Questions about intranasal dosing math

Blindman

Explorer
Joined
Jan 21, 2026
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
Kansas City
I have 10mg of semax on the way and I want to verify my calculations. The part I am unsure about is the spray.

I bought the snot bottle that a lot of people recommend on amazon, the one that lists how much comes out per squeeze. It will not arrive for a while, so I got another brand instead, but there is no information about how much each shot delivers.

I looked at the calculators. pep-pedia had nothing on intranasal use, while the others I came across asked for the amount per squirt.

Someone suggested adding 5ml water to the bottle and counting the squirts to figure it out. But I was wondering whether that is done with a primed bottle?

Is this a problem, or are the amounts per squirt standardized?

Thanks in advance
 
I followed the approach you described and did a trial spray into a syringe with the cap on so I could see the actual volume. The listed amount per spray can differ from bottle to bottle, so testing ahead of time makes sense. Prime it before testing, since that matches how you will actually use it. For mixing the solution, go with de ionized or distilled water. Bring it to a boil first, and keep everything sterile while you handle it. Introducing an infection into your nasal passages is something you want to avoid, because it can be really bad.
 
Blindman said:

I have 10mg of semax on the way and I want to verify my calculations. The part I am unsure about is the spray.

I bought the snot bottle that a lot of people recommend on amazon, the one that lists how much comes out per squeeze. It will not arrive for a while, so I got another brand instead, but there is no information about how much each shot delivers.

I looked at the calculators. pep-pedia had nothing on intranasal use, while the others I came across asked for the amount per squirt.

Someone suggested adding 5ml water to the bottle and counting the squirts to figure it out. But I was wondering whether that is done with a primed bottle?

Is this a problem, or are the amounts per squirt standardized?

Thanks in advance
For the sake of your sinuses, sterile saline is the way to go. Each spray from the Snoot bottles delivers 0.1 ml, and that detail ought to be listed on the product page. Keep your spray in the fridge at all times. With smaller spray bottles, the amount is typically lower. For my own calculations, I rely on this IN tool: https://peptidescalculator.com/intranasal-calculator
 
I figured I'd verify this on my own. Picked up an inexpensive compact digital scale that reads down to .001g. My plan: put saline in a bottle, then repeat spray and weigh cycles—spray, weigh, spray, weigh, spray, weigh—so I can determine the exact amount of saline released with each spray.
 
Blindman said:

I have 10mg of semax on the way and I want to verify my calculations. The part I am unsure about is the spray.

I bought the snot bottle that a lot of people recommend on amazon, the one that lists how much comes out per squeeze. It will not arrive for a while, so I got another brand instead, but there is no information about how much each shot delivers.

I looked at the calculators. pep-pedia had nothing on intranasal use, while the others I came across asked for the amount per squirt.

Someone suggested adding 5ml water to the bottle and counting the squirts to figure it out. But I was wondering whether that is done with a primed bottle?

Is this a problem, or are the amounts per squirt standardized?

Thanks in advance
Are you claiming the protocols weren't listed on this page?



https://pep-pedia.org/peptides/semax


 
yrrdead said:

Blindman said:

I have 10mg of semax on the way and I want to verify my calculations. The part I am unsure about is the spray.

I bought the snot bottle that a lot of people recommend on amazon, the one that lists how much comes out per squeeze. It will not arrive for a while, so I got another brand instead, but there is no information about how much each shot delivers.

I looked at the calculators. pep-pedia had nothing on intranasal use, while the others I came across asked for the amount per squirt.

Someone suggested adding 5ml water to the bottle and counting the squirts to figure it out. But I was wondering whether that is done with a primed bottle?

Is this a problem, or are the amounts per squirt standardized?

Thanks in advance
Are you claiming the protocols weren't listed on this page?



https://pep-pedia.org/peptides/semax


I came across an intranasal calculator, put in 5ml, and tallied how many sprays it took until the bottle was empty. Either the site handles the conversion, or you just divide.

It worked out to 0.13ml for each spray, and it also recommended how many ml to add.

After that, I took the pep-pedia dose and halved it. One half for the left nostril, the other for the right.

So for the dose I relied on the pep-pedia you pointed to, and for the conversion I used https://intranasal.peprecon.com/.
 
Back
Top