Peptides That Pair Well With Reta for Building Muscle

IGF-1 LR3 — this marks just my 2nd run with it, and I'm taking it following a shoulder repair procedure. Both of my knees have been replaced; for the 2nd knee replacement I combined it with BPC-157/TB-500. Compared with the 1st one, the 2nd knee's recovery was night and day better. That's the only frame of reference I have, so take it with a grain of salt. I still need my other shoulder done, and it's worse than the one I just had repaired, so I'm hoping this helps.

IGF‑1 LR3 — short for Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 Long Arg3 — is a modified form of the IGF‑1 hormone that occurs naturally, valued for boosting muscle hypertrophy, improving recovery, and encouraging cellular growth. Because it has a longer half-life and greater potency than standard IGF‑1, LR3 has become a go-to peptide among athletes who want to build muscle, hold onto gains after a cycle, or speed up healing. It can be run together with CJC-1295 no dac / Ipamorelin (which I'm taking). Your blood sugar may be affected a little, so be careful with dosing, and to keep it stable in the fridge longer it needs to be mixed with Acetic Acid 0.6% rather than Bac water.
 
The possibility of cancer from hgh worries me. I would really like to look at some independent studies on that. Everything I have come across so far has made me steer clear of hgh. Still, I want to know whether there is a very safe floor dose that carries no cancer risk at all.
 
Sid the SeaGull said:

The possibility of cancer from hgh worries me. I would really like to look at some independent studies on that. Everything I have come across so far has made me steer clear of hgh. Still, I want to know whether there is a very safe floor dose that carries no cancer risk at all.
From what I gather, there isn't proof that it triggers cancer, yet if a growth already exists it might in theory accelerate it, so getting baseline screening and tracking IGF-1 counts for more than simply steering clear. The studies that scare most people involve bodybuilding-level amounts. When taken at low physiological doses (1-2 IU/day), you're mostly bringing back the levels you had fifteen years ago, not exceeding what your body already produces on its own while sleeping and exercising.
 
Sid the SeaGull said:

The possibility of cancer from hgh worries me. I would really like to look at some independent studies on that. Everything I have come across so far has made me steer clear of hgh. Still, I want to know whether there is a very safe floor dose that carries no cancer risk at all.
Certain cancer researchers go as far as to suspect that dairy products elevate IGF-1. From that standpoint, using any GH peptide without a prescription would strike them as reckless. Among GH peptides, serm appears to be the one with the gentlest and least risky profile:

Gemini said:


SubstanceMechanismOncological Risk ProfileNotable CharacteristicsDairyDietary/Indirect IGF-1Low / BaselineRaises IGF-1 slightly; significant concern mainly for strict oncological diets.SermorelinGHRH AnalogMild RiskShortest half-life; lowest potential for chronic/uncontrolled growth signaling.IpamorelinGHRP (Selective)Mild/Moderate RiskHighly selective for GH; lacks the "hormonal messiness" of older GHRPs.CJC-1295 (No DAC)GHRH AnalogModerate RiskStandard pulse enhancer; more stable than Sermorelin but still pulsatile.TesamorelinGHRH AnalogModerate RiskClinically approved for visceral fat; stronger IGF-1 push than Sermorelin.Tesamorelin + IpamorelinGHRH + GHRP StackElevated RiskSynergistic "turbo" pulse; high peak IGF-1; potent for visceral fat loss.CJC-1295 (No DAC) + IpaGHRH + GHRP StackElevated RiskThe "Classic Stack"; mimics intense natural pulses; overrides natural troughs.GHRP-2 / GHRP-6GHRP (Non-selective)Elevated RiskNon-selective; raises stress hormones (cortisol) and prolactin.HexarelinGHRP (Potent)Elevated RiskStrongest GHRP; highest pulse intensity; potential for rapid desensitization.MK-677 (Ibutamoren)Oral Ghrelin MimeticHigh RiskContinuous GH elevation; potential for 24-hour IGF-1 "over-exposure."CJC-1295 (with DAC)GHRH AnalogHigh RiskCauses "GH bleed"; prevents the body from returning to low-growth baseline.Exogenous HGHDirect HormoneHighest Systemic RiskBypasses feedback loops; direct systemic IGF-1 elevation.IGF-1 LR3Long-Acting IGF-1Extreme / Theoretical DangerPotent inhibitor of apoptosis; persistent signal for cell proliferation.

Click to expand...
 
RENjutsu said:

About to begin another Reta cycle - my lifting routine stays fairly steady, but I'm curious what others have found when combining peptides with reta to gain muscle. CJC and ipamorelin are names I've come across, though I haven't looked into them deeply. Is anyone here using these alongside reta, and how has it gone for you? Are they worth it for muscle growth?

Right now my stack is reta, tesa, ipa and cyp, and at 56 y/o the muscle growth I'm seeing is insane. Everything is dosed low, since I'm only 6-8 weeks in. Even while eating in a caloric deficit I've put on 12 lbs (plenty of that is surely water weight, plus some muscle as well). The belly is shrinking gradually. I keep wondering whether adding KLOW would be fine, or whether that's pushing it too far. So far sides have been almost nonexistent.
 
To put things in perspective: a pro bodybuilder, eating right, lifting heavy 3-6 days per week, and running anabolics plus exogenous growth hormone at massive doses (not peptides), might manage roughly 10lbs of muscle in a year. And these are people whose whole job is adding as much muscle as they can, as quickly and efficiently as possible. Peptides really only come into play for them when they're cutting ahead of a show.

So anyone hoping to add a decent amount of muscle using peptides is looking at a very long grind.
 
Right now I'm putting in an order for Ipamorelin and Tesamorelin, which I plan to run alongside my Reta. What I've seen so far is that I tend to respond to reta at higher dosages. That isn't something that worries me much, but I do want to hold onto as much muscle as I can. I've also picked up on a small drop in how well I sleep. Throwing in tesa in particular might be able to support better sleep quality.
 
I haven't been around this community long, yet this comes up constantly when it's about peptides plus putting on size. If someone thinks peptides alone will add muscle, they're signing up for a slow grind. For that goal, the real options are analobics/test/hgh — though the danger attached to them is significant.
 
mrmors said:

I haven't been around this community long, yet this comes up constantly when it's about peptides plus putting on size. If someone thinks peptides alone will add muscle, they're signing up for a slow grind. For that goal, the real options are analobics/test/hgh — though the danger attached to them is significant.
That was my thinking as well; the GH peptides appear to carry risks that outweigh any benefit
 
mrmors said:

I haven't been around this community long, yet this comes up constantly when it's about peptides plus putting on size. If someone thinks peptides alone will add muscle, they're signing up for a slow grind. For that goal, the real options are analobics/test/hgh — though the danger attached to them is significant.
If they're looking to keep their downstairs functioning, some hcg could help as well.
 
RENjutsu said:


Thank you for the detailed response, I'm gathering, correct me if I'm wrong, that for muscle growth alone it is likely not worth it - you can see for reta for example it is well worth it for weight loss ( as I've experienced myself) but CJC ipamorelin from these responses doesn't seem to give that big benefit (unless I'm wrong)

Click to expand...

To be straight with you, secretagogues and hgh won't deliver the kind of dramatic muscle-building payoff that test does. Test may not be exciting, but for adding muscle it has the track record. Keep the cycles short and you'll be alright.

RubbaDubba1 said:

IGF-1 LR3 — this marks just my 2nd run with it, and I'm taking it following a shoulder repair procedure. Both of my knees have been replaced; for the 2nd knee replacement I combined it with BPC-157/TB-500. Compared with the 1st one, the 2nd knee's recovery was night and day better. That's the only frame of reference I have, so take it with a grain of salt. I still need my other shoulder done, and it's worse than the one I just had repaired, so I'm hoping this helps.

IGF‑1 LR3 — short for Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 Long Arg3 — is a modified form of the IGF‑1 hormone that occurs naturally, valued for boosting muscle hypertrophy, improving recovery, and encouraging cellular growth. Because it has a longer half-life and greater potency than standard IGF‑1, LR3 has become a go-to peptide among athletes who want to build muscle, hold onto gains after a cycle, or speed up healing. It can be run together with CJC-1295 no dac / Ipamorelin (which I'm taking). Your blood sugar may be affected a little, so be careful with dosing, and to keep it stable in the fridge longer it needs to be mixed with Acetic Acid 0.6% rather than Bac water.

IGF-1 isn't as powerful for muscle growth as you might assume, either. Hypertrophy isn't something it influences directly - it just encourages cellular growth. That ought to set off warning bells, since IGF-1 has known ties to multiple cancers, and elevated IGF-1 is linked to a worse prognosis. For me, IGF-1 lands firmly in the too risky bucket. I'd pick HGH over it any day.
 
TLDR: no peptide has a direct effect on muscle growth. Some peptides can improve recovery, sleep quality, training intensity, and similar factors.
 
Devilseye said:


Honestly secretagogues and hgh are not gonna give you dramatic results on muscle growth like test can. Test might be boring but its tried and tested for muscle growth. Just do short cycles and youll be fine.

IGF-1 is also not as potent for muscle growth as you may think. It does not directly affect hypertrophy but simply promotes cellular growth. This should cause alarms bells because IGF-1 is known to be associated with a variety of cancers and high IGF-1 gives poor prognosis. IGF-1 is to me strictly in the too risky category. Id even rather try HGH than that.

Click to expand...
There's a common claim that test shuts down your natural output, and that even brief runs aren't worth it. If that's true, wouldn't most of the muscle disappear once the cycle ends?
 
Sid the SeaGull said:

The possibility of cancer from hgh worries me. I would really like to look at some independent studies on that. Everything I have come across so far has made me steer clear of hgh. Still, I want to know whether there is a very safe floor dose that carries no cancer risk at all.
I've had the same experience, and IGF LR3 gave me the same result
 
RENjutsu said:


Ive always heard that test messes up your natural production and even short cycles are worthless, will you not lose the majority of the muscle mass when you come off a cycle?

Click to expand...
Your natural output will definitely be affected. Running HCG alongside test, and continuing it once you stop, is an option—but nobody can promise you'll end up producing at the same level as before.
 
RENjutsu said:


Ive always heard that test messes up your natural production and even short cycles are worthless, will you not lose the majority of the muscle mass when you come off a cycle?

Click to expand...
Alright, so it's true that your natural production takes a hit. That said, you've got 2 options: either take HCG alongside it, or commit to a really disciplined PCT.

You will drop a bit of muscle mass, but that loss can be limited if you get your PCT and your nutrition properly sorted. Some mass will still go (mainly water weight), yet it won't be as bad as doing nothing whatsoever.
 
Solid thread — right now I'm running reta together with cjc + ipa, and I'm hoping that over the next few months some body recomp starts to show.
 
A small amount of HGH, 1-2IU taken 5 times per week, is beneficial. Based on what I've looked into, problems arise when the dosage goes up and blood work is disregarded.
 
morti said:

Solid thread — right now I'm running reta together with cjc + ipa, and I'm hoping that over the next few months some body recomp starts to show.
Curious to see what CJC/IPA does for you. Around five weeks from now, once my workload eases, I plan to begin them too, so I can handle the chance of disrupted sleep.
 
Back
Top