Recovery Advice for Older Grapplers?

Quatroskin

Explorer
Joined
Feb 28, 2026
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Location
San Diego California USA
Any suggestions for helping a 45+ Jiu Jitsu athlete bounce back? I'm in week 4 of Reta at 2mg and want to know what else pairs well with it for recovery. After a hard grappling session, I feel like I've been hit by a truck every night.
 
I'm 39. Hurt my knee doing bjj. Got on bpc 157, 2 shots a day at 500 mcg each. One after I woke up, the other right before sleeping. Ran that for a month.

Within the first week, every little ache and pain disappeared, and I dropped a bunch of inflammation weight. When treatment wrapped up, I was rolling again with zero problems.

I always make sure to keep some bpc 157 on hand in case something comes up. I also grabbed some tb500. Haven't given it a try, no need to. But the two are said to be synergistic and speed up recovery. People call it the wolverine stack.

Hope this helps.
 
I work a job that's kind of manual labor, and my Achilles tendon in my ankle was really tight and sore. It came from crouching and standing back up in this odd way. I was also carrying extra weight, so moving around all the time was a lot for my body. Even after taking 2 weeks off with very little activity (a super relaxed vacation), the pain was nearly as bad as it was when I was working daily. Bpc 157 and tb made a difference in a matter of weeks, but my take is that you should continue for a cycle or something similar to get long-term repair.

I also recently checked into b12 variation shots, and that seemed interesting.

B12(Methy|cobalamin)
 
I originally came across the BPC+TB500 wolverine stack through guys at my gym. Probably best to begin with just one of those two. For my own part, I turned to BPC-157 because of knee problems that came from me trying to be a fat athlete, and so far how effective it's been has really caught me off guard.
 
Mr. Blonde said:

I'm 39. Hurt my knee doing bjj. Got on bpc 157, 2 shots a day at 500 mcg each. One after I woke up, the other right before sleeping. Ran that for a month.

Within the first week, every little ache and pain disappeared, and I dropped a bunch of inflammation weight. When treatment wrapped up, I was rolling again with zero problems.

I always make sure to keep some bpc 157 on hand in case something comes up. I also grabbed some tb500. Haven't given it a try, no need to. But the two are said to be synergistic and speed up recovery. People call it the wolverine stack.

Hope this helps.

Mr. Blonde said:

I'm 39. Hurt my knee doing bjj. Got on bpc 157, 2 shots a day at 500 mcg each. One after I woke up, the other right before sleeping. Ran that for a month.

Within the first week, every little ache and pain disappeared, and I dropped a bunch of inflammation weight. When treatment wrapped up, I was rolling again with zero problems.

I always make sure to keep some bpc 157 on hand in case something comes up. I also grabbed some tb500. Haven't given it a try, no need to. But the two are said to be synergistic and speed up recovery. People call it the wolverine stack.

Hope this helps.
Did you target the knee with spot injections, or can BPC 157 go into the stomach and work on everything from there? Any side effects from the bpc?
 
I don't practice jiu-jitsu myself, but hypermobolity has left me with long-term injuries! For just under 7 days now I've been using bpc 157, and I was amazed by how much it has aided my recovery even though I did some strenous lifts last week and served as an on-call nurse for a friend at end of life, plus a lot of driving (which impacts my glutes)
 
RoseRose said:

I don't practice jiu-jitsu myself, but hypermobolity has left me with long-term injuries! For just under 7 days now I've been using bpc 157, and I was amazed by how much it has aided my recovery even though I did some strenous lifts last week and served as an on-call nurse for a friend at end of life, plus a lot of driving (which impacts my glutes)
Got it. For the injury site, do you do a localized shot, or can it go into the belly instead? Are there any side effects that come with it?
 
Quatroskin said:

Mr. Blonde said:

I'm 39. Hurt my knee doing bjj. Got on bpc 157, 2 shots a day at 500 mcg each. One after I woke up, the other right before sleeping. Ran that for a month.

Within the first week, every little ache and pain disappeared, and I dropped a bunch of inflammation weight. When treatment wrapped up, I was rolling again with zero problems.

I always make sure to keep some bpc 157 on hand in case something comes up. I also grabbed some tb500. Haven't given it a try, no need to. But the two are said to be synergistic and speed up recovery. People call it the wolverine stack.

Hope this helps.

Mr. Blonde said:

I'm 39. Hurt my knee doing bjj. Got on bpc 157, 2 shots a day at 500 mcg each. One after I woke up, the other right before sleeping. Ran that for a month.

Within the first week, every little ache and pain disappeared, and I dropped a bunch of inflammation weight. When treatment wrapped up, I was rolling again with zero problems.

I always make sure to keep some bpc 157 on hand in case something comes up. I also grabbed some tb500. Haven't given it a try, no need to. But the two are said to be synergistic and speed up recovery. People call it the wolverine stack.

Hope this helps.
Did you target the knee with spot injections, or can BPC 157 go into the stomach and work on everything from there? Any side effects from the bpc?
Injecting straight into my knee was never an option — I'm not out of my mind. What I actually did was put one shot into the thigh above the bad knee, plus another into my stomach. Because it works systemically, in theory the location is irrelevant. That said, a few small studies have suggested that injecting at the site itself could boost effectiveness by a couple percent. So I figured I'd hedge my bets and do both, just to be safe lol.
 
Quatroskin said:

RoseRose said:

I don't practice jiu-jitsu myself, but hypermobolity has left me with long-term injuries! For just under 7 days now I've been using bpc 157, and I was amazed by how much it has aided my recovery even though I did some strenous lifts last week and served as an on-call nurse for a friend at end of life, plus a lot of driving (which impacts my glutes)
Got it. For the injury site, do you do a localized shot, or can it go into the belly instead? Are there any side effects that come with it?
Because it works throughout the body, injecting into the stomach is acceptable.
 
RoseRose said:

I don't practice jiu-jitsu myself, but hypermobolity has left me with long-term injuries! For just under 7 days now I've been using bpc 157, and I was amazed by how much it has aided my recovery even though I did some strenous lifts last week and served as an on-call nurse for a friend at end of life, plus a lot of driving (which impacts my glutes)

It was posts along these lines that pushed me to stop hesitating and begin BPC yesterday. Since April I've had BPC sitting in storage, so the question is whether laziness or doubt held me back more.

When it comes to tendons and ligaments, there's an oral supplement worth mentioning that's in the same category: cissus quadrangularis, "one [of the] most prominent herbs used in the treatment of diabetes, asthma, tissue regeneration, etc."
 
Mr. Blonde said:

Quatroskin said:

Mr. Blonde said:

I'm 39. Hurt my knee doing bjj. Got on bpc 157, 2 shots a day at 500 mcg each. One after I woke up, the other right before sleeping. Ran that for a month.

Within the first week, every little ache and pain disappeared, and I dropped a bunch of inflammation weight. When treatment wrapped up, I was rolling again with zero problems.

I always make sure to keep some bpc 157 on hand in case something comes up. I also grabbed some tb500. Haven't given it a try, no need to. But the two are said to be synergistic and speed up recovery. People call it the wolverine stack.

Hope this helps.

Mr. Blonde said:

I'm 39. Hurt my knee doing bjj. Got on bpc 157, 2 shots a day at 500 mcg each. One after I woke up, the other right before sleeping. Ran that for a month.

Within the first week, every little ache and pain disappeared, and I dropped a bunch of inflammation weight. When treatment wrapped up, I was rolling again with zero problems.

I always make sure to keep some bpc 157 on hand in case something comes up. I also grabbed some tb500. Haven't given it a try, no need to. But the two are said to be synergistic and speed up recovery. People call it the wolverine stack.

Hope this helps.
Did you target the knee with spot injections, or can BPC 157 go into the stomach and work on everything from there? Any side effects from the bpc?
Injecting straight into my knee was never an option — I'm not out of my mind. What I actually did was put one shot into the thigh above the bad knee, plus another into my stomach. Because it works systemically, in theory the location is irrelevant. That said, a few small studies have suggested that injecting at the site itself could boost effectiveness by a couple percent. So I figured I'd hedge my bets and do both, just to be safe lol.
I'm with you on this. Those peptides coming out of China simply don't meet the sterility standards you'd need for anything beyond a subcutaneous shot. Push even a small number of bacteria into any tissue, and certainly into a joint, and you're asking for serious trouble. Septic arthritis can wreck the joint completely, and you'd be looking at a hospital stay plus surgery, washout, drainage, IV antibiotics, the whole thing. On top of that, without proper experience and training, joint injections aren't remotely safe. Even with flawless sterile gear, a sterile setting and sterile supplies, most doctors who aren't specialists won't attempt it. Tendon injections, or shots near a tendon, carry somewhat less danger than going straight into a joint, but the risk is still far greater than shooting under the skin of your belly or thigh. An abscess in the subcutaneous layer isn't a catastrophe, but one inside or next to a tendon or joint is a far more serious situation that can lead to lasting damage.
 
Back
Top