Question about mixing 2 vials into 1

jmk909er

Explorer
Joined
Jul 21, 2026
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Location
Woodward, Oklahoma, USA
I looked around, but no thread on this came up...

My goal is to take 2 vials of 30mg tirz and put them together in a single vial, giving me 60mg total, which would let me draw 5 equal 12mg doses. Normally, I put 1ml of BAC Water in a vial.

Option one: add 1ml of BAC Water to one vial, let it reconstitute, then move that into the second vial?

Option two: reconstitute both vials separately, using 1ml of BAC Water for each, and then mix them together? I'm not sure 🤔

Thanks.
 
It is possible. Total amount will be 2 ml which is equal to 200 units. 200/5 =40 units each injection with 12mg Tirz.

Consider using them one by one in place of combining in order to avoid air contamination and degradation risks. Reconstitute first 1 vial with 1 ml BAC. Then inject 2 times 40 units and there will be 20 units left. Then reconstitute 2 vial before 3rd injection. Pull first 20 units from new reconstitution and then pull leftover 20 units from first vial.
 
Yep, this is something I do. First I add 1.5ml to one vial to reconstitute it, then I transfer that into the second vial and put in another .5 bac.

My diy klow gets the same treatment...though in that case it's 3 separate vials that all get combined into 1 in the end.

Haven't run into any problems so far.
 
I often merge vials that contain lower milligram amounts. In particular, when you have a product that is very pure yet lower in dose than expected, putting them together can turn out quite nicely.
 
If you're going to filter, simply reconstitute both, then use a long needle to draw both into one syringe, and filter that into a new sterile vial.
 
agussie said:

If you're going to filter, simply reconstitute both, then use a long needle to draw both into one syringe, and filter that into a new sterile vial.
That's exactly it.
 
ladyj779 said:

Yep, this is something I do. First I add 1.5ml to one vial to reconstitute it, then I transfer that into the second vial and put in another .5 bac.

My diy klow gets the same treatment...though in that case it's 3 separate vials that all get combined into 1 in the end.

Haven't run into any problems so far.

Mixing klow on your own isn't something I've come across people doing. What's the reason behind it for you? Are you after a higher amount of one component versus another?
 
DaisyCloud said:

ladyj779 said:

Yep, this is something I do. First I add 1.5ml to one vial to reconstitute it, then I transfer that into the second vial and put in another .5 bac.

My diy klow gets the same treatment...though in that case it's 3 separate vials that all get combined into 1 in the end.

Haven't run into any problems so far.

Mixing klow on your own isn't something I've come across people doing. What's the reason behind it for you? Are you after a higher amount of one component versus another?
A lot of people who've been at this a while blend their own klow or similar stacks, tweaking the proportions so the mix fits what they need. I'm in that camp too. That said, I wouldn't tell someone else to do it — I have no idea how they handle things. Just because nothing went wrong for me doesn't guarantee the same outcome for them.
 
agussie said:

If you're going to filter, simply reconstitute both, then use a long needle to draw both into one syringe, and filter that into a new sterile vial.
Aliquot, even when you skip filtration (which is still very strongly advised).
 
jmk909er said:

I looked around, but no thread on this came up...

My goal is to take 2 vials of 30mg tirz and put them together in a single vial, giving me 60mg total, which would let me draw 5 equal 12mg doses. Normally, I put 1ml of BAC Water in a vial.

Option one: add 1ml of BAC Water to one vial, let it reconstitute, then move that into the second vial?

Option two: reconstitute both vials separately, using 1ml of BAC Water for each, and then mix them together? I'm not sure 🤔

Thanks.

To lower the chance of a dosing mistake, I prefer to hold the concentration steady.

Say I typically reconstitute 30 mg of tirzepatide using 1 mL, so that 40 IU corresponds to 12 mg. In that case, if I put 2 vials together for a total of 60 mg, I'd still aim for a final volume of 2 mL. That keeps the concentration unchanged, meaning 40 IU continues to correspond to 12 mg. Whether you reconstitute 1 vial with 1.5ml and the other with 0.5ml makes no difference, provided the final volume is 2ml.

This comes in handy for me particularly when I'm wrapping up one vial (eg a single vial) and then switching to a mixed vial. Since the concentration is the same, the IUs stay the same too. I never have to second guess myself.
 
jmk909er said:

I looked around, but no thread on this came up...

My goal is to take 2 vials of 30mg tirz and put them together in a single vial, giving me 60mg total, which would let me draw 5 equal 12mg doses. Normally, I put 1ml of BAC Water in a vial.

Option one: add 1ml of BAC Water to one vial, let it reconstitute, then move that into the second vial?

Option two: reconstitute both vials separately, using 1ml of BAC Water for each, and then mix them together? I'm not sure 🤔

Thanks.
Honestly, I can't recall a single time I've mixed up a vial where the doses came out perfectly even—this was true even before I got into filtering. There's always some leftover that doesn't divide evenly.

If you manage to make it work...👏👏👏.
 
First, pick your dilution: for 60mg, use 2.5ml if you're aiming for 0.5ml injections, or cut back on the bac water if you'd rather inject a smaller volume. Load that amount into a syringe, inject it into vial #1, agitate until everything dissolves, then pull the entire contents back out and transfer them into vial #2. That's it, easy. The only downside is a little residue may stay at the bottom of vial #1, but it ought to be minor enough that it doesn't really matter. Be sure to write on the new vial the total mg, the bac water volume, the concentration, and the volume for each 12mg dose, otherwise you could confuse it with your regular 30mg vials.

I use a similar approach with 10mg mots-c vials since 2.5 doses per vial is a hassle.
 
Appreciate it @agussie — that's the cleanest approach with the fewest supplies for what OP was asking. I've got some low-MG elora vials I'm considering putting together into a pen cart, and that's precisely the method I'll follow. Combining wasn't something I'd needed before, so I hadn't really worked it out.

bluewater said:

jmk909er said:

I looked around, but no thread on this came up...

My goal is to take 2 vials of 30mg tirz and put them together in a single vial, giving me 60mg total, which would let me draw 5 equal 12mg doses. Normally, I put 1ml of BAC Water in a vial.

Option one: add 1ml of BAC Water to one vial, let it reconstitute, then move that into the second vial?

Option two: reconstitute both vials separately, using 1ml of BAC Water for each, and then mix them together? I'm not sure 🤔

Thanks.

To lower the chance of a dosing mistake, I prefer to hold the concentration steady.

Say I typically reconstitute 30 mg of tirzepatide using 1 mL, so that 40 IU corresponds to 12 mg. In that case, if I put 2 vials together for a total of 60 mg, I'd still aim for a final volume of 2 mL. That keeps the concentration unchanged, meaning 40 IU continues to correspond to 12 mg. Whether you reconstitute 1 vial with 1.5ml and the other with 0.5ml makes no difference, provided the final volume is 2ml.

This comes in handy for me particularly when I'm wrapping up one vial (eg a single vial) and then switching to a mixed vial. Since the concentration is the same, the IUs stay the same too. I never have to second guess myself.

Same here! My reconstitution always aims for either 20mg/mL or 10mg/mL, since those make the math simple in my head — and 20mg/mL is the one I like best.
 
I’ve been doing this and haven’t run into any problems. At 10 mg now, with plenty of T30 kits on hand, I don’t want to go through the hassle of reconstituting after every 3 pins, so I reconstitute and filter 2 T30s together and put them into 1 sterile vial. Like someone else said, I also do this to balance out my doses—for example, I’ll take 1 from a kit that came in a bit underfilled and combine it with 1 from another kit that was overfilled, so the two even each other out.
 
DaisyCloud said:

ladyj779 said:

Yep, this is something I do. First I add 1.5ml to one vial to reconstitute it, then I transfer that into the second vial and put in another .5 bac.

My diy klow gets the same treatment...though in that case it's 3 separate vials that all get combined into 1 in the end.

Haven't run into any problems so far.

Mixing klow on your own isn't something I've come across people doing. What's the reason behind it for you? Are you after a higher amount of one component versus another?
Up to now, the only blends I've put together myself have been KLOW... I already have all 4 of the components on hand, and rather than jumping straight into combining them, I first ran each one on its own so I could see how my body responded to every individual item... They all worked well enough for me, so I moved on to mixing what amounts to the same formula as the ready-made KLOW. I add a bit more KPV into mine for the anti-inflammatory effect and the way it settles my gut... and in any other vial I blend, TB500 gets left out...

A sizable order of the pre-mixed version is on its way, mostly because the cost came in at under half of what buying the separate components would run (plus it's made with TB-4 rather than TB500), but I'll keep experimenting by adding GHK Basic and KPV into it to cut down on the copper sting...
 
Back
Top