JonSpartan said:
I guess that's just part of figuring things out. No hard feelings. I've taken the lesson on board, and so on.tcpnomad said:
I'm not talking about you. I mean that other person who was asking for likes.JonSpartan said:
What reason would there be for it to be removed?
Does an actual physician count as a [[Q1]]?
This advice is useful* to the community.
EDIT: Wait, that was you! Your post asking for likes has been removed. Somebody snitched on you.
What's frustrating me, though, is that I can't get to my "welcome" post anymore. I gave it a shot in a private browser too. It comes up as blocked. No clue why that was removed. It's linked in my signature.
By opening the "Latest Activity" tab and then selecting the option to view older posts, I managed to locate it. Still, you're correct that the direct link appears to be broken for some reason?
BNLFL said:
Begging for likes with a please, seriously. You'll probably end up on my ignore list, and others' too.sJonSpartan said:
This is a fantastic concept, and since I'm new here, I kindly ask for Likes.kugelblitz said:
Huh... that's honestly not a bad suggestion. When I explain my reasoning for wanting non-addictive medications, my doctor has generally been pretty relaxed about it. I could likely frame it as harm reduction...
Pretty please?![]()
Wow, you really think highly of yourself, don't you? Just be yourself — too late for that — instead you're out here like someone panhandling at a stoplight or a vagrant asking for beer money. That's me putting it politely. Good luck groveling for likes. I won't be seeing your posts anymore, since you landed on the idiot list alongside plenty of other newbs.JonSpartan said:
Now that I've got your attention, I'd like to hear some opinions.
Being an active part of this community is something I'm aiming for, and that means putting up posts and so on.
I train like an athlete — that's not an overstatement. A thread had crossed my mind, one covering tricks, tips for dropping weight, and mental frameworks for both training and fat loss, since plenty of folks around here are working on losing weight, and honestly, good for you. I'm fully behind that.
Also, even though I'm on board with things like Reta and similar, my strong belief is that training is non-negotiable. Would a post on all that land well with anyone? I've got a huge pile of hacks.
One thing I'll put out there: the internet lab rats who treat protein as the be-all and end-all — I despise them. Genuinely despise them. What I do is meant for ordinary folks, people who are out in social settings, who aren't logging macros and such.
My results speak for themselves. Anyway. If something like that is wanted by the community, let me know. I truly love training. When it comes to training, eating clean but tasty food, and so on, I'm everyone's biggest cheerleader. There are times I wish I could walk away from my job and spend the whole day training, helping people.
But I have a good job in a shit market so that would be dumb.
Oh right, I don't even train and dropped 57lbs on Reta entirely on my own. Guess it must've been luck.
His post made me laugh, so I gave him a half-dozen likes!
Look at that—another laugh. Another like!JonSpartan said:
BNLFL said:
Truth is, I've got a ton of friends — popular? Not really. I was under the impression you were already on my Ignore list, so I appreciate the reminder.JonSpartan said:
Seems like you're telling me you're extremely well-liked and have lots of real-life friends.BNLFL said:
Begging for likes with a please, seriously. You'll probably end up on my ignore list, and others' too.sJonSpartan said:
This is a fantastic concept, and since I'm new here, I kindly ask for Likes.kugelblitz said:
Huh... that's honestly not a bad suggestion. When I explain my reasoning for wanting non-addictive medications, my doctor has generally been pretty relaxed about it. I could likely frame it as harm reduction...
Pretty please?![]()
Wow, you really think highly of yourself, don't you? Just be yourself — too late for that — instead you're out here like someone panhandling at a stoplight or a vagrant asking for beer money. That's me putting it politely. Good luck groveling for likes. I won't be seeing your posts anymore, since you landed on the idiot list alongside plenty of other newbs.JonSpartan said:
Now that I've got your attention, I'd like to hear some opinions.
Being an active part of this community is something I'm aiming for, and that means putting up posts and so on.
I train like an athlete — that's not an overstatement. A thread had crossed my mind, one covering tricks, tips for dropping weight, and mental frameworks for both training and fat loss, since plenty of folks around here are working on losing weight, and honestly, good for you. I'm fully behind that.
Also, even though I'm on board with things like Reta and similar, my strong belief is that training is non-negotiable. Would a post on all that land well with anyone? I've got a huge pile of hacks.
One thing I'll put out there: the internet lab rats who treat protein as the be-all and end-all — I despise them. Genuinely despise them. What I do is meant for ordinary folks, people who are out in social settings, who aren't logging macros and such.
My results speak for themselves. Anyway. If something like that is wanted by the community, let me know. I truly love training. When it comes to training, eating clean but tasty food, and so on, I'm everyone's biggest cheerleader. There are times I wish I could walk away from my job and spend the whole day training, helping people.
But I have a good job in a shit market so that would be dumb.
Oh right, I don't even train and dropped 57lbs on Reta entirely on my own. Guess it must've been luck.
Going forward, I'll definitely weigh your opinion on everything I post and comment.
Bless your heart.
You're welcome!
Happy that it worked out!