Progress Has Plateaued

emerald

Explorer
Joined
Jun 14, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Oregon
Hey everyone, I wanted to share where I'm at as someone still pretty new to Reta.

It's been 4 weeks on Reta and the number on the scale has barely budged. Over that stretch I think I've dropped maybe 3 pounds. It feels like I'm hungry all the time and still not losing anything.

My starting dose was 1mg, and I've been adding .5 every 2 weeks. The hunger has gotten somewhat better from that.

I picked it up before I found this forum, so honestly there's a chance it's boof. I'm hoping someone can offer advice on how to actually drop weight with Reta. I've spent a week or two reading around here and have learned a few things, but I was also hoping for some personal feedback.
 
I'll leave it to those who've used Reta longer to weigh in, but you're only 4 weeks in and still on a starting dose. You went 1mg twice, then 1.5mg twice, and now you're at 2mg? Did I get that right?
 
If you want to raise your dose in a way that's both gradual and fairly bold, one approach is to divide the new amount (say 4 mg) into 2 weekly shots (for example, 2 mg taken every 3.5 days).

In my view, beginning reta at such a small dose as 0.5 mg is frequently a disservice, because for certain people it can actually make hunger worse. Also, as mentioned earlier, 2 mg serves the purpose of getting used to reta rather than producing dramatic fat loss.

Should your reta supply still be running short, a dependable domestic choice can be found in the reviews section.
 
With Reta, the key point is that it doesn't behave the same way as other glps. Overeating remains possible while taking reta. Don't fall into the trap of thinking Reta removes all the effort from weight loss. Calories still need to be tracked and clean eating still matters; being on 12mg of Reta won't help if you aren't in a calorie deficit—weight loss won't happen.

That said, 3 pounds is still 3 pounds, so good job! It isn't a huge drop, but you're also still getting used to the medication at a low dose. If I understood you right, you're only at 1.5 mg, which puts you below the starting dose used in the clinical trials.
 
Besides using Reta, are you also doing other things? Things like tracking your macros, doing cardio, reducing how much you eat, strength training, and so on… these are all things that you could or should be doing alongside this to get the best results for weight loss. In the same way that you can eat too much, you can also eat too little and condition your body to depend on 1200 calories per day until your metabolism slows down. My suggestion would be to target a daily deficit of 300-400 relative to whatever your current baseline happens to be.
 
Once you reach 4 weeks, you're typically only at the starting reta dose of 2mg/week. A big share of users show no reaction at all to that amount, and that's entirely expected. Failing to respond at such a low dose tells you nothing beyond the possibility that you aren't a super responder or unusually sensitive to side effects. If you're after results, upping the dose is necessary.
 
Blueeyedme said:

I'll leave it to those who've used Reta longer to weigh in, but you're only 4 weeks in and still on a starting dose. You went 1mg twice, then 1.5mg twice, and now you're at 2mg? Did I get that right?
Yeah, that's exactly what I did. I came across a recommendation on reddit to lower it in order to cut down on side effects, and besides, I've only got 10mg.
 
Based on everyone's advice, it sounds like I should increase my dose. Once my new kit arrives, that's what I'll do. I also hadn't realized that not eating enough could be an issue (yesterday all I had was 2 slices of toast and 2 glasses of milk), so I'll work on that too. Thanks to all of you who replied so warmly 🙂
 
I have another question: I still have 5mg remaining and was thinking about placing an order on Wednesday. Since I usually pin on Sundays, how should I handle using what's left so I don't run out?
 
You're on a tiny dose and then you're surprised your weight loss is crawling!!! Here's what I'd do: raise your dose, and if that still doesn't move the needle, ditch that junk reta and pick up something that actually works
 
At the beginning of my Reta use, 1mg/week was my only dose, and the impact was strong almost from the start. I had no appetite, small meals were enough to fill me up, and I was dropping roughly 1kg every week. That pattern held only up to around week 4, though. Once that point passed, my hunger began returning and food noise was clearly back in a noticeable way.

So I raised it to 2mg/week, and the response showed up again nearly right away. My appetite fell once more and fat loss accelerated. Based on what I've experienced, it looks as though my body adjusts to whatever dose I'm on after roughly 4 weeks (though I realize this varies from person to person), which is the reason a higher dose appeared to be needed.

Even so, I'm not keen on continually escalating the dose. At the moment I'm on 6mg/week, and for me, going past 8mg isn't something I'd choose. What I'm thinking about now is stopping entirely for a month, then beginning again at 1mg/week, to find out whether sensitivity can come back and whether I can get that same level of appetite suppression again.
 
emerald said:

Based on everyone's advice, it sounds like I should increase my dose. Once my new kit arrives, that's what I'll do. I also hadn't realized that not eating enough could be an issue (yesterday all I had was 2 slices of toast and 2 glasses of milk), so I'll work on that too. Thanks to all of you who replied so warmly 🙂
If you keep your intake too low for too long, that can turn into a lasting issue. These days I keep things simple by injecting just once every 7 days so there’s a clear pulse. That way, the last two or three days of each cycle give me room to take in a solid amount of protein along with some healthy fats, and they don’t sit heavy in my stomach for ages.
 
Monjay said:

At the beginning of my Reta use, 1mg/week was my only dose, and the impact was strong almost from the start. I had no appetite, small meals were enough to fill me up, and I was dropping roughly 1kg every week. That pattern held only up to around week 4, though. Once that point passed, my hunger began returning and food noise was clearly back in a noticeable way.

So I raised it to 2mg/week, and the response showed up again nearly right away. My appetite fell once more and fat loss accelerated. Based on what I've experienced, it looks as though my body adjusts to whatever dose I'm on after roughly 4 weeks (though I realize this varies from person to person), which is the reason a higher dose appeared to be needed.

Even so, I'm not keen on continually escalating the dose. At the moment I'm on 6mg/week, and for me, going past 8mg isn't something I'd choose. What I'm thinking about now is stopping entirely for a month, then beginning again at 1mg/week, to find out whether sensitivity can come back and whether I can get that same level of appetite suppression again.
That's not how it works. During the break, most people put weight back on — if they're lucky, they might hold steady for part of it. And since you'd be starting again with no GLP left in your body, you're actually at a disadvantage when you resume, in a sense. The idea that you can "reset your receptors" is largely bro science.
 
Calm Logic said:

Monjay said:

At the beginning of my Reta use, 1mg/week was my only dose, and the impact was strong almost from the start. I had no appetite, small meals were enough to fill me up, and I was dropping roughly 1kg every week. That pattern held only up to around week 4, though. Once that point passed, my hunger began returning and food noise was clearly back in a noticeable way.

So I raised it to 2mg/week, and the response showed up again nearly right away. My appetite fell once more and fat loss accelerated. Based on what I've experienced, it looks as though my body adjusts to whatever dose I'm on after roughly 4 weeks (though I realize this varies from person to person), which is the reason a higher dose appeared to be needed.

Even so, I'm not keen on continually escalating the dose. At the moment I'm on 6mg/week, and for me, going past 8mg isn't something I'd choose. What I'm thinking about now is stopping entirely for a month, then beginning again at 1mg/week, to find out whether sensitivity can come back and whether I can get that same level of appetite suppression again.
That's not how it works. During the break, most people put weight back on — if they're lucky, they might hold steady for part of it. And since you'd be starting again with no GLP left in your body, you're actually at a disadvantage when you resume, in a sense. The idea that you can "reset your receptors" is largely bro science.
So in your view, would a 1-month break followed by starting again at 1–2 mg actually be useful? Or is it better to simply continue raising the dose to 8 mg/week, and then after another 4 weeks move to 12 mg/week? I'm trying to work out which route works better over the long term.
 
You should really be reading these forums a lot more.

Start at 2mg — that's exactly the dose Eli Lilly gave their trial participants at the beginning. Remain at 2mg for 3 weeks. If the pounds are coming off at 2 mg, then keep going at that dose longer. When you hit a plateau, step up to 3 mg, and once again, hold there for a minimum of 3 weeks before increasing further. If it's still working, don't change it. Repeat the same pattern…

Remember, dropping a lb per week is perfectly acceptable. Losing weight too quickly isn't something you want, since it's not good for you.

What Reta essentially does is make you feel full sooner; it isn't truly an appetite suppressant. Use that to your advantage by filling up on higher quality foods — good proteins, good carbs, fruit and so on. If you eat that way, you won't crave salty and sweet things as much. Reta also regulates your blood sugar and causes you to burn calories while you sleep.

This isn't a race, take it slow, stay safe, and the results will follow
 
Monjay said:

At the beginning of my Reta use, 1mg/week was my only dose, and the impact was strong almost from the start. I had no appetite, small meals were enough to fill me up, and I was dropping roughly 1kg every week. That pattern held only up to around week 4, though. Once that point passed, my hunger began returning and food noise was clearly back in a noticeable way.

So I raised it to 2mg/week, and the response showed up again nearly right away. My appetite fell once more and fat loss accelerated. Based on what I've experienced, it looks as though my body adjusts to whatever dose I'm on after roughly 4 weeks (though I realize this varies from person to person), which is the reason a higher dose appeared to be needed.

Even so, I'm not keen on continually escalating the dose. At the moment I'm on 6mg/week, and for me, going past 8mg isn't something I'd choose. What I'm thinking about now is stopping entirely for a month, then beginning again at 1mg/week, to find out whether sensitivity can come back and whether I can get that same level of appetite suppression again.
Some research from a while back demonstrated unambiguously that GLP-1 sensitivity cannot be reset - in fact, pausing treatment could damage your GLP-1 receptors, and when you resume you'll likely need an even higher dose😉
 
Calm Logic said:

If you want to raise your dose in a way that's both gradual and fairly bold, one approach is to divide the new amount (say 4 mg) into 2 weekly shots (for example, 2 mg taken every 3.5 days).

In my view, beginning reta at such a small dose as 0.5 mg is frequently a disservice, because for certain people it can actually make hunger worse. Also, as mentioned earlier, 2 mg serves the purpose of getting used to reta rather than producing dramatic fat loss.

Should your reta supply still be running short, a dependable domestic choice can be found in the reviews section.
All of that is accurate. That's a starter dose. Move up to 2mg and stay there for 4 weeks, then go to 4 mg and take it from there.

Check out what's below

Monjay said:

Calm Logic said:

Monjay said:

At the beginning of my Reta use, 1mg/week was my only dose, and the impact was strong almost from the start. I had no appetite, small meals were enough to fill me up, and I was dropping roughly 1kg every week. That pattern held only up to around week 4, though. Once that point passed, my hunger began returning and food noise was clearly back in a noticeable way.

So I raised it to 2mg/week, and the response showed up again nearly right away. My appetite fell once more and fat loss accelerated. Based on what I've experienced, it looks as though my body adjusts to whatever dose I'm on after roughly 4 weeks (though I realize this varies from person to person), which is the reason a higher dose appeared to be needed.

Even so, I'm not keen on continually escalating the dose. At the moment I'm on 6mg/week, and for me, going past 8mg isn't something I'd choose. What I'm thinking about now is stopping entirely for a month, then beginning again at 1mg/week, to find out whether sensitivity can come back and whether I can get that same level of appetite suppression again.
That's not how it works. During the break, most people put weight back on — if they're lucky, they might hold steady for part of it. And since you'd be starting again with no GLP left in your body, you're actually at a disadvantage when you resume, in a sense. The idea that you can "reset your receptors" is largely bro science.
So in your view, would a 1-month break followed by starting again at 1–2 mg actually be useful? Or is it better to simply continue raising the dose to 8 mg/week, and then after another 4 weeks move to 12 mg/week? I'm trying to work out which route works better over the long term.
No, it won't do anything. These doses do need to be monitored. Begin with 2mg for 4 weeks. Each dose I've run has been 4 for 4 weeks, and a few that were working well I stretched to 6 weeks. Right now I'm on 9mg. The standard schedule from E Lilly goes 2mg, 4 mg, 6mg, 9mg and then 12mg. Each one for 4 weeks.
 
dailychemicals said:

Monjay said:

At the beginning of my Reta use, 1mg/week was my only dose, and the impact was strong almost from the start. I had no appetite, small meals were enough to fill me up, and I was dropping roughly 1kg every week. That pattern held only up to around week 4, though. Once that point passed, my hunger began returning and food noise was clearly back in a noticeable way.

So I raised it to 2mg/week, and the response showed up again nearly right away. My appetite fell once more and fat loss accelerated. Based on what I've experienced, it looks as though my body adjusts to whatever dose I'm on after roughly 4 weeks (though I realize this varies from person to person), which is the reason a higher dose appeared to be needed.

Even so, I'm not keen on continually escalating the dose. At the moment I'm on 6mg/week, and for me, going past 8mg isn't something I'd choose. What I'm thinking about now is stopping entirely for a month, then beginning again at 1mg/week, to find out whether sensitivity can come back and whether I can get that same level of appetite suppression again.
Some research from a while back demonstrated unambiguously that GLP-1 sensitivity cannot be reset - in fact, pausing treatment could damage your GLP-1 receptors, and when you resume you'll likely need an even higher dose😉
So if you get up to 12mg and it still doesn't work, does that mean there's nothing else you can do?
 
emerald said:

dailychemicals said:

Monjay said:

At the beginning of my Reta use, 1mg/week was my only dose, and the impact was strong almost from the start. I had no appetite, small meals were enough to fill me up, and I was dropping roughly 1kg every week. That pattern held only up to around week 4, though. Once that point passed, my hunger began returning and food noise was clearly back in a noticeable way.

So I raised it to 2mg/week, and the response showed up again nearly right away. My appetite fell once more and fat loss accelerated. Based on what I've experienced, it looks as though my body adjusts to whatever dose I'm on after roughly 4 weeks (though I realize this varies from person to person), which is the reason a higher dose appeared to be needed.

Even so, I'm not keen on continually escalating the dose. At the moment I'm on 6mg/week, and for me, going past 8mg isn't something I'd choose. What I'm thinking about now is stopping entirely for a month, then beginning again at 1mg/week, to find out whether sensitivity can come back and whether I can get that same level of appetite suppression again.
Some research from a while back demonstrated unambiguously that GLP-1 sensitivity cannot be reset - in fact, pausing treatment could damage your GLP-1 receptors, and when you resume you'll likely need an even higher dose😉
So if you get up to 12mg and it still doesn't work, does that mean there's nothing else you can do?
Pretty much, yeah. That said, the odds aren't stacked against you: just 5-10% of people on GLP drugs end up shedding little to no weight, so it's an unlikely scenario. Quitting and then restarting GLP's is almost certainly a poor move. The notion of tolerance or receptor resetting is internet folklore with no scientific support when it comes to these drugs. The sole form of tolerance that does occur relates to gastric emptying and GI side effects during the initial few months of treatment.

Should you be among those who respond poorly to reta, options like cagri or eloralintide operate through amylin receptors that are entirely distinct, so there's no clear rationale to expect that poor GLP responders would also fare badly on amylin agonists—although research on this hasn't been conducted yet.
 
Back
Top