Post-Surgery Neck Tightness: Which Peptides Could Help?

john_askins

Explorer
Joined
Dec 16, 2025
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Hey everyone - several years ago I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and underwent surgery to remove it. My thyroid was taken out along with more than 70 lymph nodes that were infected. The cut ran from the middle of my neck nearly all the way to my ear.

Ever since, I've had a tight feeling in my neck right along the scar. I still lack full sensation because the nerves haven't healed completely. That tightness feels as though something is pressing on my throat, and the only thing that gives me any relief (and it's very short-lived) is tilting my head back and using my hands to pull downward firmly on my neck. I tried rehab and it didn't do anything.

I asked ChatGPT which peptide would be best for this, and it listed a whole bunch. I'm curious whether anyone here has actual firsthand experience they could share. Please note (VERY IMPORTANT): I can't use any that drive strong (or even any) angiogenesis, because they carry a risk of new cancer growth.

Here's my list: if you don't mind, please share any experience you have

Good: KPV, GHK-Cu, Glutathione, SS-31, Cerebrolysin

BAD (cancer): BPC-157, TB-500, Anything IGF-1 or HGH, EPO

Thanks in advance. I've spent far too long just "waiting for it to get better," and now I'm really hoping to feel more comfortable.
 
When it comes to growth factors and possible cancer concerns, it's worth noting that ghk cu also encourages angiogenesis — meaning it supports the development of new blood vessels. From what I understand, doctors will give bpc and tb to people who have survived cancer, but only after the cancer is no longer active. I haven't come across any reports suggesting these compounds cause cancer. I'm not an expert — I'm just passing along what I've come across. Wishing you the best as you heal.
 
CNCCurrency said:

When it comes to growth factors and possible cancer concerns, it's worth noting that ghk cu also encourages angiogenesis — meaning it supports the development of new blood vessels. From what I understand, doctors will give bpc and tb to people who have survived cancer, but only after the cancer is no longer active. I haven't come across any reports suggesting these compounds cause cancer. I'm not an expert — I'm just passing along what I've come across. Wishing you the best as you heal.
I still have a few tiny cancerous tumors sitting in my thyroid bed. They're so small that no surgeon is willing to operate, and putting more radiation into my body isn't justified either. The plan is simply to keep watching them and confirm they stay the same size. That means anything capable of making them grow bigger is off limits for me. Also, I appreciate the warning about GHK - it's smart to verify what AI says, because it clearly gets things wrong sometimes.
 
john_askins said:

CNCCurrency said:

When it comes to growth factors and possible cancer concerns, it's worth noting that ghk cu also encourages angiogenesis — meaning it supports the development of new blood vessels. From what I understand, doctors will give bpc and tb to people who have survived cancer, but only after the cancer is no longer active. I haven't come across any reports suggesting these compounds cause cancer. I'm not an expert — I'm just passing along what I've come across. Wishing you the best as you heal.
I still have a few tiny cancerous tumors sitting in my thyroid bed. They're so small that no surgeon is willing to operate, and putting more radiation into my body isn't justified either. The plan is simply to keep watching them and confirm they stay the same size. That means anything capable of making them grow bigger is off limits for me. Also, I appreciate the warning about GHK - it's smart to verify what AI says, because it clearly gets things wrong sometimes.
I've noticed that AI-generated responses have been cited on this forum, so it's wise to be skeptical of them.
 
john_askins said:

Does anyone have ideas?
That question is probably beyond what most of us here can answer. Because you have active tumors or cancer, your options are restricted. Take a look at this site — it lists most peptides along with whether they are secretagogues or what their actions are.

https://aesis.health/research
 
From what I understand, some cytokines get suppressed — specifically IL-6 and TNF-a — and that brings inflammation down. People say '1000's of other cytokines affected' and sure, that could be true. The trouble is our overall knowledge is tiny. TGF-b goes both ways; with me, TIF1-y blocks TGF-b/SMAD tumourigenesis. These same pathways are also influenced by GHK... whether that helps, I can't say. I'd like to see more research, perhaps a mice model or 3. On top of that, GHK-cu boosts VGF-2 and VEGF — both pro angiogenic — so that means it drives tumour growth.

With tumours present, injecting is not something I'd do. As for applying it as a serum over that area, I'm not even certain that's wise, but I tend toward caution. Healing will be slower if you're taking immunosuppressives. In that scenario, a peptide would likely do almost nothing. Then again, maybe it would just let healing proceed normally. I can't say for sure. I'll keep reading.

How about scar tape instead — or really any occlusive dressing? Or lightly rubbing the area with some product? Look into wound healing discussions on plastic surgery forums. Those folks know the drill.
 
Back
Top