jmon1977
Explorer
Hey everyone,
Questions about reconstituting peptides keep coming up, especially how much Bac water to use and how doses get calculated. Several online calculators are known of, but having one place to see all of my dosages for different peptides (plus titration doses, etc) is what I like - so a little formula guide in spreadsheet form is what I’ve put together. Replicating it yourself is easy. The layout is this:
Input Fields (Row 2):
Calculated Fields:
Example:
Take a peptide vial of 10 mg (B2 = 10) with 1 ml of bac water added (C2 = 1) and a 1 mg dose wanted (D2 = 1): the concentration works out as =10/1 = 10 mg/ml. A 1 mg dose means drawing =1/10 = 0.1 ml, which is 10 units on the syringe.
I hope this helps!
Questions about reconstituting peptides keep coming up, especially how much Bac water to use and how doses get calculated. Several online calculators are known of, but having one place to see all of my dosages for different peptides (plus titration doses, etc) is what I like - so a little formula guide in spreadsheet form is what I’ve put together. Replicating it yourself is easy. The layout is this:
Input Fields (Row 2):
- Peptide Name (A2): Simply what the peptide is called.
- Amount in Vial (mg) (B2): The milligrams sitting in the vial.
- Amount of Bac Water (ml) (C2): The milliliters of bac water that go in.
- Desired Dose (mg) (D2): What gets drawn for each injection.
Calculated Fields:
- Concentration per ml (E2): Calculated as =B2/C2. So 10 mg in 1 ml comes out at 10 mg/ml.
- Injection Volume (F2): The desired dose divided by the concentration, so =D2/E2.
- Units in Syringe (G2): With a 100-unit insulin syringe it’s just =F2*100, converting the volume into units.
Example:
Take a peptide vial of 10 mg (B2 = 10) with 1 ml of bac water added (C2 = 1) and a 1 mg dose wanted (D2 = 1): the concentration works out as =10/1 = 10 mg/ml. A 1 mg dose means drawing =1/10 = 0.1 ml, which is 10 units on the syringe.
I hope this helps!