Reconstitution question

deleted.user.27 said:

I’ve visited the sites that experienced people here have shared for medical supplies. My ignorance about peptide filtering might explain why I never searched for or spotted filters. If I revisit those sites, will they have filters available to buy? And can a filter be used multiple times, or is it strictly single-use?
A filter can't be reused—once it's used, that's it. Filters are commonly available from places that sell syringes, plus Amazon. My own supply comes straight from Biologix. Around $50 gets you 100, shipping included. The ones you need are listed below.



55b057273c011614f82d1d473ee97969a3ec7aa371f0221bab42470fb2543e15.jpg




Biologix® 13mm Sterile PES Syringe Filter, 0.22µm, 100/pk



High-throughput Biologix® sterile PES syringe filters. Ideal for biological fluid filtration. >98.5% protein recovery. Multiple diameters. Shop now!

204c650182e875aade375b4cce220deb4239036db2c30ee205715b75c914d894.png



biologixusa.com
 
Tha

BNLFL said:

deleted.user.27 said:

I’ve visited the sites that experienced people here have shared for medical supplies. My ignorance about peptide filtering might explain why I never searched for or spotted filters. If I revisit those sites, will they have filters available to buy? And can a filter be used multiple times, or is it strictly single-use?
A filter can't be reused—once it's used, that's it. Filters are commonly available from places that sell syringes, plus Amazon. My own supply comes straight from Biologix. Around $50 gets you 100, shipping included. The ones you need are listed below.



View attachment 11450



Biologix® 13mm Sterile PES Syringe Filter, 0.22µm, 100/pk



High-throughput Biologix® sterile PES syringe filters. Ideal for biological fluid filtration. >98.5% protein recovery. Multiple diameters. Shop now!

View attachment 11451


biologixusa.com
Huge thanks, you really came through for me. Much respect!
 

Attachments

  • 55b057273c011614f82d1d473ee97969a3ec7aa371f0221bab42470fb2543e15.jpg
    55b057273c011614f82d1d473ee97969a3ec7aa371f0221bab42470fb2543e15.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 204c650182e875aade375b4cce220deb4239036db2c30ee205715b75c914d894.png
    204c650182e875aade375b4cce220deb4239036db2c30ee205715b75c914d894.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 4
deleted.user.27 said:

Tha

BNLFL said:

deleted.user.27 said:

I’ve visited the sites that experienced people here have shared for medical supplies. My ignorance about peptide filtering might explain why I never searched for or spotted filters. If I revisit those sites, will they have filters available to buy? And can a filter be used multiple times, or is it strictly single-use?
A filter can't be reused—once it's used, that's it. Filters are commonly available from places that sell syringes, plus Amazon. My own supply comes straight from Biologix. Around $50 gets you 100, shipping included. The ones you need are listed below.



View attachment 11450



Biologix® 13mm Sterile PES Syringe Filter, 0.22µm, 100/pk



High-throughput Biologix® sterile PES syringe filters. Ideal for biological fluid filtration. >98.5% protein recovery. Multiple diameters. Shop now!

View attachment 11451


biologixusa.com
Huge thanks, you really came through for me. Much respect!
If you don't already own them, you'll need to get 3ml luer lock syringes as well. Not all syringes will work with it.
 
skaylife said:

deleted.user.27 said:

Tha

BNLFL said:

deleted.user.27 said:

I’ve visited the sites that experienced people here have shared for medical supplies. My ignorance about peptide filtering might explain why I never searched for or spotted filters. If I revisit those sites, will they have filters available to buy? And can a filter be used multiple times, or is it strictly single-use?
A filter can't be reused—once it's used, that's it. Filters are commonly available from places that sell syringes, plus Amazon. My own supply comes straight from Biologix. Around $50 gets you 100, shipping included. The ones you need are listed below.



View attachment 11450



Biologix® 13mm Sterile PES Syringe Filter, 0.22µm, 100/pk



High-throughput Biologix® sterile PES syringe filters. Ideal for biological fluid filtration. >98.5% protein recovery. Multiple diameters. Shop now!

View attachment 11451


biologixusa.com
Huge thanks, you really came through for me. Much respect!
If you don't already own them, you'll need to get 3ml luer lock syringes as well. Not all syringes will work with it.
Picked up a load of these to inject my Test E. Thanks for the extra pointer. You all are great.
 
Following up on the filter topic. When it comes to recovering as much peptide as possible after filtering, what works best? Should I push air through at the end, or use BAC water instead?
 
DJ _Yus said:

Following up on the filter topic. When it comes to recovering as much peptide as possible after filtering, what works best? Should I push air through at the end, or use BAC water instead?
In your case, I'd keep injecting as-is until a filter and sterile vial are on hand for filtering.

For what you asked, both approaches are fine. It comes down to what you're willing to spend. Filtering requires 1 needle for reconstitution and drawing, plus a separate needle with filter (and either a sterile vial or pen cartridge) for transfer. After that, detach the syringe from the filter, pull in some air, and push it through.

To recover as much peptide as possible, you'd want 1 more needle to draw a little extra BAC water for the final flush of the filter. I personally stick with the air push.

People still argue over whether an air push recovers anything meaningful from a 13mm filter. Another ongoing argument is whether pushing 3ml of reconstituted 'tide through a 4mm filter is safe, or whether it will clog. I have no experience with a 4mm filter, so I can't say.
 
Even with careful effort, filtering will cost you somewhere between 10 and 30 units.

Since your plan calls for 10 units per 2mg dose, that means the filter keeps 1-3 doses behind.

If the bulk syringe has enough capacity, purging with air is the simplest route.

Keeping handling to a minimum is what matters most for longevity here, though I doubt you can reliably get 30 2mg doses (30 weeks) out of it. Perhaps move up in dose more quickly (2mg for a few weeks, then 3mg for a few more weeks, and so on), and aim to use whatever you can within 90 days.

Steer clear of needless back-and-forth poking, since that raises the chance of contamination.
 
Back
Top