Peptides and meds barely working for me – is anyone else like this?

Gohengrin

Explorer
Joined
Sep 16, 2025
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Location
Austria
Hi everyone, I’m wondering whether others in this space also count as “low responders” to many different substances.

For me, a lot of peptides produce almost no noticeable effect, despite other people describing intense results. The same goes for certain medications. Time and again, things that obviously work for others either hit me very weakly or appear to do almost nothing.

Take Reta as an example. There is some benefit, but nowhere near what people on 2 or 4mg weekly describe...and by now I’m at 12mg. Around 12kg came off over 4 Months, yet that only happened because I track calories and make adjustments after every few Kilos.

Whenever I attempt to drop weight, several weeks pass before any small loss shows up. Each time I log every single calorie.

So I’m asking: does anyone else here go through the same thing?

Did you ever figure out the reason? Genetics, metabolism, receptor sensitivity, sleep, stress, or something different?

Was there anything that genuinely made your responsiveness better?

To be clear, this isn’t about having unrealistic expectations. I’m talking about situations where multiple unrelated compounds across categories all seem weaker than they “should” be.

I’d really like to know if this happens more often than I assume.

(Translated with deepl, if something does read stranger:-D )
 
I can’t speak from my own experience, but if you list the exact medications where you’ve seen this happen, it might help to check which enzyme breaks them down… perhaps you carry a more active version of one (for example cyp3A4 from the cytochrome p450 group) that clears several of the drugs you’ve noticed this with. Or maybe your kidneys eliminate the active drug more efficiently.

I’m not sure I’ve put that clearly, so just ask if it doesn’t make sense
 
First, great job on dropping weight for the first time — that's a big achievement. I'm in the same boat as you.

What worked for me was splitting things into a two-stage schedule: Monday and Friday, with retatrutide plus tirzepatide added in. That approach made the effects feel steadier.

Around here you'll find plenty of different approaches - a few people pair Reta with sema or cagri for variety, and others add 24-32 hour fasts on top instead.

There isn't one correct method - what matters is figuring out which one your body handles best.

One more thing: don't skip the weight lifting. It really matters.
 
Back
Top