Phase 1 study for Eloralintide and Terzepitide

yeddie

Explorer
Joined
Sep 16, 2025
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Location
Ohio
Over at his blog, David W has put up a fresh piece covering Eli Lilly's early data release on pairing Eloralintide with Terzepitide. It looks promising, which is what you'd expect.

Eloralintide + Tirzepatide = Bariatric Surgery results!​#-eloralintide-tirzepatide-bariatric-surgery-results(Yes, he's a fan.)

This is what Novo thought CagriSema could do.

These are short trials and in no way was there a weight plateau in any arm. This isn’t even the max potential weight loss with this combination. That being said I have a genuine concern that this weight loss is too rapid. Perhaps this is why Lilly has Enlighten-6 which combines eloralintide plus either semaglutide or tirzepatide AFTER you’ve stalled out on weight loss on either of those two agents first.

Click to expand...
 
Great! Is this genuinely fresh human data from 2026?

Up to now, all I've come across is the 2025 eloralintide monotherapy findings that were published. Where did the numbers for this combo originate?

Did they come from a Lilly poster, a conference abstract, an investor deck, or some other place? If anyone has a link, I'd really like to check out the original source.
 
Wow, those weight loss results are amazing! For reta's p3 trial, reaching 30% weight loss required 104 weeks, whereas tirz+elora achieved it in about 32 weeks.
 
I really appreciate you sharing this — I'm thrilled!!! My Elora should arrive later this summer and I'm counting down the days.





Image unavailable
 
Scorpio73 said:

Great! Is this genuinely fresh human data from 2026?

Up to now, all I've come across is the 2025 eloralintide monotherapy findings that were published. Where did the numbers for this combo originate?

Did they come from a Lilly poster, a conference abstract, an investor deck, or some other place? If anyone has a link, I'd really like to check out the original source.
The article mentions this:

"that’s what I found today, when I was looking at the abstracts for the upcoming EASD 2026 (European Association for the Study of Diabetes) conference." (though there's no direct link, likely not public yet).
 
For maintenance, my plan is to try a combo of low-dose Elora plus Reta. The goal is strong appetite suppression while keeping weight steady. So far I've lost 112lbs — 46% of my body weight — and my BMI now sits at 21. At the moment I'm taking 4mg Elora and have had no side effects; next I intend to taper toward 4-5mg Reta. Nothing is settled yet since this is still in progress. Maintaining on smaller doses appeals to me, as opposed to the newer Tirz trial that concludes you must remain at your highest effective dose to hold your weight. In the small Elora trial, people averaged 17% weight loss over 16 weeks on 3mg Elora plus 5mg Tirz, and no plateau appeared.

If you missed it, here's a recap of the Tirz maintenance trial:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SURMOUNT-MAINTAIN: Maximum Dose vs. Dose Reduction​#-surmount-maintain-maximum-dose-vs-dose-reductionThis particular trial looked at what occurs if you reduce your dose for maintenance instead of remaining on your maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of 10 mg or 15 mg (Horn, 2026).

  • The Setup: Over a first 60-week phase, participants lost weight while titrating up to their maximum tolerated dose (10 mg or 15 mg). Next they were randomized into three arms for a 52-week maintenance phase: staying at their maximum dose, stepping down to a low maintenance dose (5 mg), or moving entirely to a placebo.
  • The Findings:
    • Maximum Tolerated Dose (10 mg or 15 mg): Participants held onto their full weight loss, ending the trial with an average total weight reduction of -21.9%.
    • Reduced Dose (5 mg): Participants put back some weight, ending with an average total weight reduction of -16.6%. More than 25% of people in this arm regained enough weight to need rescue therapy.
    • Placebo: Participants regained a substantial amount of weight, ending with a total net loss of only -9.9% from their original baseline.
 
Back
Top