.
In what way does that fix the issue? What we're talking about is a pen, not blank cartridges.
You can buy the carts empty and load them the way you would a syringe. There's a video on the product page: https://www.go-pen.com/product
Alright, that's genuinely impressive. The 1.3ml capacity is a downside, but assuming the price isn't high, I'd pick one up for sure.
I'm still confused. Standard v-everythings are 3ml. So, is there an obvious upgrade I'm not seeing?

yrrdead said:

randompersonrandom said:

This looks the same as a normal V1 from a decent seller to me, and I am certainly not reading a whole page of marketing copy to work it out.
After going through it, the "revolutionary" angle still escapes me. Today's top-tier prescription pens come with Bluetooth and apps that log every dose. This device, on the other hand, leaves me baffled — it feels like something dug up from 2 decades back.
Good Lord, save me from basic devices that are Now With Bluetooth and Unnecessary Tracking. My treadmill shipped with an app, and no, dammit, press the button and walk fast until my show finishes.
If the capacity is set at 1.2ml, that gives you the option to market cartridges that are your own proprietary design.....perhaps that's where the real innovation lies.
Each cart holds 10 units. That's a fortune waiting to happen!
 
Back
Top