Poll: Does Fat Simply Move Between People?

bluewater

Explorer
Joined
Mar 16, 2026
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Anyone else had this happen?

You drop 5 kg… and then your partner, a coworker, or someone in your family puts on 5 kg out of nowhere. Or it goes the other way: a person close to you begins losing weight, and all at once you're asking yourself why your jeans feel tighter.

We're all familiar with the Law of Conservation of Energy: energy is neither created nor destroyed—it merely changes from one form into another.

So here's the scientific breakthrough I want to put forward today:

The Conservation of Fat Theory: Fat is neither created nor destroyed. It only moves from one person to another.

Peer-reviewed evidence? None so far… but I have a suspicious number of real-world observations that fit this model. 😂

Vote:

👍 YES – This explains everything.

😆 NO – Put down the chocolate and stop blaming physics.
 
😂 Right now I tell myself I'm doing my bit for the UK drought… when fat gets 'burned' it gives off CO2 and water. But it seems we might also be adding to greenhouse gases and a warming climate 🤦‍♀️😂😂😂
 
For the first time since the obesity pandemic began, obesity rates are actually falling. At a societal level, fat isn't sticking around — people really are getting smaller. When you remove the moralizing nonsense and give people proper treatment, they improve. These medications still carry plenty of stigma, but I expect that to shift as a big share of the population ends up using them.
 
Back
Top