Pen needle tips

HistLady

Explorer
Joined
Apr 21, 2026
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
After going through the injector pen threads, I went ahead and ordered the V4 set from Good Life Supplies, and I've been using them for a month now. I'm happy with them, but the sheer number of pen needle tip options has left me stuck with consumer paralysis. I picked up some 6mm and 8mm, though I've since read that those aren't ideal for subq. Would 4mm, 5mm, or something else be better to buy? And with so many brands out there, which do you like and why? Thanks!
 
Medifine is what I go with, 8mm and 5mm, and both are 31g. There’s no particular logic behind it — the 5mm showed up as a suggestion, so I figured I’d test them out. When it comes to my love handles, which are leaner, I usually reach for the 5mm, while around the navel I use the 8mm. On Amazon, 2 boxes of 100 run me $17.
 
bada bing said:

For all my needs, I've gone with the Gluco-care 5mm 32g flat nose option from Amazon. A 500-count order was what I bought to stock up. It's $9 per hundred:

https://www.amazon.com/GLUCO-CARE-Pen-Tips-32G-Universal/dp/B0CSXKK7PD/ref=ast_sto_dp_puis?th=1

Easy-touch and a few generics have been in my rotation, and every one of them works well. What draws me to the Gluco-care most is that flat nose.
I appreciate the recommendation. Those had caught my eye, and I was curious whether the flat nose design changes anything.
 
HistLady said:

After going through the injector pen threads, I went ahead and ordered the V4 set from Good Life Supplies, and I've been using them for a month now. I'm happy with them, but the sheer number of pen needle tip options has left me stuck with consumer paralysis. I picked up some 6mm and 8mm, though I've since read that those aren't ideal for subq. Would 4mm, 5mm, or something else be better to buy? And with so many brands out there, which do you like and why? Thanks!
My go-to are BD, also known as Embecta, Nano and Ultrafine needles, though the cost is painfully high. I picked up 31g Glucocare 8mm ones and they do the job. In my opinion they bend far too readily, but the price is low and they get the job done.
 
I was interested in giving BD tips a shot, but every place I looked online charges as if they were solid platinum. Compared with syringes, pen tips win big because you don't have to poke through a vial stopper first and blunt them. Up to now, every pen tip I've tried has struck me as sharp enough. Syringes, on the other hand, have not been that way.

I own a few V2 pens, though I haven't touched them in quite a while. My usual lineup consists of several Gansulins and Convis (the same pen, just branded differently). For anyone on a manual pen rather than an automatic one, I figure needle flex matters more. I manage fine with 32g needles, but if I were on a manual pen, I might switch to a larger gauge.
 
Back
Top