Johnny D
Explorer
Australian authorities have begun targeting those who sell peptides, along with influencers.
Link: https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS4pX47aQ/
Link: https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS4pX47aQ/
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
That likely explains why, over the past few months, a lot of vendors have been stating they won't reship to particular countries. Are seizures happening too often? Best of luck!!Johnny D said:
Australian authorities have begun targeting those who sell peptides, along with influencers.
Link: https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS4pX47aQ/
Australia is not great, but I hope they succeed in stopping them. Calling it skincare is totally legal, and they also use special shipping routes where a single container holds thousands of packages; it gets scanned and allowed through because the contents can't really be identified.Johnny D said:
Australian authorities have begun targeting those who sell peptides, along with influencers.
Link: https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS4pX47aQ/
unfortunately, that's the realityreta-stacker said:
This comes as a letdown, and it clashes with the relaxed picture of Australia I seem to have held rather naively. Down the line, the pharmaceutical sector's intense lobbying against cheaper routes to the many medications we all benefit from could end up making those medications harder to get and more expensive for every one of us, no matter where we live.
This week, that sham study Lily ran with three staffers — the one claiming some vague sinister outcome when compounders mix B12 into tirzepatide — has popped up all of a sudden across at least 3 different social media platforms I follow. Eli Lily bots, that's what it smells like to me. With Reta about to be fully rolled out and auto-approved by the FDA, I figure LILY will push to choke off other supply sources, and I'd bet the same kind of fearmongering about Reta starts any day now.Just A Cat said:
Take a look at Lilly's earnings for this year. With that amount of cash, political influence can be purchased anywhere in the world. Media organizations could be influenced too, with a message like "We'd like to purchase a large volume of advertising from you, but only on the condition that...."
The one holding all the gold is the one who writes all the rules.
A friend from Australia told me peptides have become hugely popular down there. According to him, it's impossible to sit in a pub or coffee shop without hearing conversations about them. Local suppliers in AUS also sound pretty sketchy, since there are reports of people being harmed, not only from self-inflicted issues. Back here in the US, I haven't noticed that as much, but the Ken's and Karen's are certainly involved now, together with the TikTok crowd.lessthanhalf said:
Over the last several months, the Aussie thread here has been filled with posts saying customs has been seizing shipments. That lines up with a TGA (Australia's equivalent of the FDA) announcement roughly 2 months back about a peptide import crackdown. Because of that, I've been hesitating before placing any order.
In Australia, 3/4 of cigarette sales happen through the black market. The cause is absurdly high tobacco taxes, which pushed buyers underground (I believe a pack retails for around $60-100 Aud, so well-meant efforts to cut smoking produced a black market complete with weekly firebombings of tobacco shops). With that in mind, I doubt they will manage to block much of the peptide flow into the country, especially considering how many parcels arrive from China through Temu and similar services. Unless every small package is being xrayed, I don't see how they could single out peptides so easily.
Vendors who promote Australian warehouses do appear to be struggling badly to bring in stock; at points I've noticed them listing only 1 to three different peptides. My past orders from China mostly looked like they were shipped in bulk and then reshipped locally, but it has been too long since my last order for me to say whether that approach is still in use.
That's basically me—I can't stop buying from Temulessthanhalf said:
Over the last several months, the Aussie thread here has been filled with posts saying customs has been seizing shipments. That lines up with a TGA (Australia's equivalent of the FDA) announcement roughly 2 months back about a peptide import crackdown. Because of that, I've been hesitating before placing any order.
In Australia, 3/4 of cigarette sales happen through the black market. The cause is absurdly high tobacco taxes, which pushed buyers underground (I believe a pack retails for around $60-100 Aud, so well-meant efforts to cut smoking produced a black market complete with weekly firebombings of tobacco shops). With that in mind, I doubt they will manage to block much of the peptide flow into the country, especially considering how many parcels arrive from China through Temu and similar services. Unless every small package is being xrayed, I don't see how they could single out peptides so easily.
Vendors who promote Australian warehouses do appear to be struggling badly to bring in stock; at points I've noticed them listing only 1 to three different peptides. My past orders from China mostly looked like they were shipped in bulk and then reshipped locally, but it has been too long since my last order for me to say whether that approach is still in use.
Beyond people harming themselves through peptide errors, are others also being harmed? Could this be organized crime targeting smaller-scale dealers, or something else?Chili777 said:
A friend from Australia told me peptides have become hugely popular down there. According to him, it's impossible to sit in a pub or coffee shop without hearing conversations about them. Local suppliers in AUS also sound pretty sketchy, since there are reports of people being harmed, not only from self-inflicted issues. Back here in the US, I haven't noticed that as much, but the Ken's and Karen's are certainly involved now, together with the TikTok crowd.lessthanhalf said:
Over the last several months, the Aussie thread here has been filled with posts saying customs has been seizing shipments. That lines up with a TGA (Australia's equivalent of the FDA) announcement roughly 2 months back about a peptide import crackdown. Because of that, I've been hesitating before placing any order.
In Australia, 3/4 of cigarette sales happen through the black market. The cause is absurdly high tobacco taxes, which pushed buyers underground (I believe a pack retails for around $60-100 Aud, so well-meant efforts to cut smoking produced a black market complete with weekly firebombings of tobacco shops). With that in mind, I doubt they will manage to block much of the peptide flow into the country, especially considering how many parcels arrive from China through Temu and similar services. Unless every small package is being xrayed, I don't see how they could single out peptides so easily.
Vendors who promote Australian warehouses do appear to be struggling badly to bring in stock; at points I've noticed them listing only 1 to three different peptides. My past orders from China mostly looked like they were shipped in bulk and then reshipped locally, but it has been too long since my last order for me to say whether that approach is still in use.
Prohibition showed us that the market will shift to fill a void. Let's hope that lesson has sunk in.
Reports came out about 6 individuals who suffered serious liver harm after taking peptides that had been adulterated in that country. I think @lessthanhalf shared an article covering this.AngieHolmes said:
Beyond people harming themselves through peptide errors, are others also being harmed? Could this be organized crime targeting smaller-scale dealers, or something else?Chili777 said:
A friend from Australia told me peptides have become hugely popular down there. According to him, it's impossible to sit in a pub or coffee shop without hearing conversations about them. Local suppliers in AUS also sound pretty sketchy, since there are reports of people being harmed, not only from self-inflicted issues. Back here in the US, I haven't noticed that as much, but the Ken's and Karen's are certainly involved now, together with the TikTok crowd.lessthanhalf said:
Over the last several months, the Aussie thread here has been filled with posts saying customs has been seizing shipments. That lines up with a TGA (Australia's equivalent of the FDA) announcement roughly 2 months back about a peptide import crackdown. Because of that, I've been hesitating before placing any order.
In Australia, 3/4 of cigarette sales happen through the black market. The cause is absurdly high tobacco taxes, which pushed buyers underground (I believe a pack retails for around $60-100 Aud, so well-meant efforts to cut smoking produced a black market complete with weekly firebombings of tobacco shops). With that in mind, I doubt they will manage to block much of the peptide flow into the country, especially considering how many parcels arrive from China through Temu and similar services. Unless every small package is being xrayed, I don't see how they could single out peptides so easily.
Vendors who promote Australian warehouses do appear to be struggling badly to bring in stock; at points I've noticed them listing only 1 to three different peptides. My past orders from China mostly looked like they were shipped in bulk and then reshipped locally, but it has been too long since my last order for me to say whether that approach is still in use.
Prohibition showed us that the market will shift to fill a void. Let's hope that lesson has sunk in.
So was that adulteration put down to human error? Or did anyone suspect it was deliberate? I'll go find @lessthanhalf 's postChili777 said:
Reports came out about 6 individuals who suffered serious liver harm after taking peptides that had been adulterated in that country. I think @lessthanhalf shared an article covering this.AngieHolmes said:
Beyond people harming themselves through peptide errors, are others also being harmed? Could this be organized crime targeting smaller-scale dealers, or something else?Chili777 said:
A friend from Australia told me peptides have become hugely popular down there. According to him, it's impossible to sit in a pub or coffee shop without hearing conversations about them. Local suppliers in AUS also sound pretty sketchy, since there are reports of people being harmed, not only from self-inflicted issues. Back here in the US, I haven't noticed that as much, but the Ken's and Karen's are certainly involved now, together with the TikTok crowd.lessthanhalf said:
Over the last several months, the Aussie thread here has been filled with posts saying customs has been seizing shipments. That lines up with a TGA (Australia's equivalent of the FDA) announcement roughly 2 months back about a peptide import crackdown. Because of that, I've been hesitating before placing any order.
In Australia, 3/4 of cigarette sales happen through the black market. The cause is absurdly high tobacco taxes, which pushed buyers underground (I believe a pack retails for around $60-100 Aud, so well-meant efforts to cut smoking produced a black market complete with weekly firebombings of tobacco shops). With that in mind, I doubt they will manage to block much of the peptide flow into the country, especially considering how many parcels arrive from China through Temu and similar services. Unless every small package is being xrayed, I don't see how they could single out peptides so easily.
Vendors who promote Australian warehouses do appear to be struggling badly to bring in stock; at points I've noticed them listing only 1 to three different peptides. My past orders from China mostly looked like they were shipped in bulk and then reshipped locally, but it has been too long since my last order for me to say whether that approach is still in use.
Prohibition showed us that the market will shift to fill a void. Let's hope that lesson has sunk in.
A large number of Australian resellers buy their labels from me, and seizures are causing problems for all of them.lessthanhalf said:
Over the last several months, the Aussie thread here has been filled with posts saying customs has been seizing shipments. That lines up with a TGA (Australia's equivalent of the FDA) announcement roughly 2 months back about a peptide import crackdown. Because of that, I've been hesitating before placing any order.
In Australia, 3/4 of cigarette sales happen through the black market. The cause is absurdly high tobacco taxes, which pushed buyers underground (I believe a pack retails for around $60-100 Aud, so well-meant efforts to cut smoking produced a black market complete with weekly firebombings of tobacco shops). With that in mind, I doubt they will manage to block much of the peptide flow into the country, especially considering how many parcels arrive from China through Temu and similar services. Unless every small package is being xrayed, I don't see how they could single out peptides so easily.
Vendors who promote Australian warehouses do appear to be struggling badly to bring in stock; at points I've noticed them listing only 1 to three different peptides. My past orders from China mostly looked like they were shipped in bulk and then reshipped locally, but it has been too long since my last order for me to say whether that approach is still in use.
That's the reason I'm grabbing my supplies now, then I'll keep a low profile for a bit.DingoXL said:
A large number of Australian resellers buy their labels from me, and seizures are causing problems for all of them.lessthanhalf said:
Over the last several months, the Aussie thread here has been filled with posts saying customs has been seizing shipments. That lines up with a TGA (Australia's equivalent of the FDA) announcement roughly 2 months back about a peptide import crackdown. Because of that, I've been hesitating before placing any order.
In Australia, 3/4 of cigarette sales happen through the black market. The cause is absurdly high tobacco taxes, which pushed buyers underground (I believe a pack retails for around $60-100 Aud, so well-meant efforts to cut smoking produced a black market complete with weekly firebombings of tobacco shops). With that in mind, I doubt they will manage to block much of the peptide flow into the country, especially considering how many parcels arrive from China through Temu and similar services. Unless every small package is being xrayed, I don't see how they could single out peptides so easily.
Vendors who promote Australian warehouses do appear to be struggling badly to bring in stock; at points I've noticed them listing only 1 to three different peptides. My past orders from China mostly looked like they were shipped in bulk and then reshipped locally, but it has been too long since my last order for me to say whether that approach is still in use.
In my opinion, things will likely deteriorate considerably before any improvement occurs.