Calm Logic said:
lessthanhalf said:
At its core, carpal tunnel is a mechanical issue: the nerve gets compressed while traveling through a narrow passage as it enters the wrist. When nerves are metabolically stressed or damaged—such as from obesity or particularly diabetes—nerve compression syndromes may become more probable, yet the usual approach remains physical, using splints, physiotherapy, or surgery. Should swelling be the driver, addressing it may bring relief, and clearly hgh or secretagogues should be avoided. If symptoms persist, or if there is muscle wasting or weakness in the hand, or simply no improvement, that is likely the point to consult a hand surgeon.
For pain caused by peripheral small sensory fiber neuropathy from obesity, I found ALA and palmitoylethanolamide PEA somewhat helpful, so it is conceivable they could ease pain, but there is no solid rationale for them to relieve the pressure. My guess is that ARA290 follows the same logic: if the nerve remains compressed, it is difficult to see how it would do much.
I appreciate the PAE suggestion—it was new to me. Regarding the oral supplements ALA, PEA, and ALCAR, Gemini located these studies:0
I also attached a very small study involving PAE with ALCAR, where it plays a minor or supportive part in CTS.
Looking ahead, I honestly can't find any drawback to the five-minute mini-incision procedure, with PT serving more of a
short-term purpose (delaying things):
Gemini said:
By cutting the Transverse Carpal Ligament, you instantly drop the internal pressure, allowing blood flow to return and the inflammatory "soup" to finally drain away.
Click to expand...
Even if the compression is largely temporary because of pregnancy, a small proportion of women still undergo the release if their symptoms are severe enough, were already present, or continue long enough after giving birth. Given my sleeping position, I also compress my ulnar nerves and have had surgery on one of them.