Hey, has anyone else come across AI-generated ads in the peptide world that look especially awful? I have to say, a few I’ve seen are seriously cringeworthy. I’d love to hear about the cringe, but please don’t mention any Sources.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
This is a genuinely entertaining topic concept, and I'm on board with it — but the red "No source discussion" banner on your profile makes it tricky, since going into specifics would mean naming particular sellers.yaggemr said:
Hey, has anyone else come across AI-generated ads in the peptide world that look especially awful? I have to say, a few I’ve seen are seriously cringeworthy. I’d love to hear about the cringe, but please don’t mention any Sources.![]()
At this point they're about as widespread as our lovely Dear models...Just A Cat said:
So there's no option for us not to call out specific people or send in picks? What a disappointingly polite setup.![]()
I hadn't considered that the question might be a way to sidestep the restriction. Nice observation.Vriende said:
I love this fun idea for a topic, but unfortunately with your red “No source discussion” banner, it is hard to get into detail without bringing up certain vendors.
Not sure how far we can venture here.
For you or others flummoxed by what “No source discussion” means, here is an old thread where just about every possible perspective was brought up.
How do I get rid of the 'no source discussion' next to my name?
I'm pretty sure that wasn't there when I joined and I don't remember adding it. How do I take it down?
![]()
glp1forum.com
Click to expand...
birdwhacker said:
It's wild that this community has such a strong fondness for AI-made artwork. That's a generational divide. Most GenZ and Gen Alpha folks appear to recognize it for what it is, millennials tend to fall on both sides, yet GenX and boomers are completely enamored with AI.
Recent studies confirm that younger generations strongly dislike and push back against AI-generated marketing and advertising. [1, 2]
What the Research Shows
- Negative Reactions: A study by Rival Technologies revealed that 74% of Gen Z consumers react negatively when they realize a brand's marketing was made with AI. [1]
- Brand Punishment: Nearly three in four (72%) Gen Z respondents have taken direct punitive action against a brand for using AI marketing, such as unfollowing them on social media, unsubscribing from texts/emails, or stopping purchases altogether. [1]
- Authenticity Gap: Data from the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) shows a wide disconnect: while advertisers often assume young consumers feel positive about AI ads, 39% of Gen Z report a negative sentiment toward them, viewing AI ads as inauthentic or unethical. [1, 2]
- Broader Skepticism: According to a Bentley University-Gallup poll, younger adults (ages 18 to 29) are consistently the demographic most likely to view a business using AI for advertisements in a negative light
Click to expand...
I didn't read that as an attempt to go around the rules, but from what I remember, Zippity has requested that we avoid any vendor mentions when there are people with a "No source discussion" stance and many newcomers might not get why that limit exists.HereKittyKitty said:
Hadn't thought about the question as making an end run around the restriction.
Click to expand...
A whole section is packed with those. No point in promoting them anywhere else, not even for a "laugh"Vriende said:
I did not take it as an end run, but IIRC Zippity has asked us to not engage in any vendor mentions with no “No source discussion” folks and lots of newer folks may not understand the restriction.
So far the thread seems to be holding up, but it would be way more fun to see samples of the atrocious ads!
Click to expand...
The boomers have joined the chat....we don't even care for GenX'rs who dislike everything...We're the 'owners' of get off my lawn levels of dislike...
I'm right on the edge of being a boomer — by 2 years I didn't make it. My dad was silent generation, though, and my brother is a boomer.Flash-BCR said:
Boomers have entered the chat....we don't even like GenX'rs not liking anything...We 'own' get off my lawn levels of dislike...![]()
![]()
Click to expand...
Switching over to a complete boomer-grade aversion will go smoothly for you... BNLFL and I are available to run seminars...Skidude said:
I am borderline boomer, missed by 2 years.. but Father was silent and brother boomer..
So I don't give a shit about anything.. except cars on my lawn..
Chased 2 away last week.
Click to expand...
Using this post to get around talking about sources wasn't what I meant to do. I just kept noticing super cheesy AI art and figured it was worth mentioning. Sorry if that's a problem. I get where the conflict is, but that wasn't my goal. My thinking was folks could share examples without directly naming a source, though I should probably have put that in the original post. I've now edited it to say no sources.HereKittyKitty said:
Hadn't thought about the question as making an end run around the restriction. Good catch.
Click to expand...