Peptides for Cats: Any Experience?

JFinHK

Explorer
Joined
Jan 26, 2026
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Location
Hong Kong
Hey everyone,

It's incredible how fast medicine is moving - I just hope testing, approval, and access speed up too!

I came across something at some point: certain peptides are given to animals as well, like BPC-157.

I have two older cats myself (ages 10 and 13).

Has anyone here tried this with their pets?
 
JFinHK said:

Hey everyone,

It's incredible how fast medicine is moving - I just hope testing, approval, and access speed up too!

I came across something at some point: certain peptides are given to animals as well, like BPC-157.

I have two older cats myself (ages 10 and 13).

Has anyone here tried this with their pets?
My dog gets epitalon and thymalin, not my cats. Since dogs age 7 times faster, I'm hoping she might get a few extra years. In the past I've also given her wolverine blend.
 
Foggy-Hollow said:

Don't cats have a reputation for sensitive kidneys?
Absolutely, 100% yes. For cats, nearly every substance can be harmful—things that would be safe for dogs, people, or other species often aren't. CKD affects a large number of cats and becomes more likely with age. One of my boys went downhill suddenly, even though earlier blood tests showed no sign he was predisposed. After $18k spent on vet care and hospitalization, along with a nephrectomy, he's been stable for close to 2 years now. Still, I have to watch everything around him—his surroundings and his food—to keep him that way.
 
Foggy-Hollow said:

Don't cats have a reputation for sensitive kidneys?
I'd like to find a way to stop CKD before it starts. Not long ago I ran into a person whose cat received stem cell therapy for CKD. That cat is 21 years old and has been living with CKD since age 15. So options do exist....though preventing it in the first place would obviously be preferable.
 
Just revisiting this — after poking around the forum, I keep coming across sites selling peps made just for animals, both dogs and cats. Did you go ahead with it? From what I can tell, they're administered by mouth in an oil form — I'm thinking about BPC157 for my older cat
 
MissAnthro said:

Just revisiting this — after poking around the forum, I keep coming across sites selling peps made just for animals, both dogs and cats. Did you go ahead with it? From what I can tell, they're administered by mouth in an oil form — I'm thinking about BPC157 for my older cat
Hey, did you ever try it on your cat? I've been giving my dogs it along with KPV, but I haven't found anything about cats, so I'm unsure.
 
L_Sara85 said:

MissAnthro said:

Just revisiting this — after poking around the forum, I keep coming across sites selling peps made just for animals, both dogs and cats. Did you go ahead with it? From what I can tell, they're administered by mouth in an oil form — I'm thinking about BPC157 for my older cat
Hey, did you ever try it on your cat? I've been giving my dogs it along with KPV, but I haven't found anything about cats, so I'm unsure.
Why would there be a problem? It's used in horses, isn't it? I'd like to know too.
 
CNCCurrency said:

L_Sara85 said:

MissAnthro said:

Just revisiting this — after poking around the forum, I keep coming across sites selling peps made just for animals, both dogs and cats. Did you go ahead with it? From what I can tell, they're administered by mouth in an oil form — I'm thinking about BPC157 for my older cat
Hey, did you ever try it on your cat? I've been giving my dogs it along with KPV, but I haven't found anything about cats, so I'm unsure.
Why would there be a problem? It's used in horses, isn't it? I'd like to know too.
Honestly, I'm not sure. Cats are such strange creatures. I'd love to try it, but I'm worried something could go wrong, and I haven't come across anyone who's done it or any evidence to support it.
 
L_Sara85 said:

CNCCurrency said:

L_Sara85 said:

MissAnthro said:

Just revisiting this — after poking around the forum, I keep coming across sites selling peps made just for animals, both dogs and cats. Did you go ahead with it? From what I can tell, they're administered by mouth in an oil form — I'm thinking about BPC157 for my older cat
Hey, did you ever try it on your cat? I've been giving my dogs it along with KPV, but I haven't found anything about cats, so I'm unsure.
Why would there be a problem? It's used in horses, isn't it? I'd like to know too.
Honestly, I'm not sure. Cats are such strange creatures. I'd love to try it, but I'm worried something could go wrong, and I haven't come across anyone who's done it or any evidence to support it.
About 2 weeks back, I began giving my cat BPC 157. This Friday he has a vet appointment scheduled for x-rays plus a full blood panel.

Whether it has made a difference, I honestly can't say for certain — and it may be completely unrelated, but he has not required insulin at all since we started. I'm not claiming any link; there's simply no way to establish one. He is diabetic, had been in remission for a year, then went back on insulin for another year — highly stable, tiny dose of .5 or 1 unit, and frequently he could skip it depending on his bg. Since beginning nightly BPC, his blood sugar has been sitting around 100-120.

He also still appears to limp at times (arthritis), and he receives solancia monthly as well.

My plan was to get the blood work done, then test again after 6 weeks, once he has completed the 8 week course. I'm getting KPV too, but I'm still deciding whether to run them at the same time or do this first and then try KPV.
 
A clinical trial is underway right now that is looking at GLP-1 drugs as a treatment for diabetes in cats.

I believe the name of that trial was MEOW-1?
 
wonttellyou said:

What kind of dosing are they getting?
I’m not sure who your question is aimed at, but in my case, with my cat, I went by the dosing schedule of 10MCG for every 1KG when using BPC 157
 
Back
Top