Questions about testing and splitting vials

ilateapex

Explorer
Joined
Apr 15, 2026
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
Kentucky
I'm new to Gray and have been reading and researching quite a bit. I appreciate everyone who contributes here.

Question about testing: Suppose I buy several kits of the same product, from one supplier, in one size, for example T60 X 4 kits. Should I send just 1 vial for testing, or do I need to send 1 vial from each kit? And if I buy some T60 kits along with T30 kits, same question, how many vials should be tested?

Splitting: If I have T60 kits but my dose is only about 5mg, would it be better to divide the vial into 2 smaller vials when reconstituting, so I don't have to pin from the same vial too frequently? I have the same question about some compounded product I'm using now. I have some 72mg vials and I'm wondering whether I should take out half and place it into a new vial to reduce the chance of contamination from repeated pinning.

Thanks for any assistance.
 
ilateapex said:

I'm new to Gray and have been reading and researching quite a bit. I appreciate everyone who contributes here.

Question about testing: Suppose I buy several kits of the same product, from one supplier, in one size, for example T60 X 4 kits. Should I send just 1 vial for testing, or do I need to send 1 vial from each kit? And if I buy some T60 kits along with T30 kits, same question, how many vials should be tested?

Splitting: If I have T60 kits but my dose is only about 5mg, would it be better to divide the vial into 2 smaller vials when reconstituting, so I don't have to pin from the same vial too frequently? I have the same question about some compounded product I'm using now. I have some 72mg vials and I'm wondering whether I should take out half and place it into a new vial to reduce the chance of contamination from repeated pinning.

Thanks for any assistance.

Should you handle the testing yourself, my own suggestion would be a minimum of 1 vial dedicated to mass/purity plus another for endotoxins, since endotoxin results have come back high lately. If your risk tolerance allows, sterility testing could be added too, and that may take 1 or 2 vials depending on which lab you use. That means the floor is probably 2 vials (mass/purity and endotoxins). Every production batch needs its own testing, so your T60 kits and T30 kits would be handled separately. My own preference would lean toward putting more attention on the T30 kits. Another option is finding testing groups so the cost for the batches you buy can be shared with other people.

On the subject of puncturing vials and how that affects sterility or degradation, I've personally drawn from compounded tirzepatide vials many times over a span of months. Before every injection, look at the vial for cloudiness or floaters, and if anything visible looks wrong, do not inject. The "official" medical guidance says 28 days for multi-dose vials, though that figure is quite conservative.

One thing I came across very early in my journey: diabetics may inject many times a day from the same vial they keep using for over a month. So someone injecting 3x per day reaches 90 punctures within a month. The vial system is the same one used across all these vials. Too much pinning isn't the "problem" to worry about. Sterility and degradation are. It turns out (lucky for us) that tirzepatide is a fairly hardy peptide and tolerates a lot. Keeping open vials for months and months therefore leads to very slow degradation. On sterility, my thinking has been that dividing into two separate vials isn't a terrible idea, particularly when you're on a low dose and are filtering. Definitely filter.

Good luck.
 
Appreciate the feedback.

I've got another question about testing. If you send in something like a T60 and the results come back showing 63 mg, is the assumption that every vial is overfilled? And should you then adjust the reconstitution based on that?
 
ilateapex said:

Appreciate the feedback.

I've got another question about testing. If you send in something like a T60 and the results come back showing 63 mg, is the assumption that every vial is overfilled? And should you then adjust the reconstitution based on that?

That's right.
 
ilateapex said:

Appreciate the feedback.

I've got another question about testing. If you send in something like a T60 and the results come back showing 63 mg, is the assumption that every vial is overfilled? And should you then adjust the reconstitution based on that?

There are two common approaches, and which one you pick comes down to what you're comfortable with. One option is to simply trust the label's milligram figure and calculate your dose from that. The other is to recalculate based on what the test actually shows. That said, when only a single vial has been tested, the results aren't enough to draw conclusions about the whole batch.

What mass and purity testing can confirm is whether the vial you submitted actually contains the peptide it's supposed to be, plus whether it's noticeably short or heavy on fill. My own approach is to stick with the labeled milligrams, and treat any extra as a nice little bonus 😂 in both a figurative and a literal sense.

At 5mg per dose, you'd get 12 doses out of it. Spread those 3 extra milligrams across 12 doses and you're looking at just 3mg/12 = .25mg above what you'd otherwise expect.
 
Grogu said:

ilateapex said:

Appreciate the feedback.

I've got another question about testing. If you send in something like a T60 and the results come back showing 63 mg, is the assumption that every vial is overfilled? And should you then adjust the reconstitution based on that?

There are two common approaches, and which one you pick comes down to what you're comfortable with. One option is to simply trust the label's milligram figure and calculate your dose from that. The other is to recalculate based on what the test actually shows. That said, when only a single vial has been tested, the results aren't enough to draw conclusions about the whole batch.

What mass and purity testing can confirm is whether the vial you submitted actually contains the peptide it's supposed to be, plus whether it's noticeably short or heavy on fill. My own approach is to stick with the labeled milligrams, and treat any extra as a nice little bonus 😂 in both a figurative and a literal sense.

At 5mg per dose, you'd get 12 doses out of it. Spread those 3 extra milligrams across 12 doses and you're looking at just 3mg/12 = .25mg above what you'd otherwise expect.
My J5 R60 came back at 72mg, and the R50 I have tests at 56mg. For reconstitution I'll use 3ml BAC and simply change how much I draw per shot. His R50 could be the next one I try. The vials I'm using now still have 3 or 4 pins' worth left.
 
BNLFL said:

Grogu said:

ilateapex said:

Appreciate the feedback.

I've got another question about testing. If you send in something like a T60 and the results come back showing 63 mg, is the assumption that every vial is overfilled? And should you then adjust the reconstitution based on that?

There are two common approaches, and which one you pick comes down to what you're comfortable with. One option is to simply trust the label's milligram figure and calculate your dose from that. The other is to recalculate based on what the test actually shows. That said, when only a single vial has been tested, the results aren't enough to draw conclusions about the whole batch.

What mass and purity testing can confirm is whether the vial you submitted actually contains the peptide it's supposed to be, plus whether it's noticeably short or heavy on fill. My own approach is to stick with the labeled milligrams, and treat any extra as a nice little bonus 😂 in both a figurative and a literal sense.

At 5mg per dose, you'd get 12 doses out of it. Spread those 3 extra milligrams across 12 doses and you're looking at just 3mg/12 = .25mg above what you'd otherwise expect.
My J5 R60 came back at 72mg, and the R50 I have tests at 56mg. For reconstitution I'll use 3ml BAC and simply change how much I draw per shot. His R50 could be the next one I try. The vials I'm using now still have 3 or 4 pins' worth left.

When I mix, I aim for a set concentration—10mg/mL, 20mg/mL, and so on—because it simplifies dosing. That way, if I'm adjusting often or switching amounts spontaneously, the calculations stay simple enough to do mentally. Still, that's what makes grey so appealing: you have plenty of room to adapt.
 
BNLFL said:

Grogu said:

ilateapex said:

Appreciate the feedback.

I've got another question about testing. If you send in something like a T60 and the results come back showing 63 mg, is the assumption that every vial is overfilled? And should you then adjust the reconstitution based on that?

There are two common approaches, and which one you pick comes down to what you're comfortable with. One option is to simply trust the label's milligram figure and calculate your dose from that. The other is to recalculate based on what the test actually shows. That said, when only a single vial has been tested, the results aren't enough to draw conclusions about the whole batch.

What mass and purity testing can confirm is whether the vial you submitted actually contains the peptide it's supposed to be, plus whether it's noticeably short or heavy on fill. My own approach is to stick with the labeled milligrams, and treat any extra as a nice little bonus 😂 in both a figurative and a literal sense.

At 5mg per dose, you'd get 12 doses out of it. Spread those 3 extra milligrams across 12 doses and you're looking at just 3mg/12 = .25mg above what you'd otherwise expect.
My J5 R60 came back at 72mg, and the R50 I have tests at 56mg. For reconstitution I'll use 3ml BAC and simply change how much I draw per shot. His R50 could be the next one I try. The vials I'm using now still have 3 or 4 pins' worth left.
A bit of a detour from the main thread, but their name has come up repeatedly and they appear dependable. Still, I haven't managed to find any way to get in touch. My assumption is that they're a person you need to be more "in the know" about, or have the right connections, before you could even consider placing an order. Is that right?
 
giraffonaut said:

BNLFL said:

Grogu said:

ilateapex said:

Appreciate the feedback.

I've got another question about testing. If you send in something like a T60 and the results come back showing 63 mg, is the assumption that every vial is overfilled? And should you then adjust the reconstitution based on that?

There are two common approaches, and which one you pick comes down to what you're comfortable with. One option is to simply trust the label's milligram figure and calculate your dose from that. The other is to recalculate based on what the test actually shows. That said, when only a single vial has been tested, the results aren't enough to draw conclusions about the whole batch.

What mass and purity testing can confirm is whether the vial you submitted actually contains the peptide it's supposed to be, plus whether it's noticeably short or heavy on fill. My own approach is to stick with the labeled milligrams, and treat any extra as a nice little bonus 😂 in both a figurative and a literal sense.

At 5mg per dose, you'd get 12 doses out of it. Spread those 3 extra milligrams across 12 doses and you're looking at just 3mg/12 = .25mg above what you'd otherwise expect.
My J5 R60 came back at 72mg, and the R50 I have tests at 56mg. For reconstitution I'll use 3ml BAC and simply change how much I draw per shot. His R50 could be the next one I try. The vials I'm using now still have 3 or 4 pins' worth left.
A bit of a detour from the main thread, but their name has come up repeatedly and they appear dependable. Still, I haven't managed to find any way to get in touch. My assumption is that they're a person you need to be more "in the know" about, or have the right connections, before you could even consider placing an order. Is that right?
Sadly, since you're a newer member, you've got a No Source Discussion tag. Stay active in forum discussions and it'll be lifted before you know it!
 
Estarossa19 said:

giraffonaut said:

BNLFL said:

Grogu said:

ilateapex said:

Appreciate the feedback.

I've got another question about testing. If you send in something like a T60 and the results come back showing 63 mg, is the assumption that every vial is overfilled? And should you then adjust the reconstitution based on that?

There are two common approaches, and which one you pick comes down to what you're comfortable with. One option is to simply trust the label's milligram figure and calculate your dose from that. The other is to recalculate based on what the test actually shows. That said, when only a single vial has been tested, the results aren't enough to draw conclusions about the whole batch.

What mass and purity testing can confirm is whether the vial you submitted actually contains the peptide it's supposed to be, plus whether it's noticeably short or heavy on fill. My own approach is to stick with the labeled milligrams, and treat any extra as a nice little bonus 😂 in both a figurative and a literal sense.

At 5mg per dose, you'd get 12 doses out of it. Spread those 3 extra milligrams across 12 doses and you're looking at just 3mg/12 = .25mg above what you'd otherwise expect.
My J5 R60 came back at 72mg, and the R50 I have tests at 56mg. For reconstitution I'll use 3ml BAC and simply change how much I draw per shot. His R50 could be the next one I try. The vials I'm using now still have 3 or 4 pins' worth left.
A bit of a detour from the main thread, but their name has come up repeatedly and they appear dependable. Still, I haven't managed to find any way to get in touch. My assumption is that they're a person you need to be more "in the know" about, or have the right connections, before you could even consider placing an order. Is that right?
Sadly, since you're a newer member, you've got a No Source Discussion tag. Stay active in forum discussions and it'll be lifted before you know it!
Oh, my mistake. I figured that counted as me sharing my take on them rather than simply posing a question.
 
giraffonaut said:

BNLFL said:

Grogu said:

ilateapex said:

Appreciate the feedback.

I've got another question about testing. If you send in something like a T60 and the results come back showing 63 mg, is the assumption that every vial is overfilled? And should you then adjust the reconstitution based on that?

There are two common approaches, and which one you pick comes down to what you're comfortable with. One option is to simply trust the label's milligram figure and calculate your dose from that. The other is to recalculate based on what the test actually shows. That said, when only a single vial has been tested, the results aren't enough to draw conclusions about the whole batch.

What mass and purity testing can confirm is whether the vial you submitted actually contains the peptide it's supposed to be, plus whether it's noticeably short or heavy on fill. My own approach is to stick with the labeled milligrams, and treat any extra as a nice little bonus 😂 in both a figurative and a literal sense.

At 5mg per dose, you'd get 12 doses out of it. Spread those 3 extra milligrams across 12 doses and you're looking at just 3mg/12 = .25mg above what you'd otherwise expect.
My J5 R60 came back at 72mg, and the R50 I have tests at 56mg. For reconstitution I'll use 3ml BAC and simply change how much I draw per shot. His R50 could be the next one I try. The vials I'm using now still have 3 or 4 pins' worth left.
A bit of a detour from the main thread, but their name has come up repeatedly and they appear dependable. Still, I haven't managed to find any way to get in touch. My assumption is that they're a person you need to be more "in the know" about, or have the right connections, before you could even consider placing an order. Is that right?
Locating them isn't easy, plus joining now requires passing a test. You'll make it in eventually.
 
Picking up where the vial-splitting discussion left off.

From what I've dug up on this forum, the only BAC water I can locate comes in 30ml bottles. I've also read that once you've done your first pin, the shelf life runs roughly 90 days give or take. Working on the assumption that long-term use averages 5mg per week, a T60 vial should stretch to around 12 weeks, which lines up with those 90 days. My idea was to mix up a single 60mg vial whenever I need it, and even divide that between two vials. At that rate, I'd only go through somewhere around 2-3 ml of BAC every 90 days. In theory I could reconstitute a second 60mg within that same 90-day window, but that's realistically the ceiling. That would put me at 4-6 ml per 90 days. The plan was to store the unreconstituted product in the freezer long term and keep the mixed stuff in the fridge.

What's thrown me off is that 90-day post-pin shelf life for the BAC water. Does my approach make sense, or am I looking at it wrong? I'm not planning to add any other peptides, just single-use T.

What do the experienced folks here think? Is there any quality BAC available in smaller bottles? Or should I simply factor the wasted amount into my budget?
 
ilateapex said:

Picking up where the vial-splitting discussion left off.

From what I've dug up on this forum, the only BAC water I can locate comes in 30ml bottles. I've also read that once you've done your first pin, the shelf life runs roughly 90 days give or take. Working on the assumption that long-term use averages 5mg per week, a T60 vial should stretch to around 12 weeks, which lines up with those 90 days. My idea was to mix up a single 60mg vial whenever I need it, and even divide that between two vials. At that rate, I'd only go through somewhere around 2-3 ml of BAC every 90 days. In theory I could reconstitute a second 60mg within that same 90-day window, but that's realistically the ceiling. That would put me at 4-6 ml per 90 days. The plan was to store the unreconstituted product in the freezer long term and keep the mixed stuff in the fridge.

What's thrown me off is that 90-day post-pin shelf life for the BAC water. Does my approach make sense, or am I looking at it wrong? I'm not planning to add any other peptides, just single-use T.

What do the experienced folks here think? Is there any quality BAC available in smaller bottles? Or should I simply factor the wasted amount into my budget?
Both myself and others continue using it until very little remains.
 
If you keep BAC around for a long stretch, do you rely on the same things you'd watch for with other peptides — stuff floating in it and it turning cloudy?
 
ilateapex said:

If you keep BAC around for a long stretch, do you rely on the same things you'd watch for with other peptides — stuff floating in it and it turning cloudy?
Before each use, checking the BAC water is a must, and I personally aim to finish my supply within 90 days after the first puncture.
 
Back
Top