Picked up a 0/2 at the store today

rokowho

Explorer
Joined
Nov 24, 2025
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Location
Cherry Hill
Needed some pants that could handle rain, so I stopped by walmart today to look at a few.... I carried an 8/10 into the dressing room. The cut is loose, and even so it was still too big. Then I grabbed the 4/6, and that one fit nicely.. Even so, I decided to give the 0/2 a shot, and it actually fit! Getting a better fit from the 4/6 would probably take about 10 pounds, but I ended up buying both sizes because I simply wanted to know that at some point in my life I could get into a 0/2.. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 With that said, I am definitely an 8/10 (5'7' and 150#), though it's clear Walmart has caught on that shoppers like the feeling of buying a smaller size than usual and has changed their sizing to match. Oh well, it doesn't bother me if the whole thing is a marketing gimmick, it worked on me!
 
HereKittyKitty said:

Incredible! So did the marketing ploy actually do its job?
100%! 😀

Years back I read a story about a wife who, whenever she picked up new pants for her husband, would stitch smaller size labels into them so he'd feel good about himself. That's love! And denial, but mainly love.
 
HereKittyKitty said:

Incredible! So did the marketing ploy actually do its job?
Exactly, right? ... Jeans made for women are famous for this trick: the bigger sizes get tags showing smaller numbers ... It's a way to earn brand loyalty ... 👍
 
rokowho said:

100%! 😀

Years back I read a story about a wife who, whenever she picked up new pants for her husband, would stitch smaller size labels into them so he'd feel good about himself. That's love! And denial, but mainly love.
Count me in on this.

That marketing question wasn't meant to come off snarky. Everyone already knows the answer. My guess is the majority of us are on board with it - I definitely am. And seriously, 0/2? Absolutely, if that's the frame I'm working with!!!!
 
Clothes shopping has turned into something genuinely great for me, and I'm a guy. Not sure if this happens to everyone, but back when I was obese (I'm at 160 lbs now, 32 inch waist), dressing well felt like a pointless effort. It seemed like there was no hope. Whatever I put on, I looked like a slob in my own eyes, and honestly I probably was one! These days I'm picking up nice clothes, and just about everything I try looks pretty good on me (if I do say so myself!). Congrats on your loss/win!
 
Back
Top