Gr33dyOctopus
Explorer
So the labels are getting worked on, and that belongs down in supplies, but honestly I'm a bit worried about annoying Zippity with this one — no clue where the hell it should go. So it lands here.
As I mentioned, labels are in progress. But the vial tops...
With the compounded tirz I had, the vials were mostly really nice quality. Pulling the plastic top off barely changed its shape at all.
These Chinese vials, though, mess up the crimp top — it gets bubbly, sometimes sharp edges, and the whole vial ends up looking ruined. That's the point I'm trying to make, I think. Heading to the pool so I don't have examples handy.
Usually I press the vial top gently against something flat to reshape it, but it still tends to look pretty beat up. I'd prefer it to look much nicer — pristine is the word, though I know that won't happen. Does anybody have a method, or a tool — homemade or bought — that they use for this?
I realize it's nitpicky little shit, but I'm trying to get the vials looking as professional as I can, and that's this week's goal.
Also, I picked up a bunch of sterile vials from a lab supplier, the kind with a cap designed to flip up and stay attached. I wrecked a few of those, but then figured out that flipping the cap back and using those little snips actually leaves it looking not too bad.
Anyway, any ideas?
As I mentioned, labels are in progress. But the vial tops...
With the compounded tirz I had, the vials were mostly really nice quality. Pulling the plastic top off barely changed its shape at all.
These Chinese vials, though, mess up the crimp top — it gets bubbly, sometimes sharp edges, and the whole vial ends up looking ruined. That's the point I'm trying to make, I think. Heading to the pool so I don't have examples handy.
Usually I press the vial top gently against something flat to reshape it, but it still tends to look pretty beat up. I'd prefer it to look much nicer — pristine is the word, though I know that won't happen. Does anybody have a method, or a tool — homemade or bought — that they use for this?
I realize it's nitpicky little shit, but I'm trying to get the vials looking as professional as I can, and that's this week's goal.
Also, I picked up a bunch of sterile vials from a lab supplier, the kind with a cap designed to flip up and stay attached. I wrecked a few of those, but then figured out that flipping the cap back and using those little snips actually leaves it looking not too bad.
Anyway, any ideas?