Ranking the peptides we discuss by heart safety - my top 20

ThePep

Explorer
Joined
Aug 12, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Spain
Hi everyone 👋

There's something I've been putting together recently and I thought it might be useful, or at least interesting, to anyone in the same boat.

Arrhythmia and atrial fibrillation have come up for me a few times before, so whenever I look into a new peptide or compound there's one question that carries a lot of weight: what might it do to the heart, heart rate, arrhythmias and cardiovascular health generally.

These past few days I've been going back and forth with AI about a lot of the peptides we discuss in here. My request was that it weigh them not just on the usual benefits - metabolism, body composition, inflammation, recovery, etc. - but also lean heavily toward compounds that at least on paper look unproblematic from a cardiovascular standpoint.

The end result was this Top 20 ranking, along with a second page listing compounds I'd be warier of.

Seeing it all laid out was interesting enough that I'm posting it here - maybe it gives someone else a place to start.

None of this is medical advice, and none of it means these compounds treat or prevent heart problems.

For many of them the evidence remains quite thin, and the ranking partly rests on theoretical mechanisms plus what evidence exists today.

What I'd really like is to hear your take.

So if you have a background of arrhythmias, atrial fibrillation, tachycardia or other cardiovascular issues and have run any of these compounds, I'd love to read your experience.

Should you think something sits too high, too low, or that I've left out an important compound, please say so. There's enough collective experience here to sharpen the ranking considerably.

The PDF is attached if anyone fancies a look.

Cheers everyone!
 
ThePep said:

Hi everyone 👋

There's something I've been putting together recently and I thought it might be useful, or at least interesting, to anyone in the same boat.

Arrhythmia and atrial fibrillation have come up for me a few times before, so whenever I look into a new peptide or compound there's one question that carries a lot of weight: what might it do to the heart, heart rate, arrhythmias and cardiovascular health generally.

These past few days I've been going back and forth with AI about a lot of the peptides we discuss in here. My request was that it weigh them not just on the usual benefits - metabolism, body composition, inflammation, recovery, etc. - but also lean heavily toward compounds that at least on paper look unproblematic from a cardiovascular standpoint.

The end result was this Top 20 ranking, along with a second page listing compounds I'd be warier of.

Seeing it all laid out was interesting enough that I'm posting it here - maybe it gives someone else a place to start.

None of this is medical advice, and none of it means these compounds treat or prevent heart problems.

For many of them the evidence remains quite thin, and the ranking partly rests on theoretical mechanisms plus what evidence exists today.

What I'd really like is to hear your take.

So if you have a background of arrhythmias, atrial fibrillation, tachycardia or other cardiovascular issues and have run any of these compounds, I'd love to read your experience.

Should you think something sits too high, too low, or that I've left out an important compound, please say so. There's enough collective experience here to sharpen the ranking considerably.

The PDF is attached if anyone fancies a look.

Cheers everyone!
DECAF - Does Eliminating Coffee Avoid Fibrillation? - is a trial whose results crossed my path recently, and I thought they'd interest you.

The prospective, randomized trial found that patients with persistent AFib or atrial flutter who consumed a modest amount of regular caffeinated coffee (averaging about 1 cup daily) after successful cardioversion experienced a 39% to 47% lower rate of recurrence over six months compared to those instructed to abstain from coffee and caffeine entirely.

Click to expand...
 
3 of my close friends are all on Tirz now - their cardiologists prescribed it strictly for heart benefits, and none of them was overweight.
 
Just A Cat said:

ThePep said:

Hi everyone 👋

There's something I've been putting together recently and I thought it might be useful, or at least interesting, to anyone in the same boat.

Arrhythmia and atrial fibrillation have come up for me a few times before, so whenever I look into a new peptide or compound there's one question that carries a lot of weight: what might it do to the heart, heart rate, arrhythmias and cardiovascular health generally.

These past few days I've been going back and forth with AI about a lot of the peptides we discuss in here. My request was that it weigh them not just on the usual benefits - metabolism, body composition, inflammation, recovery, etc. - but also lean heavily toward compounds that at least on paper look unproblematic from a cardiovascular standpoint.

The end result was this Top 20 ranking, along with a second page listing compounds I'd be warier of.

Seeing it all laid out was interesting enough that I'm posting it here - maybe it gives someone else a place to start.

None of this is medical advice, and none of it means these compounds treat or prevent heart problems.

For many of them the evidence remains quite thin, and the ranking partly rests on theoretical mechanisms plus what evidence exists today.

What I'd really like is to hear your take.

So if you have a background of arrhythmias, atrial fibrillation, tachycardia or other cardiovascular issues and have run any of these compounds, I'd love to read your experience.

Should you think something sits too high, too low, or that I've left out an important compound, please say so. There's enough collective experience here to sharpen the ranking considerably.

The PDF is attached if anyone fancies a look.

Cheers everyone!
DECAF - Does Eliminating Coffee Avoid Fibrillation? - is a trial whose results crossed my path recently, and I thought they'd interest you.

The prospective, randomized trial found that patients with persistent AFib or atrial flutter who consumed a modest amount of regular caffeinated coffee (averaging about 1 cup daily) after successful cardioversion experienced a 39% to 47% lower rate of recurrence over six months compared to those instructed to abstain from coffee and caffeine entirely.

Click to expand...

Thanks! That study had completely passed me by. Genuinely interesting, particularly since coffee and caffeine tend to sit near the top of the list of things arrhythmia patients assume they must give up.

Dropping recurrence by 39-47% is more than enough reason for me to go read up on it. Thanks for posting it! 👍
 
spanky2026 said:

3 of my close friends are all on Tirz now - their cardiologists prescribed it strictly for heart benefits, and none of them was overweight.
Mine did the same for me. The prescription was low dose Zepbound (2.5mg), aimed at bringing down inflammation and insulin resistance. Looking into the ingredient, Tirz, is what led me into the world of peptides 🙂.
 
spanky2026 said:

3 of my close friends are all on Tirz now - their cardiologists prescribed it strictly for heart benefits, and none of them was overweight.

Tirz having cardiovascular benefits was already on my radar, though I had no idea cardiologists were handing it to non-overweight people purely for heart benefits.

Appreciate the post! 👍
 
Back
Top