Peptides with epilepsy?

Dexter

Explorer
Joined
Nov 6, 2025
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
EU
Hi everyone,

I have absence epilepsy. I want to know if using peptides might cause any bad effects, given that I have epilepsy and am on anti-epilepsy medication.

The peptides I would use are: Reta, MOTS-c, DSIP, NAD+.

– Dexter
 
Nobody can guarantee "no, it won't happen."

While I don't have knowledge about absence epilepsy specifically, I understand that epilepsy more broadly tends to be set off in puzzling ways by triggers both recognized and unrecognized (or at least, that's the pattern I've seen with a friend who has the condition). It strikes me — and I imagine it's already struck you — that beyond possible interactions from those substances, there's also the chance of a physiological stress reaction triggered by introducing new compounds into your body for the first time, and that stress reaction alone might be a factor.

If you make it through, you'll need to fill us in!
 
Dexter said:

Hi everyone,

I have absence epilepsy. I want to know if using peptides might cause any bad effects, given that I have epilepsy and am on anti-epilepsy medication.

The peptides I would use are: Reta, MOTS-c, DSIP, NAD+.

– Dexter
-- I hold no medical degree, and my only formal instruction has been basic first aid plus CPR. Please weigh my words with that in mind --

My gut reaction is to say it's fine. The sole overlap between these peptides and recognized epilepsy triggers is tiredness. That said, nobody can predict how these compounds will mix with other prescription drugs a person may already use. There will be risk involved. Even with a physician overseeing things, risk would remain. That applies to every medication anyone ever puts in their body. The sole method to learn how your system responds is to actually try it.

So what I'd tell anyone is this: should you decide to begin something, pick a single compound, use a small dose, and wait several weeks before raising that dose or introducing anything else, so you can tell what the first thing is already doing.
 
I plan to record how this goes for me, and I might put together some YouTube videos covering it all.
 
tubby said:

Nobody can guarantee "no, it won't happen."

While I don't have knowledge about absence epilepsy specifically, I understand that epilepsy more broadly tends to be set off in puzzling ways by triggers both recognized and unrecognized (or at least, that's the pattern I've seen with a friend who has the condition). It strikes me — and I imagine it's already struck you — that beyond possible interactions from those substances, there's also the chance of a physiological stress reaction triggered by introducing new compounds into your body for the first time, and that stress reaction alone might be a factor.

If you make it through, you'll need to fill us in!

What worries me is the stress response.

I'm not 20 anymore, and my health isn't flawless, but nothing particularly out of the ordinary is going on with my body or its electrical system.

Yet somehow my scalp reacts the moment I begin injecting NAD+. It can't physically get from my belly fat up to my scalp within a second. Perhaps I'm naive and it triggers something regardless. (If anyone has literature on this, I'd gladly stop being ignorant.) Some neurological process is happening that doesn't occur with tirz (also water-based) or with my hormones (oil-based shots placed in comparable spots on the body as peptides).

It isn't very pronounced; my hair feels as though it lifts, similar to goosebumps. At times it's only at the nape, other times only at the back of my head. I haven't stuck to the protocol circulating around, mostly using 20-25mg 2-3 times per week. In December I barely used any. The reaction differs, and doesn't appear tied to how old the mix is (though my NAD had less bite by the end of 4 weeks).

Initially it somewhat alarmed me, now it's a small pleasure.

My suggestion is to try one thing at a time, as @MsGizmo said. A single variable at a time makes for solid research and leaves room for troubleshooting.
 
Hey, I've got epilepsy as well! Mine's the grand mal type though, so a different form than yours, and lamotrigine keeps it pretty well under control. That said, every peptide I've tried has been okay for me. I've used reta and DSIP for some time now, plus TB/BCP and ipamorelin in the past. MOTS-C and SS31 are next on my list. In my case, managing epilepsy really comes down to keeping my baseline steady, and sleep plus other lifestyle habits do most of the heavy lifting, so I'd say peptides have genuinely given me a hand with that.

Of course, it's all about keeping that baseline in check, and that's after my meds, obviously - without my meds I'd be seizing no matter what lifestyle stuff I do, lol.
 
lavender said:

Hey, I've got epilepsy as well! Mine's the grand mal type though, so a different form than yours, and lamotrigine keeps it pretty well under control. That said, every peptide I've tried has been okay for me. I've used reta and DSIP for some time now, plus TB/BCP and ipamorelin in the past. MOTS-C and SS31 are next on my list. In my case, managing epilepsy really comes down to keeping my baseline steady, and sleep plus other lifestyle habits do most of the heavy lifting, so I'd say peptides have genuinely given me a hand with that.

Of course, it's all about keeping that baseline in check, and that's after my meds, obviously - without my meds I'd be seizing no matter what lifestyle stuff I do, lol.
That does ease my mind a bit, I appreciate the solid reply 😀
 
It's impossible to predict. Perhaps 1 of these peptides could help with the condition. Best of luck!!
 
Dexter said:

lavender said:

Hey, I've got epilepsy as well! Mine's the grand mal type though, so a different form than yours, and lamotrigine keeps it pretty well under control. That said, every peptide I've tried has been okay for me. I've used reta and DSIP for some time now, plus TB/BCP and ipamorelin in the past. MOTS-C and SS31 are next on my list. In my case, managing epilepsy really comes down to keeping my baseline steady, and sleep plus other lifestyle habits do most of the heavy lifting, so I'd say peptides have genuinely given me a hand with that.

Of course, it's all about keeping that baseline in check, and that's after my meds, obviously - without my meds I'd be seizing no matter what lifestyle stuff I do, lol.
That does ease my mind a bit, I appreciate the solid reply 😀
Yeah, absolutely, happy to be of assistance! Everybody reacts differently and so on, but in my opinion there's no need for excessive concern
 
When it comes to any peptide that modulates the brain, the key is to begin with a very small amount and increase it very gradually, since certain ones may lead to excessive neuronal stimulation or excitation. From the most stimulating to the least stimulating, examples include: Dihexa, P-21, PE 22-28, cerebrolysin, pinealon, semax, selank.

If my goal were to test any of the brain peptides to find out whether they might reduce my seizures, I would begin at the “low end” — that is, selank first, then semax, then pinealon, and so on. Low and slow is the name of the game!
 
Jellybelly54 said:

When it comes to any peptide that modulates the brain, the key is to begin with a very small amount and increase it very gradually, since certain ones may lead to excessive neuronal stimulation or excitation. From the most stimulating to the least stimulating, examples include: Dihexa, P-21, PE 22-28, cerebrolysin, pinealon, semax, selank.

If my goal were to test any of the brain peptides to find out whether they might reduce my seizures, I would begin at the “low end” — that is, selank first, then semax, then pinealon, and so on. Low and slow is the name of the game!
For any peptide, my approach would be to begin with a low dose, purely to check how my body responds—whether it tolerates the compound or not....

"Brain peptides" haven't been something I've given much consideration to. DSIP, perhaps... the only reason being that my sleep is terrible due to stress / depression from work. For your information, I'm not on any stress or depression meds.
 
Update time!

I've been on GLOW for roughly 4 weeks now, and my epilepsy hasn't acted up at all, plus my knee pain disappeared. That said, the collagen benefits I expected never showed up — nothing changed with my skin or hair — so I stopped taking glow 4 days ago.

About 3 weeks back I added Reta (my epilepsy is unaffected). My schedule is 0.5mg on Monday and 0.5mg on Thursday, which is the low dose. So far I'm down about 3,6 kilos, and once week 4 hits I'll bump it to 1mg Monday and 1mg Thursday. (I'll share progress pic's once I feel ready.)

Hope you're all still keeping up with my journey!
 
Dexter said:

Update time!

I've been on GLOW for roughly 4 weeks now, and my epilepsy hasn't acted up at all, plus my knee pain disappeared. That said, the collagen benefits I expected never showed up — nothing changed with my skin or hair — so I stopped taking glow 4 days ago.

About 3 weeks back I added Reta (my epilepsy is unaffected). My schedule is 0.5mg on Monday and 0.5mg on Thursday, which is the low dose. So far I'm down about 3,6 kilos, and once week 4 hits I'll bump it to 1mg Monday and 1mg Thursday. (I'll share progress pic's once I feel ready.)

Hope you're all still keeping up with my journey!
That's a fascinating outcome—appreciate you posting it!
 
GLOW/KLOW isn't some miracle cure, dude. It's not like you take a dose, hit the sack, and suddenly you're Penelope Cruz when you get up. This is something you might notice after 2 or 3 cycles at best, and even then, any changes are barely there.
 
randompersonrandom said:

GLOW/KLOW isn't some miracle cure, dude. It's not like you take a dose, hit the sack, and suddenly you're Penelope Cruz when you get up. This is something you might notice after 2 or 3 cycles at best, and even then, any changes are barely there.
I'm not a donsky... I'm aware of that, so please don't label me a total idiot...

- It's genuine, I have, I tested it and all...
 
Back
Top