privacy/anonymity

🔒 The "AL" List: Privacy & Security 🔒​

Zip, I appreciate you giving me the chance to write about something that matters a lot to me.

What follows is my "AL" list of steps to take if your goal is more privacy and better security. Maybe you're doing it for self-protection, maybe you just don't want big tech and the government tracking your every move. Either way, the outcome doesn't change: you're looking out for yourself. A few of these already appear in this thread:

1) 📬 Get a UPS mailbox.

I covered this in a post a few weeks back. It's just a modest extra layer of privacy. Can't hurt.

2) 💬 Use apps that honor privacy.

Each one is different and each has downsides, for example needing a phone number or other details before you can sign up.

  • Signal is awesome, but yes, you do need a phone number. More on that below.
  • Telegram? OK... still a phone number, but it's foreign-based, so gov't obtaining information is much more difficult than, say, WhatsApp.
  • Discord? Might be OK for you if you use a totally random email to sign up that is not connected to any of your other activities. But Discord servers are all USA-based, so good luck.

3) 📧 Order via email from vendors who only use Proton or Tuta mail.

Oh... and YOU should also use Proton or Tuta if you're ordering. I do not understand why vendors here use Gmail. It may be an inability to access Proton or Tuta from China.

4) 📱 GET A PIXEL PHONE AND INSTALL GRAPHENE OS.

This is probably the best thing you can do to protect yourself. After installing GrapheneOS, go to a public Wi-Fi and download Mullvad VPN, pay with on-chain crypto, set up DAITA, multihop, quantum resistance, and enable DNS blockers. Use this phone only for ordering.

5) 💻 Tails OS

Someone mentioned it above, and KUDOS for that! Tails OS is an awesome way to protect yourself. Use it when you're on this site if you use a PC browser. It leaves no trace and routes all the PC's network activity 100% through the TOR network. However, add another bit to this — make sure to request a bridge from TOR. Otherwise, your ISP knows you're connecting to TOR a lot. With a bridge, the first connection to the TOR network is way less recognizable and mixes your encrypted internet traffic with all the other traffic. It is just good practice.

6) ☎️ Get a Silent Link phone number to set up all your apps.

Silent Link is zero KYC and you can pay via crypto.

7) 🪙 Finally, use on-chain crypto only.

This is also a big one. Obviously purchasing crypto, sending to an on-chain wallet, then sending to a vendor can be tracked. But isn't it better to use that route rather than just send a wire transfer or some other fiat method that clearly identifies it's you?

OK, so some of this does require an investment, and I completely understand not everyone can afford to do this. However, you might be able to do a few of these to help protect yourself.

Thanks if you've read this! 🙏
 
kugelblitz said:

Reading through this thread, the replies are really disheartening.

Edward Snowden said:


Some might say "I don't care if they violate my privacy; I've got nothing to hide." Help them understand that they are misunderstanding the fundamental nature of human rights. Nobody needs to justify why they "need" a right: the burden of justification falls on the one seeking to infringe upon the right. But even if they did, you can't give away the rights of others because they're not useful to you. More simply, the majority cannot vote away the natural rights of the minority.

But even if they could, help them think for a moment about what they're saying. Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say.

A free press benefits more than just those who read the paper.

Click to expand...

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comme...ll_mass_surveillance_under/crglgh2/?context=3

bamagirl26 said:

Learning about peptides here has been really valuable, and I'm grateful for everything I've come across. People put a lot of effort into using different names and keeping their email separate and all that, so how do you handle supplies?

Take something like filters, sterile vials, the right needles for mixing with Bac Water, or even Bac Water itself. If I put in an order for a Bunch of that on Amazon, it strikes me as a pretty obvious red flag.

What's your approach to stocking up without basically "outing" yourselves? I'd just rather not leave a "paper trail" if that makes sense.

Thanks!
Don't buy into the hopelessness that's all over this thread. There's plenty you can do to protect your privacy.

To start with, keep in mind that receiving drugs through the mail can never be illegal, since otherwise anybody could mail you legal drugs and then report you to the police.

Getting a package doesn't prove you ordered it, because it's not against the law to receive mail. If something ever happens, deny knowledge until you're held, and if you're held, use your right to stay silent and request a lawyer. DO NOT TALK TO COPS.

Before any interaction with police, reboot your phone so it's in the Before-First-Unlock state.

Set up a separate email and phone number just for peptides. Getting a phone number can be tricky, but there are methods to obtain numbers not linked to you. Sadly, this varies a lot by location, and I don't know the US situation well. Keeping your email and phone separate from the package will support your claim that you didn't order it. Keep in mind, your name and address from numerous data breaches are always being sold online, and anyone could have picked them up from there.

Route your crypto through Monero. Monero can't be traced by law enforcement, so there's no trail from the vendor's crypto to you (this is the mistake almost everyone in the grey peptide world makes, vendors included, but they won't change until a big bust happens, which is on its way, don't worry). Once you have Monero, you can use no-KYC online services that accept monero. See: https://kycnot.me

Make your purchases using Tails, an encrypted, amnesiac operating system. All traffic goes through an anonymity network, and you're not exposing your personal IP address everywhere, which is the kind of information even low-level cops can get these days. This also means no evidence is left on your main device, and it shields you if you get malware.

Ordinary supplies like vials and syringes shouldn't be a concern, they're used by insulin users, so they're pretty common. Still, I'd suggest ordering them with a separate Amazon account (or even better, avoid Amazon). You also need to boost your overall security. Use password managers, encrypt every device that supports it, and update your phone promptly.

Perfect privacy and security isn't achievable, but you just need to rise above the terrible operational security of the typical pep buyer and make yourself less of an easy target, and that is very easy to do. Good luck.

Here's an extremely detailed guide on online anonymity: https://anonymousplanet.net/guide

You don't need to follow all of it, but I do recommend looking at the parts that apply to you.
Honestly, they come across as fed honeypots to me. When they're after you, they've got two routes: the simple one or the rough one.

bfdbf8669689d39971440c3a74b27b9fadd02ce16234b10ffe8e32690ab11111.webp
 
Guuurl

That sounds like way too much effort for me. Everything I do gets my actual name and my main email. Couldn't care less. Prison isn't something that scares me — honestly it'd be a break. Calgon, take me awaaayyyyyy 🌪️
 
kugelblitz said:

Reading through this thread, the replies are really disheartening.

Edward Snowden said:


Some might say "I don't care if they violate my privacy; I've got nothing to hide." Help them understand that they are misunderstanding the fundamental nature of human rights. Nobody needs to justify why they "need" a right: the burden of justification falls on the one seeking to infringe upon the right. But even if they did, you can't give away the rights of others because they're not useful to you. More simply, the majority cannot vote away the natural rights of the minority.

But even if they could, help them think for a moment about what they're saying. Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say.

A free press benefits more than just those who read the paper.

Click to expand...

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comme...ll_mass_surveillance_under/crglgh2/?context=3

bamagirl26 said:

Learning about peptides here has been really valuable, and I'm grateful for everything I've come across. People put a lot of effort into using different names and keeping their email separate and all that, so how do you handle supplies?

Take something like filters, sterile vials, the right needles for mixing with Bac Water, or even Bac Water itself. If I put in an order for a Bunch of that on Amazon, it strikes me as a pretty obvious red flag.

What's your approach to stocking up without basically "outing" yourselves? I'd just rather not leave a "paper trail" if that makes sense.

Thanks!
Don't buy into the hopelessness that's all over this thread. There's plenty you can do to protect your privacy.

To start with, keep in mind that receiving drugs through the mail can never be illegal, since otherwise anybody could mail you legal drugs and then report you to the police.

Getting a package doesn't prove you ordered it, because it's not against the law to receive mail. If something ever happens, deny knowledge until you're held, and if you're held, use your right to stay silent and request a lawyer. DO NOT TALK TO COPS.

Before any interaction with police, reboot your phone so it's in the Before-First-Unlock state.

Set up a separate email and phone number just for peptides. Getting a phone number can be tricky, but there are methods to obtain numbers not linked to you. Sadly, this varies a lot by location, and I don't know the US situation well. Keeping your email and phone separate from the package will support your claim that you didn't order it. Keep in mind, your name and address from numerous data breaches are always being sold online, and anyone could have picked them up from there.

Route your crypto through Monero. Monero can't be traced by law enforcement, so there's no trail from the vendor's crypto to you (this is the mistake almost everyone in the grey peptide world makes, vendors included, but they won't change until a big bust happens, which is on its way, don't worry). Once you have Monero, you can use no-KYC online services that accept monero. See: https://kycnot.me

Make your purchases using Tails, an encrypted, amnesiac operating system. All traffic goes through an anonymity network, and you're not exposing your personal IP address everywhere, which is the kind of information even low-level cops can get these days. This also means no evidence is left on your main device, and it shields you if you get malware.

Ordinary supplies like vials and syringes shouldn't be a concern, they're used by insulin users, so they're pretty common. Still, I'd suggest ordering them with a separate Amazon account (or even better, avoid Amazon). You also need to boost your overall security. Use password managers, encrypt every device that supports it, and update your phone promptly.

Perfect privacy and security isn't achievable, but you just need to rise above the terrible operational security of the typical pep buyer and make yourself less of an easy target, and that is very easy to do. Good luck.

Here's an extremely detailed guide on online anonymity: https://anonymousplanet.net/guide

You don't need to follow all of it, but I do recommend looking at the parts that apply to you.
Reading through all of that isn't something I'm willing to invest time in, and actually doing it is even less appealing. You've gotten way too paranoid from all the peps. Hold on—paranoia isn't a pep side effect...
c78fb56e27b19ff3c73c32dd235994cd203873e5b3202734c4b749e37966a97d.gif
 
BNLFL said:

I simply place my order and don't give it a second thought. It's not as though I'm out there selling the stuff — because I'm not.
On top of that, you've got age on your side..........same as me. What's the worst they could pull off, strip away a birthday?...oh noes!!... 😎
 
cldfront said:

I keep a disposable email address, and with it I run a second Amazon account for purchases I'd rather not link to the Amazon account my family shares. Since that account isn't Prime, I cover the shipping cost, though when it's only a handful of items, I'm not sure it's worth it. That's about as far as my 'privacy' tricks go.
There are around 10 email accounts in my possession...Every so often, several years pass, and then a message lands in one of those other inboxes warning that unless I log in shortly, the account is going to be wiped....wattt?
 
Estarossa19 said:


Meh, those seem like fed honeypots. If they wants ya' they can get ya' the easy way or the hard way.

View attachment 31592

Click to expand...
For the really big names, that holds up. Folks trafficking on behalf of cartels, or child abusers. Sure, hiding from a nation-state that's dead set on finding you is basically not doable. Still, we're not famous, and just by not being an easy target, that's already sufficient. No one's going to spin up a taskforce for some ordinary pep purchaser, but if a cheap dragnet can catch you, it will. Prosecution isn't even required for it to sting. All they have to do is pass what they found to your bank's compliance team, your account gets shut down, and suddenly you're stuck in a mess. Nope, not interested.

5byfive said:

kugelblitz said:

Reading through this thread, the replies are really disheartening.

Edward Snowden said:


Some might say "I don't care if they violate my privacy; I've got nothing to hide." Help them understand that they are misunderstanding the fundamental nature of human rights. Nobody needs to justify why they "need" a right: the burden of justification falls on the one seeking to infringe upon the right. But even if they did, you can't give away the rights of others because they're not useful to you. More simply, the majority cannot vote away the natural rights of the minority.

But even if they could, help them think for a moment about what they're saying. Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say.

A free press benefits more than just those who read the paper.

Click to expand...

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comme...ll_mass_surveillance_under/crglgh2/?context=3

bamagirl26 said:

Learning about peptides here has been really valuable, and I'm grateful for everything I've come across. People put a lot of effort into using different names and keeping their email separate and all that, so how do you handle supplies?

Take something like filters, sterile vials, the right needles for mixing with Bac Water, or even Bac Water itself. If I put in an order for a Bunch of that on Amazon, it strikes me as a pretty obvious red flag.

What's your approach to stocking up without basically "outing" yourselves? I'd just rather not leave a "paper trail" if that makes sense.

Thanks!
Don't buy into the hopelessness that's all over this thread. There's plenty you can do to protect your privacy.

To start with, keep in mind that receiving drugs through the mail can never be illegal, since otherwise anybody could mail you legal drugs and then report you to the police.

Getting a package doesn't prove you ordered it, because it's not against the law to receive mail. If something ever happens, deny knowledge until you're held, and if you're held, use your right to stay silent and request a lawyer. DO NOT TALK TO COPS.

Before any interaction with police, reboot your phone so it's in the Before-First-Unlock state.

Set up a separate email and phone number just for peptides. Getting a phone number can be tricky, but there are methods to obtain numbers not linked to you. Sadly, this varies a lot by location, and I don't know the US situation well. Keeping your email and phone separate from the package will support your claim that you didn't order it. Keep in mind, your name and address from numerous data breaches are always being sold online, and anyone could have picked them up from there.

Route your crypto through Monero. Monero can't be traced by law enforcement, so there's no trail from the vendor's crypto to you (this is the mistake almost everyone in the grey peptide world makes, vendors included, but they won't change until a big bust happens, which is on its way, don't worry). Once you have Monero, you can use no-KYC online services that accept monero. See: https://kycnot.me

Make your purchases using Tails, an encrypted, amnesiac operating system. All traffic goes through an anonymity network, and you're not exposing your personal IP address everywhere, which is the kind of information even low-level cops can get these days. This also means no evidence is left on your main device, and it shields you if you get malware.

Ordinary supplies like vials and syringes shouldn't be a concern, they're used by insulin users, so they're pretty common. Still, I'd suggest ordering them with a separate Amazon account (or even better, avoid Amazon). You also need to boost your overall security. Use password managers, encrypt every device that supports it, and update your phone promptly.

Perfect privacy and security isn't achievable, but you just need to rise above the terrible operational security of the typical pep buyer and make yourself less of an easy target, and that is very easy to do. Good luck.

Here's an extremely detailed guide on online anonymity: https://anonymousplanet.net/guide

You don't need to follow all of it, but I do recommend looking at the parts that apply to you.
Reading through all of that isn't something I'm willing to invest time in, and actually doing it is even less appealing. You've gotten way too paranoid from all the peps. Hold on—paranoia isn't a pep side effect...View attachment 10522
Your type makes no sense to me. Why jump into a thread about something you couldn't care less about, only to drop spam that brags about how clueless you are? This wasn't written for you; it was for the OP, who asked directly about this subject.

I'm all for people like you who couldn't care less. Once the government eventually decides it matters, easy targets like you will be the ones filling their arrest quotas, and they'll skip over anyone who makes their job tougher. So, by all means, keep going.
 
kugelblitz said:


When the government finally decides to care, easy marks like you will fill their bust quotas and they won't bother with people who make it harder for them. So, please carry on.

Click to expand...
For what it's worth, once a government — and it doesn't matter which one — makes the decision "to care", nothing you do or don't do will carry any weight with them.
 
kugelblitz said:


I don't understand people like you. Why come into a thread on a topic you don't care about, and then reply with spam being proud of your ignorance? I didn't write this for you, I wrote it for the OP, who specifically asked about the topic.

I fully support people like you who don't give a shit. When the government finally decides to care, easy marks like you will fill their bust quotas and they won't bother with people who make it harder for them. So, please carry on.

Click to expand...
1) It's not that I'm indifferent or oblivious to the concerns. My perspective on what the government is capable of and willing to do is simply less fearful. We aren't Europe at this point, and I doubt we'll get there in the near future.

2) What really counts, what truly matters above all else, is that the post was hilarious.
 
ladyj779 said:


Fwiw when the government -any government -decides "to care", your actions- or inactions- will not matter to them.

Click to expand...
That claim doesn't hold up. When it comes to drug enforcement, the priorities have consistently been the highest profile and highest impact cases, plus the ones requiring the least effort and drawing the most visibility. No government possesses unlimited resources for enforcing its laws. Stay clear of both of those categories, and you can drive the cost of enforcement high enough that the authorities simply stop caring. Your own nation has been waging a so-called "War on drugs" for 55+ years, and the drugs are winning. Fentanyl is devastating your compatriots at industrial scale, and apart from plenty of hot air, nothing is being done. Where are your government's infinite drug enforcement resources?

Worshipping any government, or attributing supernatural capabilities to it, makes no sense. Real costs and real limits exist even for the best-funded three-letter agency, and making yourself "not worth it" takes surprisingly little effort. The defeatism on display in this thread is exactly what they want you to believe, so that you hand them an easy job.

The reality is that people get away with shit all the fucking time, even when well-funded three-letter agencies are after them. I'm not advocating for moving into the woods, not having a phone, and communicating only in ciphers. All I'm advocating for is not being a low-hanging fruit.

5byfive said:


2) The important thing, the really important thing, the thing that matters more than anything is, that post was funny.

Click to expand...
I suppose there's no accounting for taste.
 
Interesting stuff, every bit of it. Still, having worked in IT, I'd put it at 1000% certainty: what Americans have when it comes to privacy is an illusion, nothing more. The infrastructure for tracking every detail about you was put in place decades back, and the last missing piece came when our data was handed over to big tech outfits such as Palantir. Forget about it - privacy isn't something you possess, and it isn't something you can conjure up overnight. Behave accordingly whenever you're able, but fighting it won't get you anywhere.
 
kugelblitz said:


That's simply not true.

Click to expand...

Alright, that one line alone tells me our perspectives on the world are fundamentally different.

Your outlook leans toward optimism when it comes to how a person relates to the government.

Maybe that's just because I'm American 🤷
 
Amino Lair said:

🔒 The "AL" List: Privacy & Security 🔒​

Zip, I appreciate you giving me the chance to write about something that matters a lot to me.

What follows is my "AL" list of steps to take if your goal is more privacy and better security. Maybe you're doing it for self-protection, maybe you just don't want big tech and the government tracking your every move. Either way, the outcome doesn't change: you're looking out for yourself. A few of these already appear in this thread:

1) 📬 Get a UPS mailbox.

I covered this in a post a few weeks back. It's just a modest extra layer of privacy. Can't hurt.

2) 💬 Use apps that honor privacy.

Each one is different and each has downsides, for example needing a phone number or other details before you can sign up.

  • Signal is awesome, but yes, you do need a phone number. More on that below.
  • Telegram? OK... still a phone number, but it's foreign-based, so gov't obtaining information is much more difficult than, say, WhatsApp.
  • Discord? Might be OK for you if you use a totally random email to sign up that is not connected to any of your other activities. But Discord servers are all USA-based, so good luck.

3) 📧 Order via email from vendors who only use Proton or Tuta mail.

Oh... and YOU should also use Proton or Tuta if you're ordering. I do not understand why vendors here use Gmail. It may be an inability to access Proton or Tuta from China.

4) 📱 GET A PIXEL PHONE AND INSTALL GRAPHENE OS.

This is probably the best thing you can do to protect yourself. After installing GrapheneOS, go to a public Wi-Fi and download Mullvad VPN, pay with on-chain crypto, set up DAITA, multihop, quantum resistance, and enable DNS blockers. Use this phone only for ordering.

5) 💻 Tails OS

Someone mentioned it above, and KUDOS for that! Tails OS is an awesome way to protect yourself. Use it when you're on this site if you use a PC browser. It leaves no trace and routes all the PC's network activity 100% through the TOR network. However, add another bit to this — make sure to request a bridge from TOR. Otherwise, your ISP knows you're connecting to TOR a lot. With a bridge, the first connection to the TOR network is way less recognizable and mixes your encrypted internet traffic with all the other traffic. It is just good practice.

6) ☎️ Get a Silent Link phone number to set up all your apps.

Silent Link is zero KYC and you can pay via crypto.

7) 🪙 Finally, use on-chain crypto only.

This is also a big one. Obviously purchasing crypto, sending to an on-chain wallet, then sending to a vendor can be tracked. But isn't it better to use that route rather than just send a wire transfer or some other fiat method that clearly identifies it's you?

OK, so some of this does require an investment, and I completely understand not everyone can afford to do this. However, you might be able to do a few of these to help protect yourself.

Thanks if you've read this! 🙏
A jump drive plus a computer for Tails, a VPN at 50bucks per year, and a free proton email… that's a solid foundation for staying anonymous!

^^^^^^This person clearly understands their “opsec”! It's worth everyone reading and picking up from. Appreciate you posting it. I wish this had been around back when I was just getting going.
 
In the U.S., 40.1 million individuals have diabetes. Add roughly 700-800,000 pets with the same condition. Then there are millions more receiving hormone, thyroid, and chemo treatments. Every one of those groups needs syringes. So what would make them a red flag?
 
There are people in this community, I suspect, bringing in far larger amounts of peptides than any single person would need. Maybe they're involved in a group buy, or they're selling to people they know. Should the authorities ever choose to take action, those individuals would be at the top of the list.
 
Whatever the algorithms might assume is irrelevant to me. Back when I worked as a pharmacist, my colleagues and I would laugh about what a Google employee would make of the searches on our phones. People asked us incredibly varied questions covering just about every topic imaginable, so we often turned to our phones to look things up. Whoever at Google reviewed that history would probably holler, "Hey Bill, get a load of this guy's searches! How is he even still breathing? According to this he's diabetic, HIV positive, has high blood pressure, almost certainly has ass cancer and hemorrhoids, suffers a world-class case of flatulence AND halitosis, and strangely enough, likes to enjoy a nice pinot noir in the evening!"
 
Seasonal1 said:

There are people in this community, I suspect, bringing in far larger amounts of peptides than any single person would need. Maybe they're involved in a group buy, or they're selling to people they know. Should the authorities ever choose to take action, those individuals would be at the top of the list.
Before much longer, someone heading a GB is going to end up facing a drug distribution charge.
 
Flash-BCR said:

BNLFL said:

I simply place my order and don't give it a second thought. It's not as though I'm out there selling the stuff — because I'm not.
On top of that, you've got age on your side..........same as me. What's the worst they could pull off, strip away a birthday?...oh noes!!... 😎
That would be nice. Honestly, I feel fine for my age, and I have no clue how I ended up here this quickly..

Seasonal1 said:

There are people in this community, I suspect, bringing in far larger amounts of peptides than any single person would need. Maybe they're involved in a group buy, or they're selling to people they know. Should the authorities ever choose to take action, those individuals would be at the top of the list.
My stock market concerns outweigh that one, and everything I purchase is meant for my wife and me.
 
bamagirl26 said:

Learning about peptides here has been really valuable, and I'm grateful for everything I've come across. People put a lot of effort into using different names and keeping their email separate and all that, so how do you handle supplies?

Take something like filters, sterile vials, the right needles for mixing with Bac Water, or even Bac Water itself. If I put in an order for a Bunch of that on Amazon, it strikes me as a pretty obvious red flag.

What's your approach to stocking up without basically "outing" yourselves? I'd just rather not leave a "paper trail" if that makes sense.

Thanks!

Before I ever tried peptides, I was already on HRT, and it didn’t take long to figure out how easy it is to get injection supplies. Amazon is where I place my orders. No problems at all.
 
Back
Top