Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
your pace is far too quick. I limit myself to the acceleration of a person plummeting to the ground, roughly 32.2 ft/s²; if you go beyond that, a welt will appear.Airborne Daddy said:
I go with the usual 950 fps (feet per second)
switch to a needle with a bigger gauge. 27 gauge was the largest insulin syringe I could locate. luer lock syringes let you go larger, for example 25 gauge (or 18 even!). back when I needed 150 units, I split it across two 1mL 27 gauge insulin syringes, 75 units apiece. I did once use 5mL luer lock barrels paired with a 25 gauge needle to do it all in one shot, but with that much liquid the subQ bubble got huge, so I went back to two injections, one on each side. I'm so relieved that I no longer need that volume.MakeNoPeaceWithEvil said:
With insulin syringes, what's your injection speed like? I push 36 units in just a few seconds, and I'm trying to figure out how fast I can go before it becomes an issue.
My starting point was Mounjaro at 2.5mg. All the vials I got from EL, spanning 2.5 up to 15mg, are supplied as one .5ml solution. Because of that, I've simply stuck with that same concentration as my standard. For me, 31 gauge needles or thinner are non-negotiable as well.MakeNoPeaceWithEvil said:
Wait, you're actually using that strength and that much? I'm only asking — if it's real, does a higher concentration make the sting worse? LolSasquatch said:
Forget measuring in insulin units! My dose goes in at 0.5ml/15mg. I make sure it takes no less than ten seconds. The PAIN is what I enjoy!
My dose is 10mg, drawn into 20 units (0.2mL). The burn feels the same either way.MakeNoPeaceWithEvil said:
Wait, you're actually using that strength and that much? I'm only asking — if it's real, does a higher concentration make the sting worse? LolSasquatch said:
Forget measuring in insulin units! My dose goes in at 0.5ml/15mg. I make sure it takes no less than ten seconds. The PAIN is what I enjoy!
Since my wife refuses to inject herself, I end up having to do it for her—and not in the fun sense.MakeNoPeaceWithEvil said:
Even though I have no intention of switching to pens, once my wife finishes breastfeeding she'll be starting Reta, so I'll likely be the one prepping her pens lolSid the SeaGull said:
as someone who relies on an auto pen, I kinda feel excluded . Every single time it's the same sluggish, dull velocity