I'm putting together lab-rat (preclinical) findings on Semax and Selank, and would welcome thoughts from experienced testers or researchers.
What I want to compare:
Where my log stands: my rat is on day 3 of SubQ Selank, beginning at ~10 units drawn from a 3 mL / 10 mg (~330mcg) vial, and I intend to titrate up to roughly 500 mcg before the 10 mg runs out (depending on how it goes I may continue climbing if I stick with SubQ). After that I'll move to intranasal and compare the routes. I'll post updates as I go. Not sure my rat will test Semax, though.
Thanks ahead of time to anyone who shares protocols, pitfalls, or negative results as well.
My current Theory
Here's some interesting rat data, however the studies are intraperitoneal (IP) Semax/Selank (NOT subQ) and intranasal.
Semax
Russian studies:
What I want to compare:
- Route: intranasal against SubQ
- Whether to stack: Semax on its own, Selank on its own, or given together
- Readouts: behavior, cognition, anxiety-like responses, plus any obvious differences in CNS signaling
- Handling details: dose range, how often, timing, washout, and if the route altered how consistent effects were
- Tolerability and signals: irritation where administered, stress response, habituation/tachyphylaxis, and similar
- Strain/sex/age (helpful but optional if your rat is shy)
- Dosing protocol (mcg, schedule, duration)
- Route and formulation
- For combos: simultaneous or staggered
Where my log stands: my rat is on day 3 of SubQ Selank, beginning at ~10 units drawn from a 3 mL / 10 mg (~330mcg) vial, and I intend to titrate up to roughly 500 mcg before the 10 mg runs out (depending on how it goes I may continue climbing if I stick with SubQ). After that I'll move to intranasal and compare the routes. I'll post updates as I go. Not sure my rat will test Semax, though.
Thanks ahead of time to anyone who shares protocols, pitfalls, or negative results as well.
My current Theory
Route-to-Phenotype Hypothesis (Selank)
Intranasal and SubQ may not be interchangeable; they may produce different anxiolytic phenotypes.
SubQ Research Positioning
- Panic / acute surges: likely favor intranasal due to faster CNS-onset effects (strongest in the ~30-180 min window).
- Baseline generalized anxiety / chronic nervousness / work-stress reactivity: may favor SubQ because steadier exposure could reduce symptom fluctuation over days to weeks.
- Performance anxiety: depends on timing goals: intranasal for immediate pre-stressor effect, SubQ for all-day baseline smoothing.
SubQ should be studied as a distinct therapeutic profile, not a replacement route:
- slower onset,
- potentially steadier background anxiolysis,
- possibly better for baseline stress tone than rapid interruption of acute spikes.
Click to expand...
Here's some interesting rat data, however the studies are intraperitoneal (IP) Semax/Selank (NOT subQ) and intranasal.
Semax
Semax (rats): IP vs Intranasal
Selank (rats): IP vs Intranasal
- Intranasal: Best evidence for direct CNS-linked effects (neurotrophic/signaling and behavioral readouts).
- IP: Strong systemic neuroprotection/anti-inflammatory effects in injury models; still reaches brain effects, but via systemic exposure.
- Practical difference: Intranasal is usually chosen for brain-targeted peptide delivery logic; IP is easier for controlled systemic dosing in lab protocols.
Bottom line
- Intranasal: Clear anxiolytic/stress-modulating behavioral evidence.
- IP: Also shows anti-stress/withdrawal-related effects, but route is systemic and not directly equivalent to nose-to-brain assumptions.
- Practical difference: Intranasal is more aligned with CNS-focused peptide use; IP is common for reproducible systemic administration.
- For both Semax and Selank, rat literature supports activity by both routes.
- The main gap is few true head-to-head IP vs intranasal comparisons in the same study, so cross-paper comparisons are directional, not definitive.
Click to expand...
Russian studies:
References:As of February 17, 2026, the human dosing reported in Russian clinical use/trials is roughly:
- Semax 0.1% intranasal (non-stroke indications):
- Common ranges in label/clinical practice: about 400–900 mcg/day (fatigue/adaptation) and higher in cerebrovascular settings.
- Label also lists cerebrovascular cognitive regimens up to 800–8000 mcg/day for 10–14 days.
- Source: https://www.vidal.ru/drugs/semax__28676
- Semax 1% intranasal (acute ischemic stroke protocols):
- Moderate stroke: about 6000–12,000 mcg/day
- Severe stroke: about 12,000–20,000 mcg/day
- Typical course: 10 days
- Source: https://www.vidal.ru/drugs/semax__37577
- Selank intranasal (human anxiety study data):
- Reported dose: 2700 mcg/day intranasal (GAD study abstract; response tracked over ~14 days, some reports up to 21 days).
- Source: https://www.cambridge.org/core/jour...lytic-selank/7A497218D37084BD079EFE143126F56E
- Selank label-style intranasal regimen often cited:
- 2 drops per nostril, 3x/day, 14 days (with repeat after break)
- Source (instruction mirror): https://extrapharma.net/instructions/selank-nasal-drops-instructions/
Click to expand...
Semax
- Intranasal
- Intraperitoneal (IP) / systemic injection models
Selank
- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34201112/
- https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC8226508/
- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32580520/
- https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33263853/
- Intranasal
- Intraperitoneal (IP) / systemic injection models
Click to expand...