Peptides that only quiet food noise?

healthyanon

Explorer
Joined
Oct 28, 2025
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Germany
I've been on tirz for 1 month now and it's hitting way harder than I expected. I began at the standard 2.5mg, but by week 3 I've dropped to 1.25mg because getting in enough food to keep my energy up has been a real struggle.

The quieting of mental food noise is something I really like — it's got me eating super clean and it kills the urge to binge impulsively. The problem is delayed gastric emptying: for 2-3 days after each injection, even at 1.25mg, my stomach feels like it's tied in knots. I still want to drop roughly 5kg before I shift to maintenance, but continuing tirz feels like too much and pretty unappealing given these side effects...

Is there any other peptide out there that works only on food noise?
 
Those unwanted effects do ease up eventually. Should they still feel overwhelming, cut the amount back further. A dose of 1mg, or perhaps .75mg, taken for 2 weeks or so, is worth trying. Any peptide that curbs appetite will come with some unwanted effects — there is no such thing as one without them.
 
MsGizmo said:

Those unwanted effects do ease up eventually. Should they still feel overwhelming, cut the amount back further. A dose of 1mg, or perhaps .75mg, taken for 2 weeks or so, is worth trying. Any peptide that curbs appetite will come with some unwanted effects — there is no such thing as one without them.
Alright, I'll keep tapering down for the time being. I was only asking out of curiosity whether anything else exists that might come with fewer side effects, since it would act on fewer systems in the body.
 
Cagrilintide is something some folks use to curb appetite, though that isn't the only thing it does. There's a lot of talk about using it on these forums if you want to check it out.
 
healthyanon said:

MsGizmo said:

Those unwanted effects do ease up eventually. Should they still feel overwhelming, cut the amount back further. A dose of 1mg, or perhaps .75mg, taken for 2 weeks or so, is worth trying. Any peptide that curbs appetite will come with some unwanted effects — there is no such thing as one without them.
Alright, I'll keep tapering down for the time being. I was only asking out of curiosity whether anything else exists that might come with fewer side effects, since it would act on fewer systems in the body.
From what I understand, tirzepatide comes with the fewest side effects, so that's why I held back from recommending anything else.
 
Abrakebabra said:

Cagrilintide is something some folks use to curb appetite, though that isn't the only thing it does. There's a lot of talk about using it on these forums if you want to check it out.
I checked into this on my own. After reading about the difficulties of reconstituting with BAC and a different pH, I felt pretty swamped. In the end I quit and stayed with Reta. Too bad, trying it would have been nice
 
Cagri is on order for when I switch to maintenance. Fingers crossed it pans out. I have Hospira, though apparently I'll need some AA as well.

From https://pep-pedia.org/peptides/cagrilintide

Critical: pH matters. Cagrilintide needs an acidic pH (3.5-4.5), otherwise fibrils can form. BAC water as sold (pH 5.5-6) is fine short-term (<30 days). For stability over the long haul, bring it to pH ~4.0 using 0.6% acetic acid.
 
Chili777 said:

Cagri is on order for when I switch to maintenance. Fingers crossed it pans out. I have Hospira, though apparently I'll need some AA as well.

From https://pep-pedia.org/peptides/cagrilintide

Critical: pH matters. Cagrilintide needs an acidic pH (3.5-4.5), otherwise fibrils can form. BAC water as sold (pH 5.5-6) is fine short-term (<30 days). For stability over the long haul, bring it to pH ~4.0 using 0.6% acetic acid.
Whether the pH is consistent in aftermarket products is up for debate.
 
healthyanon said:

MsGizmo said:

Those unwanted effects do ease up eventually. Should they still feel overwhelming, cut the amount back further. A dose of 1mg, or perhaps .75mg, taken for 2 weeks or so, is worth trying. Any peptide that curbs appetite will come with some unwanted effects — there is no such thing as one without them.
Alright, I'll keep tapering down for the time being. I was only asking out of curiosity whether anything else exists that might come with fewer side effects, since it would act on fewer systems in the body.
This falls into the category of "be careful what you wish for." Nearly everyone who has gone through a very-low calorie diet (without any GLPs involved) can tell you that the side effects that tag along with it (leaving hunger out of the equation) usually aren't any better than the typical GLP side effects.

That isn't to say you shouldn't give something else a shot, cagrilintide included. Honestly, I'm sort of hoping you do, since I think solo-cagrilintide therapy would be interesting to read about on here. It's just that the grass on that side may not be as green as what you're after.
 
Right now Retarutide is the only GLP I've tried, though I'm thinking about picking up some Tirzepitide and possibly running both together.

Even on Retarutide, hunger hasn't disappeared for me — what's changed is that it no longer feels compulsive. Before, it was like a relentless drive that had to be satisfied; now it isn't. The only moments I feel genuinely starving are following physical effort, whether that's a gym session or a walk. And these days I can actually sense my body taking in fuel as I eat, then burning it off when I train.

That said, the quieting of food noise isn't so strong that I can't eat when I need to — no trouble there at all. For context, I'm on 3mg per week at the moment.
 
tubby said:


This is one of those "be careful what you wish for" situations. Just about anyone who has attempted a very-low calorie diet (independent of GLPs) will tell you that the symptoms that come along for the ride there (even setting hunger aside) aren't generally preferable to the common GLP symptoms.

Not to say you shouldn't try another approach like cagrilintide. In fact I kind of hope you do because I think solo-cagrilintide therapy would be interested to read about on here. Just that the grass over there may not be as green as what you're looking for.

Click to expand...
That's exactly where I'm stuck too. I don't have much weight to lose (roughly 5kg), and I'm not chasing some extreme low body fat level. My only goal is to mute the food noise, so I stop drifting toward junk without thinking about it. I'd settle for weaker sugar and fat cravings.

dirtyharry said:

Right now Retarutide is the only GLP I've tried, though I'm thinking about picking up some Tirzepitide and possibly running both together.

Even on Retarutide, hunger hasn't disappeared for me — what's changed is that it no longer feels compulsive. Before, it was like a relentless drive that had to be satisfied; now it isn't. The only moments I feel genuinely starving are following physical effort, whether that's a gym session or a walk. And these days I can actually sense my body taking in fuel as I eat, then burning it off when I train.

That said, the quieting of food noise isn't so strong that I can't eat when I need to — no trouble there at all. For context, I'm on 3mg per week at the moment.
Interesting, maybe worth a shot, but the bump in heart rate that comes with it puts me off. I've cut my tirz dose to 1.25mg, and the lump in my stomach clears by the next day, yet it's still unpleasant since I tend to sleep poorly that night. The annoying part is that the food noise quieting fades a lot by day 3. I still can't eat much, but the pull toward sweet and intense foods comes back stronger, which is the exact thing I hoped to avoid... I considered splitting the dose into 2 shots per week, but that still leaves me with 2 bad nights of sleep each week.
 
You might want to look into Survo. I have no idea how Survo behaves on its own, since I've never taken it that way, but I add a small amount on top of my Tirzepatide partly because for me it makes food simply not very appealing. Tirzepatide by itself does that too, yet once I introduced Survo there was a noticeable increase in that indifferent feeling.
 
Chili777 said:

Cagri is on order for when I switch to maintenance. Fingers crossed it pans out. I have Hospira, though apparently I'll need some AA as well.

From https://pep-pedia.org/peptides/cagrilintide

Critical: pH matters. Cagrilintide needs an acidic pH (3.5-4.5), otherwise fibrils can form. BAC water as sold (pH 5.5-6) is fine short-term (<30 days). For stability over the long haul, bring it to pH ~4.0 using 0.6% acetic acid.
What's the reason for moving to cagri when maintaining?
 
lavender said:

Chili777 said:

Cagri is on order for when I switch to maintenance. Fingers crossed it pans out. I have Hospira, though apparently I'll need some AA as well.

From https://pep-pedia.org/peptides/cagrilintide

Critical: pH matters. Cagrilintide needs an acidic pH (3.5-4.5), otherwise fibrils can form. BAC water as sold (pH 5.5-6) is fine short-term (<30 days). For stability over the long haul, bring it to pH ~4.0 using 0.6% acetic acid.
What's the reason for moving to cagri when maintaining?
When I hit my goal weight, this is something I'm already factoring into my plan. Rather than flipping a switch, it's more of an addition, since I'll be tapering Reta down. Reta gives me near-total appetite suppression — I'm one of the people it works that way for — and I don't want to lose that. So my approach is: as Reta goes down, Cagri goes up, beginning at about 500 mcg, then another 500 mcg for every 2.5-3 mg cut from the Reta dose.

Adjustments will probably be needed along the way, and maybe I'm overcomplicating it, but I'm aiming for a smooth transition that keeps my appetite under control, because I've come across plenty of accounts where that didn't happen. Down the line, my target is 1-2 mg of Reta weekly, maintained long-term for all the other benefits I've gotten beyond the weight loss.
 
healthyanon said:

MsGizmo said:

Those unwanted effects do ease up eventually. Should they still feel overwhelming, cut the amount back further. A dose of 1mg, or perhaps .75mg, taken for 2 weeks or so, is worth trying. Any peptide that curbs appetite will come with some unwanted effects — there is no such thing as one without them.
Alright, I'll keep tapering down for the time being. I was only asking out of curiosity whether anything else exists that might come with fewer side effects, since it would act on fewer systems in the body.
With sema, side effects were minimal for me. My food noise was handled really well by sema. If the trial data for larger sema doses had come out (or if I'd known about it), switching to Tz probably wouldn't have happened.

Food noise isn't imagined. It genuinely gets in the way.
 
Back
Top