Peptide Specialist Joins and Introduces Himself

Joined
Jul 30, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Michigan, USA
Hello everyone! I'm in my final year of medical school at U Mich, and my thesis focuses on therapeutic peptides—both their present uses and where they might go in the future.

Back in 2024, I began this research after noticing that a lot of my friends were taking Ozempic. Since then, they've switched to Reta. Personally, I spent 4 months trying BPC-157 to help a tendon injury in my right shoulder heal.

I've been following GLP1 since last year, but I've only now made an account because I finally feel like my knowledge is solid enough to add something.

Excited to get to know all of you! 🙂
 
PeptideSpecialist said:

Hello everyone! I'm in my final year of medical school at U Mich, and my thesis focuses on therapeutic peptides—both their present uses and where they might go in the future.

Back in 2024, I began this research after noticing that a lot of my friends were taking Ozempic. Since then, they've switched to Reta. Personally, I spent 4 months trying BPC-157 to help a tendon injury in my right shoulder heal.

I've been following GLP1 since last year, but I've only now made an account because I finally feel like my knowledge is solid enough to add something.

Excited to get to know all of you! 🙂
I'd like to hear your take on this: when putting a course together, what's the ideal order?

Should it go FOXO4 first, then mitochondrial peptides, Epithalon, and something along the lines of Humanin—or would beginning with Epithalon make more sense?
 
I’d begin with Epitalon rather than FOXO4. Because FOXO4 acts as a far more potent senolytic and human safety data on it are extremely limited, I’d save it for the end. My approach would also be to introduce a single peptide at a time—begin with Epitalon, evaluate how it goes, and only afterward look at a mitochondrial peptide like Humanin.
 
PeptideSpecialist said:

Hello everyone! I'm in my final year of medical school at U Mich, and my thesis focuses on therapeutic peptides—both their present uses and where they might go in the future.

Back in 2024, I began this research after noticing that a lot of my friends were taking Ozempic. Since then, they've switched to Reta. Personally, I spent 4 months trying BPC-157 to help a tendon injury in my right shoulder heal.

I've been following GLP1 since last year, but I've only now made an account because I finally feel like my knowledge is solid enough to add something.

Excited to get to know all of you! 🙂
Your presence will be highly appreciated. This field could use additional specialists who research and compile data. It's great to have you join us.
 
littlerestraint said:

Greetings..

Was the shoulder fix successful?
+1 I'm also interested in what you found with the shoulder recovery.

On a similar note, I came across a 30 day cycle for BPC-157 controls regarding habituation. Was your run four months straight, without any breaks?

Right now I'm dealing with a lower leg problem using BPC-157, though I've only been at it for 2 weeks. Still not resolved!

Thanks!
 
Wishing you the best as you wrap up that last year! There is so much impressive research being published about a wide range of peptides that staying current can be a challenge at times! Do you have any thoughts yet on which area or specialty you would like to pursue?
 
FlashGordon said:

PeptideSpecialist said:

Hello everyone! I'm in my final year of medical school at U Mich, and my thesis focuses on therapeutic peptides—both their present uses and where they might go in the future.

Back in 2024, I began this research after noticing that a lot of my friends were taking Ozempic. Since then, they've switched to Reta. Personally, I spent 4 months trying BPC-157 to help a tendon injury in my right shoulder heal.

I've been following GLP1 since last year, but I've only now made an account because I finally feel like my knowledge is solid enough to add something.

Excited to get to know all of you! 🙂
Your presence will be highly appreciated. This field could use additional specialists who research and compile data. It's great to have you join us.
Much appreciated, that means a lot! For more than a year I've been gathering anecdotal GLP1 data, and it has shaped a clear path for my research ahead of the official publications coming out.
 
littlerestraint said:

Greetings..

Was the shoulder fix successful?
My shoulder is better now, though my situation involved 3 separate factors at once, so it isn't the most typical example.

1. Stopping alcohol

2. Physiotherapy using ultrasound and laser for deep tissue massage and repair of the muscle

3. BPC-157 taken 5x per week.

Drinking heavily triggers hepatic inflammation; the liver swells and its outer capsule gets stretched. Nerves close by can then become irritated, and the resulting pain may be perceived as right shoulder pain.

A lot of people with right-sided shoulder pain begin BPC-157 assuming a tendon problem, while the actual driver is alcohol intake. For me, both played a role. I had been binge drinking and also lifting with bad form.

Recovery is largely complete, but out of caution I still steer clear of lateral raises.

Prior to starting any peptide cycle, I strongly suggest 1. seeing a doctor and getting bloodwork

2. a physio assessment so the precise source of the injury can be identified. Peptides are one route, yet other approaches may work far better and are easy to miss when you rush into peptides first.
 
harganoff said:

Wishing you the best as you wrap up that last year! There is so much impressive research being published about a wide range of peptides that staying current can be a challenge at times! Do you have any thoughts yet on which area or specialty you would like to pursue?
Appreciate it! Sports medicine and regenerative medicine are the areas I’m most drawn to, particularly when it comes to tendons and muscles healing.

For those of us doing research, the toughest challenge is telling apart animal studies that look promising from what actually holds up in humans.
 
Moogle said:

littlerestraint said:

Greetings..

Was the shoulder fix successful?
+1 I'm also interested in what you found with the shoulder recovery.

On a similar note, I came across a 30 day cycle for BPC-157 controls regarding habituation. Was your run four months straight, without any breaks?

Right now I'm dealing with a lower leg problem using BPC-157, though I've only been at it for 2 weeks. Still not resolved!

Thanks!
The remark I made earlier about my own treatment could shed a little more light on this, though for a lot of lower-leg injuries, 2 weeks is still pretty soon.

Have you been seen by a doctor or a physio at this point? And do you have a clear idea of what the problem actually is?
 
PeptideSpecialist said:

littlerestraint said:

Greetings..

Was the shoulder fix successful?
My shoulder is better now, though my situation involved 3 separate factors at once, so it isn't the most typical example.

1. Stopping alcohol

2. Physiotherapy using ultrasound and laser for deep tissue massage and repair of the muscle

3. BPC-157 taken 5x per week.

Drinking heavily triggers hepatic inflammation; the liver swells and its outer capsule gets stretched. Nerves close by can then become irritated, and the resulting pain may be perceived as right shoulder pain.

A lot of people with right-sided shoulder pain begin BPC-157 assuming a tendon problem, while the actual driver is alcohol intake. For me, both played a role. I had been binge drinking and also lifting with bad form.

Recovery is largely complete, but out of caution I still steer clear of lateral raises.

Prior to starting any peptide cycle, I strongly suggest 1. seeing a doctor and getting bloodwork

2. a physio assessment so the precise source of the injury can be identified. Peptides are one route, yet other approaches may work far better and are easy to miss when you rush into peptides first.
Cheers mate, I'm just mulling it over for now. It might turn out to be nothing that concerns me, since I'm still waiting on tests and scans to figure out what's actually going on — but to keep it brief....

I'm a heavier guy, though fairly solid, and up until the past few years I'd never really had joint trouble or anything like that. That said, over the last 2 years my left knee has acted up now and then, though never badly enough to be a real problem, and it always cleared up on its own. This time, however, it's stuck around for 3 months, mostly when I'm walking uphill or downhill, so I saw the GP and they're arranging an x-ray and other things.

She mentioned it could be arthritis, but she was upfront that she doesn't really know until the investigation is done.

I've only just begun reading up on peptides, since I recently started Reta & TRT, but I'm still very much a beginner.

Thanks once more, good to hear you got it sorted 😉
 
littlerestraint said:

PeptideSpecialist said:

littlerestraint said:

Greetings..

Was the shoulder fix successful?
My shoulder is better now, though my situation involved 3 separate factors at once, so it isn't the most typical example.

1. Stopping alcohol

2. Physiotherapy using ultrasound and laser for deep tissue massage and repair of the muscle

3. BPC-157 taken 5x per week.

Drinking heavily triggers hepatic inflammation; the liver swells and its outer capsule gets stretched. Nerves close by can then become irritated, and the resulting pain may be perceived as right shoulder pain.

A lot of people with right-sided shoulder pain begin BPC-157 assuming a tendon problem, while the actual driver is alcohol intake. For me, both played a role. I had been binge drinking and also lifting with bad form.

Recovery is largely complete, but out of caution I still steer clear of lateral raises.

Prior to starting any peptide cycle, I strongly suggest 1. seeing a doctor and getting bloodwork

2. a physio assessment so the precise source of the injury can be identified. Peptides are one route, yet other approaches may work far better and are easy to miss when you rush into peptides first.
Cheers mate, I'm just mulling it over for now. It might turn out to be nothing that concerns me, since I'm still waiting on tests and scans to figure out what's actually going on — but to keep it brief....

I'm a heavier guy, though fairly solid, and up until the past few years I'd never really had joint trouble or anything like that. That said, over the last 2 years my left knee has acted up now and then, though never badly enough to be a real problem, and it always cleared up on its own. This time, however, it's stuck around for 3 months, mostly when I'm walking uphill or downhill, so I saw the GP and they're arranging an x-ray and other things.

She mentioned it could be arthritis, but she was upfront that she doesn't really know until the investigation is done.

I've only just begun reading up on peptides, since I recently started Reta & TRT, but I'm still very much a beginner.

Thanks once more, good to hear you got it sorted 😉
Let me know how it goes — I'd love to hear more!
 
Well, that's exactly why we're all here , Research, Research, Research!!!!

Reckon we've learned plenty by now to pull it out of animal trials. I know I have .

Currently taking

TIRZ
RETA
CARGI
KLOW
NAD+
TA1
Thymalin
5AMINO
IMPA
SELANK
SEMAX
HGH
CJC-1295
SS-31
MOTS-C
AOD 5
VESUGEN
CORTAGEN
GTT-600
IGF-1LR3
 
Welcome aboard! It's great to see you join us. As a professional, what do you see ahead for peptides? They're clearly reshaping health as we know it, and I'd really value hearing your perspective!
 
Glad to have you here. I found your account of the shoulder injury quite interesting, since I’m currently dealing with a knee injury myself.
 
PeptideSpecialist said:

Moogle said:

littlerestraint said:

Greetings..

Was the shoulder fix successful?
+1 I'm also interested in what you found with the shoulder recovery.

On a similar note, I came across a 30 day cycle for BPC-157 controls regarding habituation. Was your run four months straight, without any breaks?

Right now I'm dealing with a lower leg problem using BPC-157, though I've only been at it for 2 weeks. Still not resolved!

Thanks!
The remark I made earlier about my own treatment could shed a little more light on this, though for a lot of lower-leg injuries, 2 weeks is still pretty soon.

Have you been seen by a doctor or a physio at this point? And do you have a clear idea of what the problem actually is?
Physio, imaging, and alternative bodywork like Rolfing and Graston have all been part of my routine. The root issue: my gait involves pronation, which puts load on the Soleus; when that muscle flares up repeatedly, fascia forms around the lower calf and traps it. From there it shows up where the tendon meets the heel, producing a burning sensation.

Super feet insoles — the green model — are what I rely on, and steering clear of impact usually leaves me symptom-free. Airports are where stomping tends to set it off, and my job involves a good amount of travel.

I pay close attention to my body and address this area specifically during training. My hope is that BPC-157 helps push me past this recovery plateau, since a flare is both disruptive and frustrating.
 
Back
Top