Portion sizes and calorie dense foods

JuneBug1956 said:

Across 3 years and a 110 lb drop, what became clear to me is how much I enjoy protein, meat, chicken, fish, vegetables, and fat — steak most of all. Butter, olive oil, and fat don't intimidate me. Simple carbs are something I keep to a minimum, though sweet potato and baked squash (with butter) are still on my plate. "My Fitness Pal" was something I used religiously, and most days I land around 14-1500 calories. Weight lifting and walking happen 6 days a week (something I never used to do). Every so often I still open "My Fitness Pal" to keep myself in check. A year of maintenance has passed. Tirz, Sema, and Cagri are still part of my routine roughly every 8-9 days. Alcohol was something I quit before starting all this. Deprived is not a word I'd use for how I feel. (Ice cream does happen, but the craving for it is gone.) Dinner is often just an appetizer, or a shared meal.

Amazing work on the weight you've dropped, and here's to keeping it going! Stories of success over the long haul like this are wonderful to hear.

My usual approach is to steer clear of simple carbs as much as possible, though the nutritionist I see has been encouraging me to increase my overall carb intake (I'd bet he'd rather they be complex ones), so I just do what I'm able to.
 
I really enjoy my raw balls — made from psyllium husk, protein powder, blended nuts, a little coconut oil, and toasted coconut.

They pack plenty of protein and fibre, and while I'm on GLPz they genuinely satisfy my hunger. Now and then I'll add a shot of coffee to one as a morning boost. On certain days, just 1 or 2 of them is the only food I need.
 
Sid the SeaGull said:

I really enjoy my raw balls — made from psyllium husk, protein powder, blended nuts, a little coconut oil, and toasted coconut.

They pack plenty of protein and fibre, and while I'm on GLPz they genuinely satisfy my hunger. Now and then I'll add a shot of coffee to one as a morning boost. On certain days, just 1 or 2 of them is the only food I need.

I skimmed this at first and thought, wait, what are “raw balls”? For a second there I questioned whether I'd wandered into the wrong forum 😂. Then I noticed you shared the recipe further down, correct? 😂
 
Grogu said:

Sid the SeaGull said:

I really enjoy my raw balls — made from psyllium husk, protein powder, blended nuts, a little coconut oil, and toasted coconut.

They pack plenty of protein and fibre, and while I'm on GLPz they genuinely satisfy my hunger. Now and then I'll add a shot of coffee to one as a morning boost. On certain days, just 1 or 2 of them is the only food I need.

I skimmed this at first and thought, wait, what are “raw balls”? For a second there I questioned whether I'd wandered into the wrong forum 😂. Then I noticed you shared the recipe further down, correct? 😂
It's probably accurate to say that the majority of people in this space are extremely invested when it comes to pepz.

That comment might be pushing the boundaries of what's appropriate, but anyway, my easy recipe: throw everything in a blender, it's really straightforward, then coat them with toasted coconut if you want. They're satisfying, and you can drop weight even without glpz using those raw balls. One thing to remember: store them in the fridge.
 
Grogu said:

ArgFdzPep said:

CNCCurrency said:

Pistachios are my pick — solid protein, plenty of nutrients.
I know this might come across as strange, but give this a shot: Greek yogurt, pistachios, a bit of olive oil, and honey.

That sounds delicious! Greek yogurt with walnuts and honey is a regular for me—I've just never added olive oil.

This week I'll give your version a shot! You only use a small amount of olive oil, correct?
Right — only a small amount poured over, and the key thing is that the olive oil needs to be genuinely high quality!
 
JuneBug1956 said:

Across 3 years and a 110 lb drop, what became clear to me is how much I enjoy protein, meat, chicken, fish, vegetables, and fat — steak most of all. Butter, olive oil, and fat don't intimidate me. Simple carbs are something I keep to a minimum, though sweet potato and baked squash (with butter) are still on my plate. "My Fitness Pal" was something I used religiously, and most days I land around 14-1500 calories. Weight lifting and walking happen 6 days a week (something I never used to do). Every so often I still open "My Fitness Pal" to keep myself in check. A year of maintenance has passed. Tirz, Sema, and Cagri are still part of my routine roughly every 8-9 days. Alcohol was something I quit before starting all this. Deprived is not a word I'd use for how I feel. (Ice cream does happen, but the craving for it is gone.) Dinner is often just an appetizer, or a shared meal.
My wife and I began 2 months ago, right after we started Reta. We haven't actually eaten a sweet potato so far, though there's one waiting for the pork steak we're making next week. Since we've reduced how much we eat, we'll divide both between us, and Reta has made that a lot easier. Meats and protein shakes still give us all the protein we need. In 8 weeks I've lost close to 22lbs.
 
Back
Top