Reached My Ultimate Target!!! What Comes Next?

SeaGypsy

Explorer
Joined
Jan 20, 2026
Messages
309
Reaction score
0
Location
Green Cove Springs, Florida
Morning everyone, today I finally arrived at the very last milestone I set for myself! As far as I can remember, I haven't tipped the scale at this number since I was 12 years old. My Tirz dose never exceeded 5mg. At this point I need to work out which dose and schedule will keep me stable, without drifting up or down. Does anyone have advice on how to lock in a maintenance dose? Should I simply reduce the amount and space shots out to 10 days? Or divide the dose and take it every 5 days? This is all new for me, so any input would be greatly appreciated
 
I see peptides as crutches—something you rely on until you're able to stand on your own two feet. At this point, I'd bet you've already built solid routines and have a good calorie calculator/tracker at your disposal.
 
RetaRX said:

I see peptides as crutches—something you rely on until you're able to stand on your own two feet. At this point, I'd bet you've already built solid routines and have a good calorie calculator/tracker at your disposal.
Yes, that's true for me too, but quitting Tirz isn't part of my plan. Calorie tracking and strict eating have never silenced the food noise I've dealt with since forever. Dieting alone can't touch that. Then there's the anti-inflammatory upside. Tirz repairs whatever is misfiring in my head, and after 40 years of struggling against myself, I won't return to that endless back-and-forth. What I'm after now is dialing in the ideal maintenance dose.
 
OFAT (One-Factor-at-a-Time) refers to the experimental rule of changing just one variable at a time.

You can either lower the dose while keeping the same schedule, or hold the dose steady and stretch out the time between shots (beginning with 1 day).

Only after steady state is reached (~5 half-lives, roughly 1 month) will the impact of that pattern on you become visible.

You'll learn whether your body does better with the average dose, the pulse, or whether there's no meaningful difference. Perhaps you'll simply find fewer injections more comfortable. Working that out will take 3 to 6 months.

According to official studies, once Tirz is stopped completely, most patients put weight back on fairly quickly.
 
Nice one, pumpkin. I'm 5lbs out, and I'll drop to Reta 2 or 4mg, possibly 6mg down from 9mg. We'll see.
 
eidos said:

OFAT (One-Factor-at-a-Time) refers to the experimental rule of changing just one variable at a time.

You can either lower the dose while keeping the same schedule, or hold the dose steady and stretch out the time between shots (beginning with 1 day).

Only after steady state is reached (~5 half-lives, roughly 1 month) will the impact of that pattern on you become visible.

You'll learn whether your body does better with the average dose, the pulse, or whether there's no meaningful difference. Perhaps you'll simply find fewer injections more comfortable. Working that out will take 3 to 6 months.

According to official studies, once Tirz is stopped completely, most patients put weight back on fairly quickly.
My plan is to drop the dose while stretching out the time between shots, then watch how long it takes before the food noise becomes too hard to ignore. Whether that's a reliable approach, I honestly can't say, but it's research... isn't that the point. I'd really like to hear from people who've already hit their goal about which approach served them best. So I suppose my new objective is simply to avoid regaining anything while I sort this out.

Tirz is something I'll be on forever; I built up a stockpile. That covers me for years.
 
BNLFL said:

Nice one, pumpkin. I'm 5lbs out, and I'll drop to Reta 2 or 4mg, possibly 6mg down from 9mg. We'll see.
Seeing those goal numbers show up on the scale is amazing! Big congratulations to you too.

Right now I'm in the 'work it out' stage. I really don't want to drop any more weight, but I'm nervous about landing on that exact balance to stay put. Gaining is not an option — I just bought new clothes and got rid of all my bigger sizes 😂
 
SeaGypsy said:

eidos said:

OFAT (One-Factor-at-a-Time) refers to the experimental rule of changing just one variable at a time.

You can either lower the dose while keeping the same schedule, or hold the dose steady and stretch out the time between shots (beginning with 1 day).

Only after steady state is reached (~5 half-lives, roughly 1 month) will the impact of that pattern on you become visible.

You'll learn whether your body does better with the average dose, the pulse, or whether there's no meaningful difference. Perhaps you'll simply find fewer injections more comfortable. Working that out will take 3 to 6 months.

According to official studies, once Tirz is stopped completely, most patients put weight back on fairly quickly.
My plan is to drop the dose while stretching out the time between shots, then watch how long it takes before the food noise becomes too hard to ignore. Whether that's a reliable approach, I honestly can't say, but it's research... isn't that the point. I'd really like to hear from people who've already hit their goal about which approach served them best. So I suppose my new objective is simply to avoid regaining anything while I sort this out.

Tirz is something I'll be on forever; I built up a stockpile. That covers me for years.

That's really the reason I brought up the OFAT idea (not zero FAT, though 🙂.

Change 2 things simultaneously and lack the statistical means to parse the outcome, and you're no longer doing research — you're just taking shots in the dark.

Sure, you could test it for 1 month and observe the result, but because Tirz from the prior month's doses will still be circulating in your system, you'd have no way to know anything except to continue in the same manner.
 
SeaGypsy said:

BNLFL said:

Nice one, pumpkin. I'm 5lbs out, and I'll drop to Reta 2 or 4mg, possibly 6mg down from 9mg. We'll see.
Seeing those goal numbers show up on the scale is amazing! Big congratulations to you too.

Right now I'm in the 'work it out' stage. I really don't want to drop any more weight, but I'm nervous about landing on that exact balance to stay put. Gaining is not an option — I just bought new clothes and got rid of all my bigger sizes 😂
More or less the same approach, particularly the "figure it out" portion. I'm able to quit at this point and still be okay, though those remaining 5lbs have been stubborn and I'd like to lose them. My wife will stay at the higher doses. Clothes I kept from 2 years ago, back when I was working, now fit nicely—possibly even a bit loose. The weight all came on during retirement.
 
eidos said:

SeaGypsy said:

eidos said:

OFAT (One-Factor-at-a-Time) refers to the experimental rule of changing just one variable at a time.

You can either lower the dose while keeping the same schedule, or hold the dose steady and stretch out the time between shots (beginning with 1 day).

Only after steady state is reached (~5 half-lives, roughly 1 month) will the impact of that pattern on you become visible.

You'll learn whether your body does better with the average dose, the pulse, or whether there's no meaningful difference. Perhaps you'll simply find fewer injections more comfortable. Working that out will take 3 to 6 months.

According to official studies, once Tirz is stopped completely, most patients put weight back on fairly quickly.
My plan is to drop the dose while stretching out the time between shots, then watch how long it takes before the food noise becomes too hard to ignore. Whether that's a reliable approach, I honestly can't say, but it's research... isn't that the point. I'd really like to hear from people who've already hit their goal about which approach served them best. So I suppose my new objective is simply to avoid regaining anything while I sort this out.

Tirz is something I'll be on forever; I built up a stockpile. That covers me for years.

That's really the reason I brought up the OFAT idea (not zero FAT, though 🙂.

Change 2 things simultaneously and lack the statistical means to parse the outcome, and you're no longer doing research — you're just taking shots in the dark.

Sure, you could test it for 1 month and observe the result, but because Tirz from the prior month's doses will still be circulating in your system, you'd have no way to know anything except to continue in the same manner.
I understand what you mean now. My first approach will be to keep the dose unchanged and stretch out the time between shots. Thanks for breaking it down for me 😊
 
SeaGypsy said:

Morning everyone, today I finally arrived at the very last milestone I set for myself! As far as I can remember, I haven't tipped the scale at this number since I was 12 years old. My Tirz dose never exceeded 5mg. At this point I need to work out which dose and schedule will keep me stable, without drifting up or down. Does anyone have advice on how to lock in a maintenance dose? Should I simply reduce the amount and space shots out to 10 days? Or divide the dose and take it every 5 days? This is all new for me, so any input would be greatly appreciated
Nice work! My own progress has plateaued and I even put on a few lbs — whether that's fat, water, or something else I can't say, since I'm still sticking to a consistent workout routine — so it's encouraging to watch someone else reach their target. I don't have firsthand experience with this, but I've come across advice suggesting you lower your dose gradually and hold steady for a while to gauge how you feel, then decide your next move from there.
 
First, I'd say you should establish your limits—you're not going to stay at 110lb, so at what point do you step in? A range of at least a couple pounds in either direction, I'd figure (it depends on how much you fluctuate).

Eat more if you drop below, eat less if you rise above. With us, the dose size is mostly what drives appetite control.

How have things been going at this dose over the past several weeks or months? That'll tell you roughly how big an adjustment you need.

After that, pick whichever is simpler. Personally, I'd prefer to take the same dose on the same day each week instead of tracking every 10th day (or whatever), which keeps shifting. I've got an app that could handle it, but meh. For me, going with smaller doses and possibly switching from 2x weekly down to weekly might be the way to go.
 
SeaGypsy said:

Morning everyone, today I finally arrived at the very last milestone I set for myself! As far as I can remember, I haven't tipped the scale at this number since I was 12 years old. My Tirz dose never exceeded 5mg. At this point I need to work out which dose and schedule will keep me stable, without drifting up or down. Does anyone have advice on how to lock in a maintenance dose? Should I simply reduce the amount and space shots out to 10 days? Or divide the dose and take it every 5 days? This is all new for me, so any input would be greatly appreciated
Way to go! That's a fantastic result and it shows your hard work paid off.

Here's a bit of personal, anecdotal input from my own journey with this:

A lot hinges on the path that brought you here; at such a low dose, other variables might be at play.

For me, I followed a very rigid plan and dropped 4lbs under my target before I made any adjustments. Once I got there, I eased up on how strict I was being with myself, and that's been the sole tweak I've made in over 12 months. My dosage hasn't changed and neither has the schedule, but I'm fine with that since I believe these peptides offer plenty of advantages beyond just weight loss.

Regarding my weight: I put on a few pounds, partly from TRT and partly from being under my goal, but I shifted focus to body composition and building muscle. The end outcome is that my weight has stayed consistent every week and every month for the past 9 months.

At only 5mg Tirz, you're right at the starting level, so you might find that relaxing your mindset around losing and allowing yourself some treats brings enough equilibrium.

That's my 2 cents...

Regardless.. you're a Champion! Congrats!
 
Skidude said:

SeaGypsy said:

Morning everyone, today I finally arrived at the very last milestone I set for myself! As far as I can remember, I haven't tipped the scale at this number since I was 12 years old. My Tirz dose never exceeded 5mg. At this point I need to work out which dose and schedule will keep me stable, without drifting up or down. Does anyone have advice on how to lock in a maintenance dose? Should I simply reduce the amount and space shots out to 10 days? Or divide the dose and take it every 5 days? This is all new for me, so any input would be greatly appreciated
Way to go! That's a fantastic result and it shows your hard work paid off.

Here's a bit of personal, anecdotal input from my own journey with this:

A lot hinges on the path that brought you here; at such a low dose, other variables might be at play.

For me, I followed a very rigid plan and dropped 4lbs under my target before I made any adjustments. Once I got there, I eased up on how strict I was being with myself, and that's been the sole tweak I've made in over 12 months. My dosage hasn't changed and neither has the schedule, but I'm fine with that since I believe these peptides offer plenty of advantages beyond just weight loss.

Regarding my weight: I put on a few pounds, partly from TRT and partly from being under my goal, but I shifted focus to body composition and building muscle. The end outcome is that my weight has stayed consistent every week and every month for the past 9 months.

At only 5mg Tirz, you're right at the starting level, so you might find that relaxing your mindset around losing and allowing yourself some treats brings enough equilibrium.

That's my 2 cents...

Regardless.. you're a Champion! Congrats!
Thanks 😊

That's intriguing — nothing altered except that when you feel like having something, you have it? Not absolutely everything, but you catch my meaning. For me too, this could be exactly the right answer. Staying with the routine I've kept for such a long time would be lovely
 
My take is that THIS is the part you can only figure out FOR YOURSELF...once you start lab-rattin' on your own, and especially if there is no "specialist" in the picture beyond someone handing out generic recommendations. Your own hunch is worth testing-just choose one, run it, and report back. 😎
 
My endocrinologist is excellent and manages my highly intricate medical condition. They know about my Retatrutide usage—the amount, the schedule, where I get it, everything.

When it came to a maintenance dose, here's what was proposed: either stretch the same dose across 6 to 10 days, or lower the dose while keeping the same injection interval. The answer I got was that either approach is effective, though different people lean toward one or the other.

I've also reached my target weight and have stepped down to 3mg each week, from a previous 3+2 weekly.
 
Since I'm still 10 lbs from my target, I can't offer any ideas or suggestions about what you should do next. With any luck, I'll be asking for that same guidance before long.

Still, I just had to stop by, give you a huge round of applause, and say Congratulations!
 
SeaGypsy said:

Morning everyone, today I finally arrived at the very last milestone I set for myself! As far as I can remember, I haven't tipped the scale at this number since I was 12 years old. My Tirz dose never exceeded 5mg. At this point I need to work out which dose and schedule will keep me stable, without drifting up or down. Does anyone have advice on how to lock in a maintenance dose? Should I simply reduce the amount and space shots out to 10 days? Or divide the dose and take it every 5 days? This is all new for me, so any input would be greatly appreciated
Wow, that's wonderful news. Nice work.

Since tirz never exceeded 5 mg for you, there's room to play around — 5 mg might already be your maintenance level. Another option: drop to 4 mg weekly for 4 weeks and check the outcome. Should things look unchanged, step down to 3 mg for another 3 to 4 weeks and gauge how you feel. Continue reducing, and if the return of food noise becomes bothersome, nudge it back up by 1 mg — that, I'd bet, is your maintenance dose. Finding the lowest dose that still works is the aim. It'll take many weeks of trial and error, but the toughest stretch is behind you now that you've hit your absolute final goal. Maintenance is a breeze!
 
Way to go!!!!! That is a genuine milestone. My 2 cents, as others have mentioned, reduce the dose gradually, but do not stretch out the interval at the same time.

Take it slow.
 
Back
Top