Reddit thread highlights PCP GLP-1 profiteering claims

WeezinDaJuice

Explorer
Joined
Jan 12, 2026
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles
A post over on r/Retatrutide describes a visit to a primary care physician in Houston, TX for a yearly exam, where the poster concludes that Dr FeelGood is probably pushing some China Grey and definitely isn't running a Non-Profit!

Sure, it's Reddit, but assuming it's accurate, this doctor has some serious nerve handing out non-FDA approved product where anyone can see.





6399a2c7873d73689666e98e7ad43f5402fe5a7a15b4d648bdd8ac4437aa7e10.webp
 
The practice is likely thriving. At the same time, the physician faces significant exposure. Were I in that position, my fee would be substantial as well. Even so, this remains 50% of what the brand-name version costs.
 
byefatlicia said:

The practice is likely thriving. At the same time, the physician faces significant exposure. Were I in that position, my fee would be substantial as well. Even so, this remains 50% of what the brand-name version costs.
I question whether that person is actually a physician. Until Reta is approved and legally compoundable, doctors have no way to prescribe or dispense it
 
CNCCurrency said:

byefatlicia said:

The practice is likely thriving. At the same time, the physician faces significant exposure. Were I in that position, my fee would be substantial as well. Even so, this remains 50% of what the brand-name version costs.
I question whether that person is actually a physician. Until Reta is approved and legally compoundable, doctors have no way to prescribe or dispense it
If that physician is legitimate, engaging in this would be quite a dangerous move.
 
This is exactly why becoming a nurse practitioner was never in the cards for me. I'd be handing out every quality controlled substance left and right, haha.
 
byefatlicia said:

The practice is likely thriving. At the same time, the physician faces significant exposure. Were I in that position, my fee would be substantial as well. Even so, this remains 50% of what the brand-name version costs.
Even so, legitimate telehealth providers sell compounded sema and tirz in vials rather than pre-filled syringes, and their prices are far lower than what this physician is asking. According to the reddit post, the doctor involved is in fact a DO, which is a genuine medical degree. That is one wild cash grab.
 
The mention of retatrutide makes it obvious that a compound pharmacy isn't involved here. Their license ought to be revoked.
 
byefatlicia said:

The practice is likely thriving. At the same time, the physician faces significant exposure. Were I in that position, my fee would be substantial as well. Even so, this remains 50% of what the brand-name version costs.

Habibibi said:

The mention of retatrutide makes it obvious that a compound pharmacy isn't involved here. Their license ought to be revoked.
Not a single “For Research Only” notice anywhere in sight. Unbelievable.
 
Think about the years of costly education, plus every hour of training, exams, certification, and continuing education credits — only to throw caution aside and take a gamble like that.
 
On reddit, anyone can claim anything — that's why I still doubt this guy actually holds a medical license and practices as a real doctor.
 
CNCCurrency said:

On reddit, anyone can claim anything — that's why I still doubt this guy actually holds a medical license and practices as a real doctor.

That's the reason the Reddit disclaimer exists — for entertainment purposes only.

Perhaps that's the angle this New Age Dr of Enlightenment ought to use when pushing his Grey. My guess is the entire range, not merely the Retatrutide, comes from China Grey.

In for a penny, in for a pound…
 
Back
Top