Peptides for recurring or chronic infections?

janedoe said:

Crumplestiltskin said:

janedoe said:

Chili777 said:

So my TA-1 and KPV trial for a sinus infection didn't work out. I went 8 days without any improvement, and finally had to give in and get an Augmentin prescription today. I'll keep taking TA-1 every day to finish what I mixed up, and I'll complete my 60-day KPV run too. I realize it's boosting my immune system, but expecting it to clear a serious sinus infection was probably too much.
Roughly the past 5 years, out of nowhere, I've been getting severe sinus infections... bleeding, green discharge.... it's been intense. Headaches, eye strain, brain fog, and darkening around the eye (KPV did help with that part) among other things. About 2 years ago I had one that eventually resolved after 2 rounds of augmentin, spaced apart. Prescription spray is useless. These days I keep an Augmentin prescription stocked.

But starting in January, I've had an infection, and KPV hasn't done anything for it. I was really hoping it would, since KPV works so well for me in other ways. I really wish

LL-37 didn't come with the AD concerns, because setting that aside, it seems like it could be beneficial.
That sounds really rough, I'm sorry you're dealing with it. One possibility worth checking is a low-grade dental infection. A 3D cone beam scan can be quite useful for spotting infections, particularly if you've had oral surgery before, such as wisdom teeth extraction or root canals.
Wow, that is so accurate! I've lived it myself! About 2 years back, I came down with one of those awful sinus infections, and my ENT put me through 2 rounds of Augmentin, and so on. I go to the dentist 2x a year, my teeth are in great shape, and I keep up good dental hygiene. In 12 years I've only had 1 cavity. Anyway, when I had my x-rays taken 2 years ago (right after those ENT appointments), my dentist "saw a shadow" high up on the right side, above my cheek, but nothing dental showed up. No pain, no swelling, nothing. He was aware of my sinus trouble, and even though he isn't keen on root canals, he recommended one, saying it sat right beside the upper sinus cavity and might bring me relief. He made it very clear he couldn't tell me whether the sinus infection was the cause or whether the root of my eyetooth was actually the source of the infection. (The chicken/egg problem.) Either way, though, he was clear that both scenarios would create problems in both directions.

I had the root canal, and within a few weeks I was fine. It was amazing. Almost 2 years with no issues. I see him 2x a year and everything stayed good. But since January, it's back, and it's crazy. My 6 month dental appointment is coming up. I can't wait to go!
The amount of trouble teeth can stir up really is astonishing!! I had nearly the identical situation, which is why I ended up having every one of my root canals taken out.

Right after they were removed I felt wonderful, but a few years down the road everything began flaring up again. My histamine reactions became severe toward literally every food I ate, my face swelled and turned red, my limbs swelled, and on top of that I had a lot of sinus congestion along with reactions to things in the environment.

The very NIGHT my first batch of root canals came out, those histamine reactions dropped by 50%. Once the remaining ones were removed, food sensitivities that had lasted several years eased up quite a lot.

I hope all of it gets resolved for you!! It's a subject that gets far too little discussion, particularly when sinuses are involved.
 
Crumplestiltskin said:


IT's incredible how much the teeth can cause problems!! I got all my root canals removed because of almost that exact same scenario.

I felt great after getting them, but then things started flaring up a few years later. I was getting histamine reactions so bad to every single thing I ate, swollen and reddened face, limb swelling, plus plenty of sinus congestion and environmental allergy reactions.

The NIGHT I got my first set of root canals pulled, my histamine reactions went down by 50%. I got the rest out and several years of food sensitivities reduced pretty dramatically.

I hope you get everything cleared up!! It's such an under-discussed topic, especially with sinus issues.

Click to expand...
I share that hope. At a fundamental level, I believe a lot of people underestimate how much dental care matters. Issues that originate in the head—whether from gingivitis or any other dental infection—are genuinely significant. Oddly enough, last night I was going through a study on LL-37, and that paper referenced another one (which I still haven't read) reporting that in tissue samples from tested Alzheimer's patients, the bacterium responsible for gingivitis turned up in many of them. Not to mention that a severe sinus infection can bring on neurological problems, brain fog, vision trouble, and more. It's astonishing how things dismissed as side concerns actually turn out to be larger issues than people usually acknowledge. Sadly, doctors frequently miss certain things. Truly, none of this gets discussed nearly enough.
 
There's also research pointing to a strong connection between the health of your heart and your teeth — gum disease in particular has been tied to a higher chance of cardiovascular problems such as heart attacks and strokes. When oral hygiene is poor, bacteria can get into the bloodstream and trigger inflammation that impacts the heart. I never skip my dental visits, going every 6 months, and I plan to keep that up even after I start Medicare next year.
 
Chili777 said:

There's also research pointing to a strong connection between the health of your heart and your teeth — gum disease in particular has been tied to a higher chance of cardiovascular problems such as heart attacks and strokes. When oral hygiene is poor, bacteria can get into the bloodstream and trigger inflammation that impacts the heart. I never skip my dental visits, going every 6 months, and I plan to keep that up even after I start Medicare next year.
Absolutely, that's right! 2x yearly has been my standard routine.... 3x when I had my wisdom teeth taken out 25 years back. I'll definitely keep this as a regular habit for the rest of my life. 🥂
 
Back
Top