Peptides taken once a week for long-term pain management?

amosmylove said:

Travllr said:

amosmylove said:

Travllr said:

amosmylove said:

Might hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome be a possibility for her? I'm only throwing it out there since it's tricky to identify, and both chronic pain and neuropathy tend to go along with it. I have it myself, along with those same problems.

Regarding the shots, truthfully, if she could just push through it, there's a decent possibility that Bpc157 and tb500 might change everything for her. If the needle itself is what bothers her, numbing cream is worth a try. For me, Bpc157 has been completely transformative. I'm also on kpv and am checking into cartalax, though I haven't gotten any yet.
She's leaning toward that now, but since no biomarkers exist for it, blood work won't reveal anything. It falls into the category of conditions that get diagnosed only through symptoms, once every other possibility has been ruled out.
Correct, though a decent number of uncommon signs exist that tend to make diagnosis relatively easy. Qualifying only requires a handful from each group. In 1 category I show 12 of 14 markers when just 3 are required, and I meet the remaining 2 criteria as well. From what I understand, that level isn't especially common.
Neurologists are extremely scarce where we live. The specialist she currently visits is actually the same doctor who, 6 years back, diagnosed her with Parkinson's—a diagnosis that was ultimately ruled out just 1.5 years ago.
Has a lupus/ANA blood panel been run on her? I would seek out a rheumatologist.
With everything she's been through, I honestly can't keep track anymore.

lessthanhalf said:

When it comes to peptides that genuinely have solid evidence behind them for easing chronic pain, GLP-1s are likely the strongest by a wide margin — but she's already using those. For the rest, real human trial data is either nonexistent or very thin, with one exception: a human study of ara-290 in neuropathy. Even so, what's really needed is a precise clinical diagnosis from a seasoned expert clinician. If testing yields nothing, the best outcome may simply be being told the symptoms or findings aren't specific enough yet to pin down a definitive diagnosis — which, unfortunately, does happen. Attempting to research or treat symptoms without a firm diagnosis is a long way from ideal.

A well-prompted ChatGPT, given input from someone with medical experience, can be remarkably adept at identifying rarer conditions — in some studies possibly outperforming doctors. That said, it can also run away with certain ideas; at one point it spent quite a while telling me a rash I was trying to figure out looked like early t-cell lymphoma. Still, it can be quite helpful for surfacing possibilities you hadn't considered.

Not a peptide, but a supplement with unusually strong human clinical trial evidence for effectiveness, plus solid supporting preclinical data, is PEA (palmitoylethanolamide). It can be quite beneficial for chronic pain and has no known side effects — which is highly unusual. If you do try it, though, be careful about what you purchase. Nearly all the options on Amazon US are significantly underdosed relative to what's advertised; one I bought claimed 1400mg of ingredients but the pill weighed only 300mg.
She's fed a bunch of details into ChatGPT, and what comes back is Lupus, EDS, plus some other conditions that escape me right now. The doctors, though, have ruled out both Lupus and EDS — even though genetic testing pointed toward hypermobile EDS. PEA isn't something I know anything about. I'll need to check into that.
 
trey915 said:

Travllr said:

For years, my wife has dealt with neuropathy and chronic pain, and no one has been able to pin down a diagnosis. Fibromyalgia and Parkinson's are among the conditions she has been told she might have, yet every test result has come back negative. After spending time reading here and looking into standard medical sources, I brought up the idea of BPC-157 and TB-500. She was open to it at first, but once I explained that BPC would mean injections every day and TB-500 would be needed several times each week, she decided against it. Is there anything else in the peptide category that might deliver comparable effects when injected just once a week? She has already been on GLP-1 injections for more than a year and lost a substantial amount of weight, though I am the one who has to give her the shots since she cannot bring herself to do them.
Sure, it's still a daily cycle, but the KLOW stack combines BOC-157, TB500, KPV, and GHKCU. That means only 1 injection. Plus, a reusable pen could be used, which has a much smaller needle. My situation isn't as severe as hers, but chronic hip and back pain has been my issue for several years. After 3 weeks on KLOW, my pain dropped from a 7 out of 10 to a 1. I'm really pleased with the results. Regardless, I hope she gets some relief.
I never checked out those ready-made blends before. What a great suggestion! I appreciate it.
 
Calm Logic said:

When it comes to neuropathy, ARA-290 is usually the first choice — the standard protocol being 4 mg subcutaneously each day for at least 28 days. The catch is that this peptide is temperamental and tends to gel up, even if it has already been buffered. Because of that, users tend to be pickier about which ARA suppliers they trust, or they might introduce an additional component at reconstitution to adjust the pH.
When I mixed my ARA-290 with BAC water, it turned to gel right away (my guess is that it isn't buffered). Adding an 8.4% Sodium Bicarb solution stopped every gelling issue I was having. For reconstitution, my ratio is 20IU sodium bicarb to 80IU BAC water.
 
Back
Top