Peri, Tirz, night sweats and heartburn?

Confusedrabbit

Explorer
Joined
Jun 28, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Tn
New here as everyone can tell, though I read a ton before starting — only 10 weeks in and 15 lb down.

I began through a telemedicine provider and spent 2 weeks at 1.5. No side effects at all, except I no longer wanted to eat everything in sight. Then I came across this group and chose not to bump up to 3 like the health doc instructed; instead I went to 2.5 and remained there 3 weeks..hunger hit me hard. Looking back now, I think that was probably because of that time of the month, but it took me 3 weeks to work that out sooo.. Right now I'm at 3.0, and everything is fine except the heartburn is worse. The past 2 pins were filtered nex, and I accounted for overfill at .8 and filtered with 13mm. Just a side note. So I'm about to have my third monthly cycle since my first pin. I've been in peri for years, and ever since that first shot, I haven't woken up drenched in sweat even once. Hot flashes still come, but the night sweats are almost gone. Gone enough that I don't have to swap the sheets daily. Has anyone else had this? It's kind of amazing and I even mentioned it to my primary, and he just sort of shrugged. Also, after moving up to three, I get really really bad heartburn sometimes. I really don't want to drop back down, and I'm concerned it might be fluctuation since I just mixed a new gray jar from that place that takes cards and is where most ppl start up for kits. I didn't have any of those problems with the first one.. At one point the indigestion was so bad I had to just get Pepto and drink it to coat my throat. normally I don't get heartburn bad unless I eat really spicy and acidic foods.. Thanks everyone and I really would love to know if you ladies feel like this is helping your cycles.I don't know if it's psychosomatic, but I feel like last month's cramps weren't as bad. Like I said I'm just on 3 months in.

I also just weighed myself and am 4 lbs up from last week!!! I really hope it is just weight from the monthly cycle!
 
I'm going through perimenopause and have used tirz for more than a year. My reflux has actually improved on tirz, though heartburn runs in my family. Taking otc omeprazole daily is safe. There's a generic version at Walmart.
 
AllCourtTENNIS said:

I'm going through perimenopause and have used tirz for more than a year. My reflux has actually improved on tirz, though heartburn runs in my family. Taking otc omeprazole daily is safe. There's a generic version at Walmart.
I'm on the generic version of Nexium. If it gets severe, it's ineffective for me. This started recently, over the past 2 weeks, and I opened a fresh bottle around then.
 
Reflux is best handled with proper treatment rather than left alone — a proton pump inhibitor such as omeprazole, which you can buy OTC, is one option. If reflux goes untreated for a long time it can do real damage to your oesophagus, and at minimum it is uncomfortable, at worst painful. The odds of long term problems from the medication are probably far lower than the odds of problems from reflux that is never treated. Weight loss itself works extremely well against reflux, so after you drop some weight you may find it disappears even while you stay on the GLP. Before I lost weight I needed high dose PPI's every day for 10 years because of reflux, and once I had lost a lot of weight I simply no longer needed them.

The usual reflux measures are worth trying, and they overlap heavily with what is recommended for GLP's: eat smaller meals, don't drink fluids alongside meals, and keep food and drink to a minimum later in the day, since lying down almost always aggravates it. GLP drugs delay gastric emptying, which raises the chance of reflux, and they probably also alter how the stomach muscles move, which adds to it — but that effect gradually gets better across months, in the same way GI side effects generally ease off after a while.
 
ladyj779 said:

Omeprazole.

In addition, you might want to begin taking kpv every day ♥️
Correct?...my tirz starting dose was 2.5, despite my doctor preferring 5 as the starting point....the first night I vomited, and then came the acid reflux/heartburn that stuck around for multiple days...

At some point, I picked up some KPV, and while I realize my body simply adjusted to the tirz, I genuinely think KPV has helped a lot with my GI problems...as you're aware, I'm a huge supporter... 👍
 
I was taking omeprazole previously, though once I'd shed some pounds on Tirz for a few months, I began cutting back and eventually stopped needing it. Even now, I'll reach for an over-the-counter antacid every so often — roughly 1 time per month, if that.
 
CranberryRocker said:

I was taking omeprazole previously, though once I'd shed some pounds on Tirz for a few months, I began cutting back and eventually stopped needing it. Even now, I'll reach for an over-the-counter antacid every so often — roughly 1 time per month, if that.
On the rare nights when acid comes back up, I’ll chew 2 or 3 Tums and that settles it down... 👍
 
Flash-BCR said:

CranberryRocker said:

I was taking omeprazole previously, though once I'd shed some pounds on Tirz for a few months, I began cutting back and eventually stopped needing it. Even now, I'll reach for an over-the-counter antacid every so often — roughly 1 time per month, if that.
On the rare nights when acid comes back up, I’ll chew 2 or 3 Tums and that settles it down... 👍
If you were my patient and described these symptoms in clinic, they'd rank among my top worries — that's speaking as someone who practices medicine. See a gastroenterologist, or at minimum another physician. Bring up your medications only if they ask. Skip the long backstory; give your symptoms and how long you've had them in a single sentence, then follow the doctor's lead. Go today.
 
Okayface said:

Flash-BCR said:

CranberryRocker said:

I was taking omeprazole previously, though once I'd shed some pounds on Tirz for a few months, I began cutting back and eventually stopped needing it. Even now, I'll reach for an over-the-counter antacid every so often — roughly 1 time per month, if that.
On the rare nights when acid comes back up, I’ll chew 2 or 3 Tums and that settles it down... 👍
If you were my patient and described these symptoms in clinic, they'd rank among my top worries — that's speaking as someone who practices medicine. See a gastroenterologist, or at minimum another physician. Bring up your medications only if they ask. Skip the long backstory; give your symptoms and how long you've had them in a single sentence, then follow the doctor's lead. Go today.
No thanks, I'll pass — appreciate it all the same... 😎 👍
 
Flash-BCR said:

CranberryRocker said:

I was taking omeprazole previously, though once I'd shed some pounds on Tirz for a few months, I began cutting back and eventually stopped needing it. Even now, I'll reach for an over-the-counter antacid every so often — roughly 1 time per month, if that.
On the rare nights when acid comes back up, I’ll chew 2 or 3 Tums and that settles it down... 👍
For me, Tums does nothing at all, unfortunately.

That's about as useful as trying to put out a forest fire by peeing on it — good luck with that, my friend.

That said, my problems started well before I ever touched GLP1s.

I attempted to get off omeprazole, but the moment it clears my system, the symptoms return every time.

My doctor's advice was to give up on quitting and simply keep taking it — better than enduring the misery and risking acid damage down the line.

So I've been on it the same way for 15 years, which may explain why adding another lifelong medication like Tirz didn't bother me.

Okayface said:

Flash-BCR said:

CranberryRocker said:

I was taking omeprazole previously, though once I'd shed some pounds on Tirz for a few months, I began cutting back and eventually stopped needing it. Even now, I'll reach for an over-the-counter antacid every so often — roughly 1 time per month, if that.
On the rare nights when acid comes back up, I’ll chew 2 or 3 Tums and that settles it down... 👍
If you were my patient and described these symptoms in clinic, they'd rank among my top worries — that's speaking as someone who practices medicine. See a gastroenterologist, or at minimum another physician. Bring up your medications only if they ask. Skip the long backstory; give your symptoms and how long you've had them in a single sentence, then follow the doctor's lead. Go today.
If a bit of easily treated heartburn that a few Tums can handle is what worries you, Saudi must have an extremely cautious medical system.
 
Back
Top