Receiving Shipments While on a Trip

Neptide

Explorer
Joined
Mar 14, 2026
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Location
Vancouver wa
This month I was in Europe for a mix of work and leisure. While I was over there, I was eager to pick up some peptides. I came across a few sites that had them for sale, but the problem was figuring out where they could be sent. Hotels won’t take packages on behalf of guests. Has anyone here ever arranged for a package to be delivered during a trip in Europe? I realize this is a strange thing to ask, but I’m just wondering whether anyone else has run into this.
 
Neptide said:

This month I was in Europe for a mix of work and leisure. While I was over there, I was eager to pick up some peptides. I came across a few sites that had them for sale, but the problem was figuring out where they could be sent. Hotels won’t take packages on behalf of guests. Has anyone here ever arranged for a package to be delivered during a trip in Europe? I realize this is a strange thing to ask, but I’m just wondering whether anyone else has run into this.
Guests can have parcels sent to hotels. While staying in Berlin in May, I had 2 packages arrive at my hotel.
 
Fostradamus said:

Neptide said:

This month I was in Europe for a mix of work and leisure. While I was over there, I was eager to pick up some peptides. I came across a few sites that had them for sale, but the problem was figuring out where they could be sent. Hotels won’t take packages on behalf of guests. Has anyone here ever arranged for a package to be delivered during a trip in Europe? I realize this is a strange thing to ask, but I’m just wondering whether anyone else has run into this.
Guests can have parcels sent to hotels. While staying in Berlin in May, I had 2 packages arrive at my hotel.
Good to hear. Were those purchases research-related?
 
Neptide said:

Fostradamus said:

Neptide said:

This month I was in Europe for a mix of work and leisure. While I was over there, I was eager to pick up some peptides. I came across a few sites that had them for sale, but the problem was figuring out where they could be sent. Hotels won’t take packages on behalf of guests. Has anyone here ever arranged for a package to be delivered during a trip in Europe? I realize this is a strange thing to ask, but I’m just wondering whether anyone else has run into this.
Guests can have parcels sent to hotels. While staying in Berlin in May, I had 2 packages arrive at my hotel.
Good to hear. Were those purchases research-related?
In a sense, yes. The shipment had no peptides in it, just 20 bottles of WFI in one case plus a box of nasal saline.
 
Hotels do take deliveries — @Fostradamus is right about that. One thing to watch: the recipient name on the label needs to be the same as whoever is listed on the booking.

When I've needed miscellaneous items overseas, Amazon has worked out well for me. I route parcels either to an Amazon locker (they're less common than in the US) or to a nearby convenience store. Since Amazon.com accounts don't function in Europe, I opened one on Amazon.it and used it to order things throughout the continent. A small trick: sign up for Prime, then cancel — you'll get roughly a month of quicker shipping at no cost.

Another route I've used while in Europe is addressing shipments to myself at FedEx or DHL branches. You list the store's address, then present ID at collection. Having the tracking # makes it smoother as well.

There are plenty of options for getting packages while on the road.
 
About Amazon Lockers, one useful pointer: you can typically find lots of them near university campuses. Also, in the UK, they aren't restricted to any particular group—anyone can use them. That said, I wouldn't hang around waiting for a delivery 😎 Students order a massive amount of items from Amazon. In the UK, that's definitely true.
 
Fostradamus said:

Neptide said:

Fostradamus said:

Neptide said:

This month I was in Europe for a mix of work and leisure. While I was over there, I was eager to pick up some peptides. I came across a few sites that had them for sale, but the problem was figuring out where they could be sent. Hotels won’t take packages on behalf of guests. Has anyone here ever arranged for a package to be delivered during a trip in Europe? I realize this is a strange thing to ask, but I’m just wondering whether anyone else has run into this.
Guests can have parcels sent to hotels. While staying in Berlin in May, I had 2 packages arrive at my hotel.
Good to hear. Were those purchases research-related?
In a sense, yes. The shipment had no peptides in it, just 20 bottles of WFI in one case plus a box of nasal saline.
Appreciate it. On my next trip I'll make sure to check with the hotel first. Thanks a lot 👍
 
Grogu said:

Hotels do take deliveries — @Fostradamus is right about that. One thing to watch: the recipient name on the label needs to be the same as whoever is listed on the booking.

When I've needed miscellaneous items overseas, Amazon has worked out well for me. I route parcels either to an Amazon locker (they're less common than in the US) or to a nearby convenience store. Since Amazon.com accounts don't function in Europe, I opened one on Amazon.it and used it to order things throughout the continent. A small trick: sign up for Prime, then cancel — you'll get roughly a month of quicker shipping at no cost.

Another route I've used while in Europe is addressing shipments to myself at FedEx or DHL branches. You list the store's address, then present ID at collection. Having the tracking # makes it smoother as well.

There are plenty of options for getting packages while on the road.
This is really useful! I'm going back next year, so I'll definitely put this advice to use! 😃 Thanks 🙏
 
CranberryRocker said:

About Amazon Lockers, one useful pointer: you can typically find lots of them near university campuses. Also, in the UK, they aren't restricted to any particular group—anyone can use them. That said, I wouldn't hang around waiting for a delivery 😎 Students order a massive amount of items from Amazon. In the UK, that's definitely true.
I'll also be heading back next year. This is really useful. Many thanks. 😃
 
Back
Top