Just sharing what happened to me lately, in case it's useful to anyone.
First off, I have a coinbase pro account. I decided to go with my venmo mostly since I had some funds sitting there, so I thought why not. Also I'm a total beginner here, so keep that in mind.
What I figured would happen:
1. Turn Venmo balance into PYUSD (paypal stablecoin ETH network).
2. Send it to Exodus.
3. Swap it to USDTtrc20(Tron Network).
Step 1 went smoothly. Step 2, no trouble, QR codes handle the address part nicely. Step 3 is where things went wrong. Exodus wouldn't let me swap PYUSD to USDTtron. I'm sure that's clear to some but it wasn't to me. So after poking around google and the interface I ended up doing another swap in between. PYUSD > USDTetherum then USDTetherum> USDTtron. Then another issue: it wouldn't automatically turn my PYUSD into Eth for "fees". So back to Venmo to get a small amount of Etherum. Send that over to Exodus. Then convert everything. Here's the final sequence.
1. Turn Venmo balance into PYUSD (paypal stablecoin ETH network).
2. Send it to Exodus.
3. Turn Venmo balance into Etherum (small amount)
4. Send it to Exodus.
5. In Exodus, Swap PYUSDeth > USDTeth (burn a little Eth for fees)
6. Swap USDTeth > USDTtron
7. Swap a little Eth > Tron
8. Freeze a little Tron for transaction use bandwidth/energy.
At this point my USDTtron should be set. All told I lost around $20 on swaps that were wasteful and not needed. Inexpensive lesson.
Going forward I'll just cut out a lot of these steps and get Tron straight on Coinbase then transfer to my Exodus Wallet. My reasoning for the way I did it was to dodge current market swings by using stablecoins. Next time if I use my Venmo balance again I'll probably just get BTC and send that. The volatility won't really matter next to the fees from pointless swaps.
First off, I have a coinbase pro account. I decided to go with my venmo mostly since I had some funds sitting there, so I thought why not. Also I'm a total beginner here, so keep that in mind.
What I figured would happen:
1. Turn Venmo balance into PYUSD (paypal stablecoin ETH network).
2. Send it to Exodus.
3. Swap it to USDTtrc20(Tron Network).
Step 1 went smoothly. Step 2, no trouble, QR codes handle the address part nicely. Step 3 is where things went wrong. Exodus wouldn't let me swap PYUSD to USDTtron. I'm sure that's clear to some but it wasn't to me. So after poking around google and the interface I ended up doing another swap in between. PYUSD > USDTetherum then USDTetherum> USDTtron. Then another issue: it wouldn't automatically turn my PYUSD into Eth for "fees". So back to Venmo to get a small amount of Etherum. Send that over to Exodus. Then convert everything. Here's the final sequence.
1. Turn Venmo balance into PYUSD (paypal stablecoin ETH network).
2. Send it to Exodus.
3. Turn Venmo balance into Etherum (small amount)
4. Send it to Exodus.
5. In Exodus, Swap PYUSDeth > USDTeth (burn a little Eth for fees)
6. Swap USDTeth > USDTtron
7. Swap a little Eth > Tron
8. Freeze a little Tron for transaction use bandwidth/energy.
At this point my USDTtron should be set. All told I lost around $20 on swaps that were wasteful and not needed. Inexpensive lesson.
Going forward I'll just cut out a lot of these steps and get Tron straight on Coinbase then transfer to my Exodus Wallet. My reasoning for the way I did it was to dodge current market swings by using stablecoins. Next time if I use my Venmo balance again I'll probably just get BTC and send that. The volatility won't really matter next to the fees from pointless swaps.