Peptides for Chronic Joint Pain

mtomm said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

Crumplestiltskin said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

mtomm said:

It would be great if more people chimed in on this topic. Someone I know deals with rheumatoid arthritis, and I want to give them a solid suggestion.

Here is what has been suggested to me so far:

Tirz

KPV

BPC-157

TB-500

VIP
Count me in as curious as well — my immediate family includes someone with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Since their RA diagnosis 5 years ago, the past 1.5 years on Mounjaro have brought what looks like a 20-30% drop in inflammation so far. Peptides have caught their attention, and I've finally persuaded them to give the wolverine stack a shot, plus possibly some KPV, with a start date coming up soon.
That's quite a fascinating detail. I'd want to ask: if a person isn't really in need of shedding pounds (though sure, I'd never say no to dropping 10 lbs), could using those bring about any unwanted effects?
With BPC, TB, and KPV, I've used them enough — not trying to show off😉 — that it seems unlikely you'd push too hard and injure yourself. As for Tirz, it's definitely possible to take too high a dose and land in the Hospital. VIP is the one where I came across a few reports (on Reddit, just so you know) of people whose Blood Pressure dropped sharply, ruining their day, and I believe 1 of them wound up in the ER.
Is there a therapeutic dose of Tirzeptitide that could provide RA relief without triggering weight loss? Does that even make sense to ask?

Someone who isn't looking to shed pounds but needs a high enough dose for RA symptom control.

I realize this would basically amount to trial and error, though your own experience could offer a starting point.
For Tirz, many individuals have landed on what works as a therapeutic dose—it really comes down to your own needs. From what I've seen in most accounts, that range tends to sit at 1.5mg to 4mg per week. There's variation from person to person; personally, I take 1mg of Tirz and 1mg of Reta, and that mostly keeps me steady. Keep in mind I've dropped around 400lbs (150 of that with GLP-1's), so my relationship with FOOD is a whole thing!

RA behaves quite differently. I have close family who deal with it, and it has given them some easing of symptoms. Their use is for Diabetes, and for that purpose it's been excellent, plus it helped with weight loss too. I got tested for RA myself, but the results were fine. Even so, my arthritic burden is significant, and on my own I've only felt slight benefit from it—that was prior to starting Pentosan. I gave Semaglutide a 10-week run for my OA at the initial dose, but the heartburn was too much to tolerate. That's why Semaglutide could be worth exploring for RA relief too, since there's no downside to trying. A person could do a 12-week trial of each, increasing as tolerated, without shedding too much weight if their weight is already at a good point.
 
RubbaDubba1 said:

mtomm said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

Crumplestiltskin said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

mtomm said:

It would be great if more people chimed in on this topic. Someone I know deals with rheumatoid arthritis, and I want to give them a solid suggestion.

Here is what has been suggested to me so far:

Tirz

KPV

BPC-157

TB-500

VIP
Count me in as curious as well — my immediate family includes someone with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Since their RA diagnosis 5 years ago, the past 1.5 years on Mounjaro have brought what looks like a 20-30% drop in inflammation so far. Peptides have caught their attention, and I've finally persuaded them to give the wolverine stack a shot, plus possibly some KPV, with a start date coming up soon.
That's quite a fascinating detail. I'd want to ask: if a person isn't really in need of shedding pounds (though sure, I'd never say no to dropping 10 lbs), could using those bring about any unwanted effects?
With BPC, TB, and KPV, I've used them enough — not trying to show off😉 — that it seems unlikely you'd push too hard and injure yourself. As for Tirz, it's definitely possible to take too high a dose and land in the Hospital. VIP is the one where I came across a few reports (on Reddit, just so you know) of people whose Blood Pressure dropped sharply, ruining their day, and I believe 1 of them wound up in the ER.
Is there a therapeutic dose of Tirzeptitide that could provide RA relief without triggering weight loss? Does that even make sense to ask?

Someone who isn't looking to shed pounds but needs a high enough dose for RA symptom control.

I realize this would basically amount to trial and error, though your own experience could offer a starting point.
For Tirz, many individuals have landed on what works as a therapeutic dose—it really comes down to your own needs. From what I've seen in most accounts, that range tends to sit at 1.5mg to 4mg per week. There's variation from person to person; personally, I take 1mg of Tirz and 1mg of Reta, and that mostly keeps me steady. Keep in mind I've dropped around 400lbs (150 of that with GLP-1's), so my relationship with FOOD is a whole thing!

RA behaves quite differently. I have close family who deal with it, and it has given them some easing of symptoms. Their use is for Diabetes, and for that purpose it's been excellent, plus it helped with weight loss too. I got tested for RA myself, but the results were fine. Even so, my arthritic burden is significant, and on my own I've only felt slight benefit from it—that was prior to starting Pentosan. I gave Semaglutide a 10-week run for my OA at the initial dose, but the heartburn was too much to tolerate. That's why Semaglutide could be worth exploring for RA relief too, since there's no downside to trying. A person could do a 12-week trial of each, increasing as tolerated, without shedding too much weight if their weight is already at a good point.
I appreciate the thorough reply. What about KPV? From what I can tell, it looks like a solid option for inflammation related to RA.
 
mtomm said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

mtomm said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

Crumplestiltskin said:

RubbaDubba1 said:

mtomm said:

It would be great if more people chimed in on this topic. Someone I know deals with rheumatoid arthritis, and I want to give them a solid suggestion.

Here is what has been suggested to me so far:

Tirz

KPV

BPC-157

TB-500

VIP
Count me in as curious as well — my immediate family includes someone with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Since their RA diagnosis 5 years ago, the past 1.5 years on Mounjaro have brought what looks like a 20-30% drop in inflammation so far. Peptides have caught their attention, and I've finally persuaded them to give the wolverine stack a shot, plus possibly some KPV, with a start date coming up soon.
That's quite a fascinating detail. I'd want to ask: if a person isn't really in need of shedding pounds (though sure, I'd never say no to dropping 10 lbs), could using those bring about any unwanted effects?
With BPC, TB, and KPV, I've used them enough — not trying to show off😉 — that it seems unlikely you'd push too hard and injure yourself. As for Tirz, it's definitely possible to take too high a dose and land in the Hospital. VIP is the one where I came across a few reports (on Reddit, just so you know) of people whose Blood Pressure dropped sharply, ruining their day, and I believe 1 of them wound up in the ER.
Is there a therapeutic dose of Tirzeptitide that could provide RA relief without triggering weight loss? Does that even make sense to ask?

Someone who isn't looking to shed pounds but needs a high enough dose for RA symptom control.

I realize this would basically amount to trial and error, though your own experience could offer a starting point.
For Tirz, many individuals have landed on what works as a therapeutic dose—it really comes down to your own needs. From what I've seen in most accounts, that range tends to sit at 1.5mg to 4mg per week. There's variation from person to person; personally, I take 1mg of Tirz and 1mg of Reta, and that mostly keeps me steady. Keep in mind I've dropped around 400lbs (150 of that with GLP-1's), so my relationship with FOOD is a whole thing!

RA behaves quite differently. I have close family who deal with it, and it has given them some easing of symptoms. Their use is for Diabetes, and for that purpose it's been excellent, plus it helped with weight loss too. I got tested for RA myself, but the results were fine. Even so, my arthritic burden is significant, and on my own I've only felt slight benefit from it—that was prior to starting Pentosan. I gave Semaglutide a 10-week run for my OA at the initial dose, but the heartburn was too much to tolerate. That's why Semaglutide could be worth exploring for RA relief too, since there's no downside to trying. A person could do a 12-week trial of each, increasing as tolerated, without shedding too much weight if their weight is already at a good point.
I appreciate the thorough reply. What about KPV? From what I can tell, it looks like a solid option for inflammation related to RA.
I've only used it solo a single time, and I didn't notice much. Still, if everything around you is falling apart, adding it to the mix can't do any harm. These days I go with KLOW, which looks like the better value option right now. A large number of peptides claim or appear to possess anti-inflammatory effects. A few of them could help, but you'd need to spend the effort looking into each one on your own, weighing the expense, and so on — that's probably the real consideration. It looks like the majority of folks (myself included) are currently gravitating toward the well-known options.
 
My experiences with KPV have been shared in a few different spots. If there's any way for me to keep it on hand, I won't go without it. While I was on Tirz, my inflammation was well controlled. After moving to Reta for maintenance, I could tell things had changed. Once I added Kpv, the effect showed up right away: 5 days on, 2 off, repeating that pattern until the vial is finished, which normally takes 6-8 weeks. Taking breaks between cycles is just my own preference, but I can clearly tell the difference when I'm not using it. It also eases my gastro problems, and the darkness I see before my eyes is reduced.
 
janedoe said:

My experiences with KPV have been shared in a few different spots. If there's any way for me to keep it on hand, I won't go without it. While I was on Tirz, my inflammation was well controlled. After moving to Reta for maintenance, I could tell things had changed. Once I added Kpv, the effect showed up right away: 5 days on, 2 off, repeating that pattern until the vial is finished, which normally takes 6-8 weeks. Taking breaks between cycles is just my own preference, but I can clearly tell the difference when I'm not using it. It also eases my gastro problems, and the darkness I see before my eyes is reduced.
Did 1 vial really stretch for 6-8 weeks for you? I thought the guideline was to finish 1 vial inside 30 days?
 
igottapee said:

janedoe said:

My experiences with KPV have been shared in a few different spots. If there's any way for me to keep it on hand, I won't go without it. While I was on Tirz, my inflammation was well controlled. After moving to Reta for maintenance, I could tell things had changed. Once I added Kpv, the effect showed up right away: 5 days on, 2 off, repeating that pattern until the vial is finished, which normally takes 6-8 weeks. Taking breaks between cycles is just my own preference, but I can clearly tell the difference when I'm not using it. It also eases my gastro problems, and the darkness I see before my eyes is reduced.
Did 1 vial really stretch for 6-8 weeks for you? I thought the guideline was to finish 1 vial inside 30 days?
When it comes to KPV, large-scale human studies simply don't exist. Whether to keep peptides around is really down to each person's own comfort with risk. As long as it remains completely clear with no cloudiness and I'm still noticing effects, that works for me. Some compounds I'd draw the line at, though that's simply how I feel about it, and I generally avoid those anyway. Most weeks I took KPV 5 days out of 7, typically at .250mcg per day, and now and then 1.25 mg.
 
RubbaDubba1 said:

Crumplestiltskin said:

I'd like to know which peptides have done more than just calm inflammation — ones that might actually repair joint problems, arthritis, and similar conditions.

My joints are a complete mess thanks to hypermobility, Lyme, and autoimmune thyroid disease all stacking together. To keep flare-ups and injuries at bay, I have to take a lot of precautions every day.

I came across information suggesting certain GLPs may help with healing OA, and I'm eager for additional details or personal accounts about using them for joint-related problems. Right now I take BPC 157 and KPV, and they've cut down inflammation in my hips and back quite a bit, plus given me a bit more wiggle room (pun intended) to move around more easily.
PPS, which stands for Pentosan Polysulfate Sodium, is what I use. I see a Longevity Dr. through Telehealth 2-3X per year, and that doctor sends a prescription to a Compound Pharmacy on my behalf. There's so much I could say about this, but the short version is that it's currently in stage III trials across the US & Australia, with hopes of reaching the market in 2027. You take it as a SubQ injectable: a loading phase of 6-8 weeks at 2X per week, repeated once a year. In my case I've stayed on it continuously because of what it does for my Arthritis. Some folks purchase it online, while others get it from a local Farmers supply store. Race Horses have used it for ages, and dogs have been on it for quite a while too; my own dog gets it via the local Vet with a Rx. If you Google it, the results will describe it as a Bladder medication, which it is. That's not the use I'm referring to here, since it's been repurposed for OA. My cost runs about 1K a year, and I can't take regular Nsaids because of weight loss surgery. I like this video and the way it explains things; I have no association with this Gentleman and his practice.

MODS Hopefully ok to link this, since I'm still new?

View: https://youtu.be/cfYFQ5tx_Nk
That sounds incredible — would you be willing to tell me which Doctor you see? I'd really like to get in touch with them. I'm guessing they practice in the US, right?
 
Back
Top