RubbaDubba1 said:
beforetherush said:
RubbaDubba1 said:
beforetherush said:
Is there anyone here who has run a protocol combining Thymosin Alpha 1 with KPV to deal with an infection that keeps coming back or has become chronic? In my case, a lab rat has been dealing with this situation and seems to develop the same infection annually, to the point where surgery is needed. I'm just wondering whether anybody has given something like this a try.
For 2 winters now I've been taking TA-1, and during both I never even got a runny nose. A while back I picked up my 1st full kit, and I'm currently dosing 1mg daily—started that in the last couple weeks following my surgery. My white blood cell count runs pretty low, and I've got another operation coming up soon. From what I've read, TA1 might be able to boost your WBC and help bring your immune system into balance. For me this is going to be the Litmus test—whether my WBC can go up by a decent amount. At the moment I'm doing a KLOW protocol; I haven't used KPV on its own. I realize this is just anecdotal, and I wish I could give you something more solid.
Not to pry, but is the infection located where you had a joint replacement or had metal implanted? I ask only because I've been through several operations—knees, ankle, weight loss surgery—and before dental appointments I take an Antibiotic to avoid infection in the areas where I have metal in my body.
I received a cortisone injection to address knee pain. Since then, an infection has come back annually — occasionally 2-3 times within a single year. It shows up in various parts of the body. I've gone through surgical procedures, IV courses packed with anti-biotics, and additional approaches. Yet each year, without fail, another reoccurring infection appears.
Seems like there may be a more fundamental issue at play for you. Besides TA1, it could be worth exploring LL37 too. A search on this site turned up almost nothing about it, though I did find these few points.
LL-37 is a human
cathelicidin, part of the wider
antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) family. Certain white blood cells—
macrophages and
neutrophils among them—are the main producers, and it comes up in discussions of
innate and
adaptive immunity, drawing research interest as a possible non-antibiotic option.
Deeper Research Notes (Summary):
• LL-37 gets described as an antimicrobial protein made by immune cells that combats bacteria and helps modulate inflammation—in part through contact with bacterial cell walls and membrane disruption (pore formation), which can result in bacterial death.
• Even though higher LL-37 levels are frequently observed in inflammatory conditions, some research discussion positions LL-37 as possibly
protective against overactive immune responses; in different settings it might
boost or
calm immune activity to keep things balanced.
• LL-37 is talked about as aiding tissue repair in the
lungs and
intestines by drawing epithelial cells toward wound sites, encouraging new blood vessel growth (for nutrient delivery), and helping modulate inflammation—commonly referenced in asthma and inflammatory bowel disease models.
• LL-37 also comes up for a possible immune-support function in cancer settings, especially in the
gastrointestinal tract, by assisting immune surveillance in recognizing and clearing abnormal cells.
After reading about it, I may pick some up to have on hand for a viral infection. Spending someone else's money is easy, but this could be a situation where a Functional Medicine Dr. could assist. It can easily run into the thousands, I realize. I still do telehealth with a Dr. every few months myself—to get a few things and pick his brain—but I can't keep affording it much longer.