Peptides being painted in a better light:

Bruce Campbell

Explorer
Joined
Sep 10, 2026
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida
Jeff Nippard just put out a new video that takes a sensible, evidence based look at different peptide types.

Normally I steer clear of YouTube stuff about peptides, because it tends to be clickbait that's pushing a product, but I came across this one today. His videos have been my go-to for years when I want to understand muscle issues and ways to recover from injuries, and they're consistently grounded in science and very sensible.

At any rate, it's nice to come across something that isn't pure hype or scare tactics, and instead just talks through the facts casually, while also presenting peptides in a way that makes sense.

I might pull up the video for my parents when I make my pitch about 🌶️ to my dad in a few months…
 
I feel the same way — I usually steer clear of videos like that, but this one was solid. My only complaint is that he could have gone wider and touched on more of the peps that people actually use.

TLDR: GLPs work, and there's a mountain of evidence showing they're effective. When it comes to BPC-157, the "evidence" in humans is anecdotal. As for Epitalon and the anti-aging peps, there isn't really any evidence backing them up.
 
spanky2026 said:

I feel the same way — I usually steer clear of videos like that, but this one was solid. My only complaint is that he could have gone wider and touched on more of the peps that people actually use.

TLDR: GLPs work, and there's a mountain of evidence showing they're effective. When it comes to BPC-157, the "evidence" in humans is anecdotal. As for Epitalon and the anti-aging peps, there isn't really any evidence backing them up.
In Russia, Epitalon underwent a great deal of research, and it did demonstrate a significant drop in death rates. I understand that this isn't your claim, but it's not as though there's no evidence behind it at all.
 
Tirzmonkey said:

In Russia, Epitalon underwent a great deal of research, and it did demonstrate a significant drop in death rates. I understand that this isn't your claim, but it's not as though there's no evidence behind it at all.
To build on the 40 years of prior research, here's a UK study that came out just last year:




And here's a collection of further studies:



 
Chili777 said:

To build on the 40 years of prior research, here's a UK study that came out just last year:




And here's a collection of further studies:



The worry people had raised in theory — that lengthening telomerase might encourage cancer to grow — turned out not to be a problem at all; in fact, Epitalon appears to work against cancer. These days I take it 3 times per year, and after a single cycle I can honestly say my sleep is the best it has been in years. Following your advice, my next cycle will also move me up from 500mcg to 1mg per day. As for the Thymulin peptide, I realize it isn't the same one the Russian studies used, but my feeling is that it will still be a real boost for immunity, so I plan to continue with it too. SS-31 crossed my mind, though the price is brutal and it also looks like it raises heart rate for some people, so I will probably steer clear of it.
 
Tirzmonkey said:

The worry people had raised in theory — that lengthening telomerase might encourage cancer to grow — turned out not to be a problem at all; in fact, Epitalon appears to work against cancer. These days I take it 3 times per year, and after a single cycle I can honestly say my sleep is the best it has been in years. Following your advice, my next cycle will also move me up from 500mcg to 1mg per day. As for the Thymulin peptide, I realize it isn't the same one the Russian studies used, but my feeling is that it will still be a real boost for immunity, so I plan to continue with it too. SS-31 crossed my mind, though the price is brutal and it also looks like it raises heart rate for some people, so I will probably steer clear of it.
Just to be clear, are you still getting the improved sleep now that the cycle is over?
 
Chili777 said:

To build on the 40 years of prior research, here's a UK study that came out just last year:




And here's a collection of further studies:




Troposphere said:

Just to be clear, are you still getting the improved sleep now that the cycle is over?
Without a doubt. That said, it wrapped up just 16 days back, and this is my initial attempt at it.
 
Tirzmonkey said:

The worry people had raised in theory — that lengthening telomerase might encourage cancer to grow — turned out not to be a problem at all; in fact, Epitalon appears to work against cancer. These days I take it 3 times per year, and after a single cycle I can honestly say my sleep is the best it has been in years. Following your advice, my next cycle will also move me up from 500mcg to 1mg per day. As for the Thymulin peptide, I realize it isn't the same one the Russian studies used, but my feeling is that it will still be a real boost for immunity, so I plan to continue with it too. SS-31 crossed my mind, though the price is brutal and it also looks like it raises heart rate for some people, so I will probably steer clear of it.
What was the length of your initial cycle? A kit is on its way to me, so I can do some research
 
Wakesetter5477 said:

What was the length of your initial cycle? A kit is on its way to me, so I can do some research
500mcg for twenty days. Make sure you steer clear of the 5-10mg protocol when dosing, since that amount is massive overkill and simply throws peptides away. Chili, a friend of ours who also does longevity research, recommended 1mg per day to me, and that's what I'll run on my next go around. Truthfully I might bump it to 900mcg, purely so that a cycle doesn't eat through more than 2 vials (yep, I am cheap lol)
 
Tirzmonkey said:

500mcg for twenty days. Make sure you steer clear of the 5-10mg protocol when dosing, since that amount is massive overkill and simply throws peptides away. Chili, a friend of ours who also does longevity research, recommended 1mg per day to me, and that's what I'll run on my next go around. Truthfully I might bump it to 900mcg, purely so that a cycle doesn't eat through more than 2 vials (yep, I am cheap lol)
I might just have to try this out!.... 👍
 
Tirzmonkey said:

The worry people had raised in theory — that lengthening telomerase might encourage cancer to grow — turned out not to be a problem at all; in fact, Epitalon appears to work against cancer. These days I take it 3 times per year, and after a single cycle I can honestly say my sleep is the best it has been in years. Following your advice, my next cycle will also move me up from 500mcg to 1mg per day. As for the Thymulin peptide, I realize it isn't the same one the Russian studies used, but my feeling is that it will still be a real boost for immunity, so I plan to continue with it too. SS-31 crossed my mind, though the price is brutal and it also looks like it raises heart rate for some people, so I will probably steer clear of it.
Appreciate the share @Tirzmonkey. Tonight was my first epithalon dose.....the part about better sleep caught my attention.....and according to pep pedia, it boosts melatonin output....
 
Tirzmonkey said:

500mcg for twenty days. Make sure you steer clear of the 5-10mg protocol when dosing, since that amount is massive overkill and simply throws peptides away. Chili, a friend of ours who also does longevity research, recommended 1mg per day to me, and that's what I'll run on my next go around. Truthfully I might bump it to 900mcg, purely so that a cycle doesn't eat through more than 2 vials (yep, I am cheap lol)
Appreciate the details. Was your injection done in the morning or at night? I came across something saying that an evening pin might interfere with sleep.
 
Wakesetter5477 said:

Appreciate the details. Was your injection done in the morning or at night? I came across something saying that an evening pin might interfere with sleep.
If you deal with chronic insomnia, or other sleep problems that have stuck around long term, it can end up doing the opposite of what you want. That's what I've been told by a few RSs. Personally I don't have that issue, but even so, I get better results when I dose in the morning. For some folks, the sweet spot is a couple hours ahead of going to bed. The only way to know is to try different times and see which one suits you.
 
Wakesetter5477 said:

I'm amazed this isn't something you've already tried. Aren't you sitting on 10 kits of the stuff at this point 😂
I still haven't taken the plunge with any of the 'sleepy' peptides... Though I do happen to have a few vials of epi that a coworker passed along to me. All he had to show for them was a vendor COA, and whenever he checks in asking whether I've given them a go, my answer is, "I'm still keeping an eye on you to see if you die first"

I've got an order placed for some CJC+IPA, plus I keep holding out for a deal on some DISP (or however its spelled) but yeah, I need to get into the sleepy peptide game and "give it a whirl".... 👍 😍
 
All of this rests on the premise that Russian research matched the rigor and quality of studies done in the West or elsewhere in Asia... Personally, I don't buy that.
 
Flash-BCR said:

I still haven't taken the plunge with any of the 'sleepy' peptides... Though I do happen to have a few vials of epi that a coworker passed along to me. All he had to show for them was a vendor COA, and whenever he checks in asking whether I've given them a go, my answer is, "I'm still keeping an eye on you to see if you die first"

I've got an order placed for some CJC+IPA, plus I keep holding out for a deal on some DISP (or however its spelled) but yeah, I need to get into the sleepy peptide game and "give it a whirl".... 👍 😍
Just my 2 cents: avoid pinning CJC+ipa by itself, or close to when you go to sleep. There's a Reddit user who reports having passed out after taking CJC+ipa, to the point that his wife ended up calling 911. Nor is that the only person who has described fainting after using it.
 
Calm Logic said:

Just my 2 cents: avoid pinning CJC+ipa by itself, or close to when you go to sleep. There's a Reddit user who reports having passed out after taking CJC+ipa, to the point that his wife ended up calling 911. Nor is that the only person who has described fainting after using it.
Yeah...I've come across reports that they can cause that...I still haven't looked into them enough to be at ease with any of it, and it'll be some time before they arrive, and even after that, they'll likely just sit unused. That's basically the reason I only bought a single kit, and those are CJC5+IPA5.....a couple of kits of tesa 20s landed in my mailbox yesterday and I've read up a bit more on those, but it's the same story, it'll be a while before I pin...

Still, I appreciate your words and concerns kind sir....thank you!.... 👍 ❤️
 
Back
Top