Reconstituting 30mg in a 3 ml vial using 6 ml of BAC water for pen cartridges

jperiod

Explorer
Joined
Mar 30, 2026
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Location
southwest
I'm moving over to a pen, and I came across a suggestion that using twice the water during reconstitution can compensate for inaccuracies and cut down on leftover waste at the end of the cartridge. That seems like a solid approach to me. Suppose I've got 30mg of pep in a 3 ml bottle and I want to mix it with 6 ml of water (then filter it) so it fills two 3 ml pen cartridges — what would be the ideal method?

My plan was: add 3 ml of water to the vial. Next, draw 1.5 ml of water into the syringe, pull 1.5 ml out of the vial, and filter that into the first cartridge. After that, take out the rest of the pep, add the same amount of water (presumably also 1.5 ml), and filter it into the second cartridge.

Is there a superior approach to this, and how can I be sure the peptide-to-water ratio stays uniform?
 
Testing your pen for accuracy should rule out any inconsistencies—or at minimum, make them identifiable. Also bear in mind that larger injection volumes may raise the chance of ISRs. My understanding has always been the reverse: a smaller amount of BAC yields a more precise dose.

For nearly everything besides Ghk-CU, I typically reconstitute using 2ml of BAC. Ghk-CU is the exception: I recon with 2ml, then draw that into a 3ml syringe. Next I divide it between 2 cartridges (1 ml apiece, using a fresh needle for each aliquot), and add 2ml of BAC to each cart to bring them to volume.
 
CandyCap said:

Testing your pen for accuracy should rule out any inconsistencies—or at minimum, make them identifiable. Also bear in mind that larger injection volumes may raise the chance of ISRs. My understanding has always been the reverse: a smaller amount of BAC yields a more precise dose.

For nearly everything besides Ghk-CU, I typically reconstitute using 2ml of BAC. Ghk-CU is the exception: I recon with 2ml, then draw that into a 3ml syringe. Next I divide it between 2 cartridges (1 ml apiece, using a fresh needle for each aliquot), and add 2ml of BAC to each cart to bring them to volume.
Since filtering would cost me some units, my plan was to take a measurement beforehand, which tells me the amount of bac water to put in. Regarding precision, I came across a video by peptic critic saying that using a pen to inject a low unit count wasn't advisable. At this point I'm doing 10 units twice weekly, so perhaps that's irrelevant. My idea was to pull whatever remains in the cartridge out with a syringe and give that shot to my husband, so nothing goes to waste. 😆
 
jperiod said:

CandyCap said:

Testing your pen for accuracy should rule out any inconsistencies—or at minimum, make them identifiable. Also bear in mind that larger injection volumes may raise the chance of ISRs. My understanding has always been the reverse: a smaller amount of BAC yields a more precise dose.

For nearly everything besides Ghk-CU, I typically reconstitute using 2ml of BAC. Ghk-CU is the exception: I recon with 2ml, then draw that into a 3ml syringe. Next I divide it between 2 cartridges (1 ml apiece, using a fresh needle for each aliquot), and add 2ml of BAC to each cart to bring them to volume.
Since filtering would cost me some units, my plan was to take a measurement beforehand, which tells me the amount of bac water to put in. Regarding precision, I came across a video by peptic critic saying that using a pen to inject a low unit count wasn't advisable. At this point I'm doing 10 units twice weekly, so perhaps that's irrelevant. My idea was to pull whatever remains in the cartridge out with a syringe and give that shot to my husband, so nothing goes to waste. 😆

My guess is they're referring to amounts below 5 or 10 units.

Diluting my peps to that extent is something I wouldn't do. Down at 5 units, my pens have been quite accurate. I haven't tried them any lower than that.
 
jperiod said:

CandyCap said:

Testing your pen for accuracy should rule out any inconsistencies—or at minimum, make them identifiable. Also bear in mind that larger injection volumes may raise the chance of ISRs. My understanding has always been the reverse: a smaller amount of BAC yields a more precise dose.

For nearly everything besides Ghk-CU, I typically reconstitute using 2ml of BAC. Ghk-CU is the exception: I recon with 2ml, then draw that into a 3ml syringe. Next I divide it between 2 cartridges (1 ml apiece, using a fresh needle for each aliquot), and add 2ml of BAC to each cart to bring them to volume.
Since filtering would cost me some units, my plan was to take a measurement beforehand, which tells me the amount of bac water to put in. Regarding precision, I came across a video by peptic critic saying that using a pen to inject a low unit count wasn't advisable. At this point I'm doing 10 units twice weekly, so perhaps that's irrelevant. My idea was to pull whatever remains in the cartridge out with a syringe and give that shot to my husband, so nothing goes to waste. 😆

Peppy’s has a solid write-up about air flushing to get the peptide back out of the filter. If you aren’t a member there, look around here for instructions on signing up.

A larger amount of BAC means your dose accuracy can shift more, because the solution ends up more dilute, so any error matters less. For pens, though, that really shouldn’t be an issue.

My current process, when I recon into 2 cartridges, is aimed at keeping loss low and uniformity high.

-Pull 6mL BAC into a 10mL syringe

-Add 2mL BAC to the recon vial, leaving the remainder in the syringe.

-Pull the reconned peps back into the syringe along with a bit of extra air, then gently tilt it back and forth several times to mix

-Filter into cartridge 1, then cartridge 2. Air flush the filter into the 2nd cartridge

If I recon into 1 vial, I’ll flush using 2 syringes: one only for BAC, another to draw up the reconned solution. I save some BAC for the very end and use it to flush. With two vials, though, that would throw off the uniformity…maybe I can adjust this eventually, but I’m still greasy in the game!
 
What peptide are you looking to dilute to that extent?

Start by emptying your solution into the empty cartridges. That way, you can check whether both hold the same volume. After that, introduce the water to complete the dilution.

The most I use is 2.4 ml, divided into two 1.2 ml portions, and I top each cartridge up with 1.2 ml to get 2.4 ml. You do have to purge the air afterward, but that beats running into a filling error.
 
jperiod said:

CandyCap said:

Testing your pen for accuracy should rule out any inconsistencies—or at minimum, make them identifiable. Also bear in mind that larger injection volumes may raise the chance of ISRs. My understanding has always been the reverse: a smaller amount of BAC yields a more precise dose.

For nearly everything besides Ghk-CU, I typically reconstitute using 2ml of BAC. Ghk-CU is the exception: I recon with 2ml, then draw that into a 3ml syringe. Next I divide it between 2 cartridges (1 ml apiece, using a fresh needle for each aliquot), and add 2ml of BAC to each cart to bring them to volume.
Since filtering would cost me some units, my plan was to take a measurement beforehand, which tells me the amount of bac water to put in. Regarding precision, I came across a video by peptic critic saying that using a pen to inject a low unit count wasn't advisable. At this point I'm doing 10 units twice weekly, so perhaps that's irrelevant. My idea was to pull whatever remains in the cartridge out with a syringe and give that shot to my husband, so nothing goes to waste. 😆
Somebody should check on that husband — blink twice if you're still okay over there.
 
When you do that, the error margin on how much active compound sits in the vial gets bigger, which basically cancels out the benefit you were hoping to get from adding extra bac water. I once put 2 vials from the same kit together into 1 3ml cart — partly because my first order was a small kit and my dose climbed quicker than I expected, partly because it smooths out any vial that is way over or way under filled, and partly because Hospira bac is hard to get here in the UK 😂. At the end, whatever is left in the cart gets pulled out with a syringe. Pen needles are far better than a syringe needle that has already gone through a rubber septum. Pinning with them does not hurt, but my skin seems thick and it needs a firmer push 😎.
 
Putting 6ml into a 30mg vial? With 3ml in that same 30mg, you'd be injecting 40 units, but with 6ml it's 80 units. That math assumes a 4mg dose.
 
jperiod said:

Alright, I suppose 3 ml for 30 mg it is then. 🤔
I've mentioned this in several places over the last few days, but there's an easy method to determine how much liquid you'll need for reconstitution.

  • Begin with your desired dose for each injection: 6 mg, for instance.
  • Work out how many doses the vial contains: 30 / 6 = 5 doses.
  • Pick an injection volume that feels comfortable and works for you: 0.40 mL (40 units on a pen), for example.
  • Take that volume and multiply it by the dose count: 0.40ml x 5 = 2 ml
That's all there is to it. You don't have to deal with any "mandatory" 3ml volume or concentration.

Just so you know, 30mg/2ml comes out to 15mg/ml, which is far under Reta's maximum solubility of roughly 80mg/ml.
 
pughster25 said:

There's a free calculator on my site, no registration needed or anything like that - https://humanupgradeai.com/peptide-dosage-calculator/

Great!

This is the calculator I've relied on:




Peptide Calculator – Prime Peptides®





a8e45f700410d82c2c146a1e0207eefde9423b0cd9ea9ce16f77bc6b1455bf0e.png



primepeptides.co
 
Back
Top