Random body itching — anyone else?

QuantumBeast

Explorer
Joined
Aug 24, 2026
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
California
I can’t tell whether this is coming from the GHKCU or another peptide in my stack, but I’ve noticed itching that pops up in various places on my body at random. Scratching doesn’t bring that usual satisfying relief that you’d expect when you scratch an itch. There are no hives and no redness, so it doesn’t look like an allergic reaction, and it isn’t happening at the injection sites either, which is where you might sometimes get itching. It’s really odd, and I was just curious whether anyone else has gone through the same thing.
 
Could just be coincidence, but back when I was using pharmacy Wegovy — before I discovered gray — I had intense itching urges across my whole body. It was awful, and scratching never brought relief; I'd keep going until it was painful.

After that I found gray and switched back to Tirz (I'd been on Mounjaro for a year before). These days I'm on Reta.

Since I quit the Wegovy, the itching hasn't come back 🤷🏼
 
Not sure whether this was just chance, but KPV seemed to trigger it for me. While I was away on vacation I quit taking it, and the problem disappeared. I've started it back up now, so I'll soon see whether it's really the culprit.
 
Right now, the breakouts and itching are limited to my stomach area. Even after reducing the dose of a few of the newer peptides I had started, the bumps and itchiness on my stomach haven't gone away. At the moment, the only things I'm using are Reta, GHK, and KPV. None of these ever caused itching for me before, so I really don't know what's going on. In a couple of days I'm leaving for a short vacation, and while I'm away I won't use the GHK or KPV. That way I can tell whether the itching stops.
 
A fruity ketone smell on your breath could mean ketones are also being released through your skin's pores. This happens when your body burns fat rather than glucose. The underlying cause is excess free fatty acids circulating in your blood vessels. Itchy welts may then appear on the torso.
 
A reaction or sensitivity to copper is real. While it can’t account for every peptide discussed in this thread, it might still be something to keep an eye on.
 
QuantumBeast said:

I can’t tell whether this is coming from the GHKCU or another peptide in my stack, but I’ve noticed itching that pops up in various places on my body at random. Scratching doesn’t bring that usual satisfying relief that you’d expect when you scratch an itch. There are no hives and no redness, so it doesn’t look like an allergic reaction, and it isn’t happening at the injection sites either, which is where you might sometimes get itching. It’s really odd, and I was just curious whether anyone else has gone through the same thing.
When my son first began a glp 1, he experienced itching that came and went. After a few weeks, it stopped.
 
I've brought this up here before — I deal with itchy skin too, going on almost 2 years now, and nothing seems to explain it except "tirzepatide." When I added survo on top, the itching flared so badly that I dropped the stack entirely. Every topical, lotion, and allergy medication I've tried has done nothing. Eventually I had to weigh it out: stay itchy forever at a healthy weight, or put the weight back on and get rid of the itch. I've gotten fairly good at resisting the urge to scratch, but for what it's worth, I've read that severe itching can be just as agonizing as severe pain — and I tend to agree.
 
cldfront said:

I've brought this up here before — I deal with itchy skin too, going on almost 2 years now, and nothing seems to explain it except "tirzepatide." When I added survo on top, the itching flared so badly that I dropped the stack entirely. Every topical, lotion, and allergy medication I've tried has done nothing. Eventually I had to weigh it out: stay itchy forever at a healthy weight, or put the weight back on and get rid of the itch. I've gotten fairly good at resisting the urge to scratch, but for what it's worth, I've read that severe itching can be just as agonizing as severe pain — and I tend to agree.
To be honest, this might be caused by either the Reta or by losing weight. Rather than being on the surface, the itch seems to sit beneath the skin. It is an odd kind of itch, and I notice it most when I am still or resting in bed. I should have said earlier that my current stack includes Reta, Tesa, GHKCU and NAD+.
 
QuantumBeast said:

cldfront said:

I've brought this up here before — I deal with itchy skin too, going on almost 2 years now, and nothing seems to explain it except "tirzepatide." When I added survo on top, the itching flared so badly that I dropped the stack entirely. Every topical, lotion, and allergy medication I've tried has done nothing. Eventually I had to weigh it out: stay itchy forever at a healthy weight, or put the weight back on and get rid of the itch. I've gotten fairly good at resisting the urge to scratch, but for what it's worth, I've read that severe itching can be just as agonizing as severe pain — and I tend to agree.
To be honest, this might be caused by either the Reta or by losing weight. Rather than being on the surface, the itch seems to sit beneath the skin. It is an odd kind of itch, and I notice it most when I am still or resting in bed. I should have said earlier that my current stack includes Reta, Tesa, GHKCU and NAD+.
One option is to run something like an elimination diet: stop 1 of your pins at a time, and see whether that reveals what's causing it. Alternatively, if the itch bothers you less than you enjoy all of them, you can treat it as a chance to work on tolerance. 🙂
 
Back
Top