Peptides causing severe anhedonia

Omxxl

Explorer
Joined
Mar 6, 2026
Messages
161
Reaction score
0
Location
Europa
I began a BPC+TB500 combo not long ago to address an injury, and over the last few days I've noticed anhedonia setting in — my emotions have shut off and I've felt pretty indifferent.

Months back, the same thing occurred when I used retatrutide, and I assumed that peptide was the only culprit. But after browsing Reddit, I've come across a fair number of reports involving the Wolverine combination. Then again, maybe I'm simply more susceptible to anhedonia.

Anyone else dealt with this?
 
The only compound that gave me that effect is Tirzepatide, and my dosage is quite minimal—just 1.5. I picked up on it at 2.5, so I lowered it due to that plus the stomach problems. Anhedonia is terrible; I've dealt with it previously. My understanding is that it stems from insufficient dopamine. You could consider Semax as a way to offset it. I paired that with the Tirz and it made a real difference.
 
Omxxl said:

I began a BPC+TB500 combo not long ago to address an injury, and over the last few days I've noticed anhedonia setting in — my emotions have shut off and I've felt pretty indifferent.

Months back, the same thing occurred when I used retatrutide, and I assumed that peptide was the only culprit. But after browsing Reddit, I've come across a fair number of reports involving the Wolverine combination. Then again, maybe I'm simply more susceptible to anhedonia.

Anyone else dealt with this?
This is something I should investigate further. From other peptides, I've never come across it either. Tirz does give me anhedonia that I struggle with, and so far nothing has helped me offset it. What I've noticed is that although beginning any activity feels like a struggle, I tend to feel improved once I'm actually in motion. Things that once made me happy no longer bring me joy. My hope is that having reached goal weight and reducing my dose will lead to improvement.
 
I keep claiming Reta gives me no side effects at all, yet maybe this is one of them.

For some time I've felt somewhat low. I put most of the blame on the weight I gained and how much it damaged my confidence. Over the last year my libido has fallen sharply too, and since beginning Reta it looks even worse.

Getting my testosterone checked has crossed my mind, but in Belgium they don't appear to bother unless the levels are extremely low. Whether jumping on testosterone would be wise is something else I'm unsure about.

Constant tiredness has been with me as well, though that existed long before Reta. If anything, dropping some weight has helped, and I now have enough energy at least to run again.
 
As far as I go personally, sure, peptides have had me riding a lower-key mood lately... In my case though, it's actually a plus, since I can swing toward being really amped up, nearly to the point of losing focus... 😎 Depression and outright gloominess just aren't things I deal with, so this calming effect strikes me as yet another upside of running the pep regimen...
 
Dopamine is definitely in play with reta. That would explain why it helps with addiction and alcohol dependence. Presumably it hits some people harder than others.
 
Omxxl said:

I began a BPC+TB500 combo not long ago to address an injury, and over the last few days I've noticed anhedonia setting in — my emotions have shut off and I've felt pretty indifferent.

Months back, the same thing occurred when I used retatrutide, and I assumed that peptide was the only culprit. But after browsing Reddit, I've come across a fair number of reports involving the Wolverine combination. Then again, maybe I'm simply more susceptible to anhedonia.

Anyone else dealt with this?
How much of your anhedonia could be because the world is fucked right now?
 
Omxxl said:

I began a BPC+TB500 combo not long ago to address an injury, and over the last few days I've noticed anhedonia setting in — my emotions have shut off and I've felt pretty indifferent.

Months back, the same thing occurred when I used retatrutide, and I assumed that peptide was the only culprit. But after browsing Reddit, I've come across a fair number of reports involving the Wolverine combination. Then again, maybe I'm simply more susceptible to anhedonia.

Anyone else dealt with this?
Based on all the accounts I've read through, it seems like a modest portion of users develop pronounced anhedonia after using BPC 157, TB500, or the two together. If that applies to you, tread carefully with them.
 
Back
Top