Pen cartridge specs

MietekFogg

Explorer
Joined
Jun 3, 2026
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
Dublin
Hi

Like the subject line says. I'm considering getting an injection pen and I'm wondering whether there are particular specs I ought to check before buying cartridges? What has everyone's experience been like regarding sterility levels when these are ordered from CN vendors? Do most of them use 3 ml as the standard? And for the branded options priced at 100€ and above, are they actually worth the money? If I go with a specific brand, am I locked into buying that brand's cartridges as well? It would also be great if someone could share their general experience with these compared to regular syringes? Thanks a million.
 
Quite a bit to cover, but I'll tackle the parts I'm confident about:

MietekFogg said:

Hi

Like the subject line says. I'm considering getting an injection pen and I'm wondering whether there are particular specs I ought to check before buying cartridges? What has everyone's experience been like regarding sterility levels when these are ordered from CN vendors? Do most of them use 3 ml as the standard? And for the branded options priced at 100€ and above, are they actually worth the money? If I go with a specific brand, am I locked into buying that brand's cartridges as well? It would also be great if someone could share their general experience with these compared to regular syringes? Thanks a million.

I've never bought carts from CN sellers. My approach is to find US domestic vendors whose carts come with the sterility indicator already activated. That said, plenty of people do purchase carts from CN regularly. I suspect they don't run sterility tests after receiving CN carts. More likely, they stick with sellers who have a good reputation or who have been used by others without problems.

MietekFogg said:

Hi

Like the subject line says. I'm considering getting an injection pen and I'm wondering whether there are particular specs I ought to check before buying cartridges? What has everyone's experience been like regarding sterility levels when these are ordered from CN vendors? Do most of them use 3 ml as the standard? And for the branded options priced at 100€ and above, are they actually worth the money? If I go with a specific brand, am I locked into buying that brand's cartridges as well? It would also be great if someone could share their general experience with these compared to regular syringes? Thanks a million.

Yes, 3mL is the standard.

MietekFogg said:

Hi

Like the subject line says. I'm considering getting an injection pen and I'm wondering whether there are particular specs I ought to check before buying cartridges? What has everyone's experience been like regarding sterility levels when these are ordered from CN vendors? Do most of them use 3 ml as the standard? And for the branded options priced at 100€ and above, are they actually worth the money? If I go with a specific brand, am I locked into buying that brand's cartridges as well? It would also be great if someone could share their general experience with these compared to regular syringes? Thanks a million.

Some pens require proprietary carts (largely certain Novo pens), though adapters are often available that let you use a standard 3mL cart instead. A lot of pens sold online (the Humapen Savvio, for instance) claim in their marketing that only Lilly carts work—that's nonsense, just marketing.

A website with a good breakdown of when an adapter and/or spacer is necessary:



95a07fb78791f6d84de3b6549948188dab3fda83862a38fb2d08fd4023913015.webp




Peptide Pen Comparison: Specs, Dosing & Compatibility | Daro Pep



Compare 18 reusable pens side by side — dose increments, cartridge fit, needle-hiding, adapters, and live in-stock status — to pick the right pen for your needs.

5363cd9bf20542540ce75361acea0337141e2cb15a2159f7a2a49e4acd135b70.png



www.daropep.net

MietekFogg said:

Hi

Like the subject line says. I'm considering getting an injection pen and I'm wondering whether there are particular specs I ought to check before buying cartridges? What has everyone's experience been like regarding sterility levels when these are ordered from CN vendors? Do most of them use 3 ml as the standard? And for the branded options priced at 100€ and above, are they actually worth the money? If I go with a specific brand, am I locked into buying that brand's cartridges as well? It would also be great if someone could share their general experience with these compared to regular syringes? Thanks a million.

If you pin frequently, it's very handy; if you only pin once a week, the advantage shrinks (in my view). Still, I appreciate that a cart lets you push out all the excess air, while with a vial the ambient air you inject to pull doses remains inside.

I'm a fan of pens and currently use one. If you're running multiple peptides and pinning them daily, nothing could be more convenient.
 
A recent thread has a lot of solid info that might be useful to you:




Can someone give me the TLDR on pens



Which pens do you like, and where do you find them most easily? I'm not being lazy, I'm just frustrated and overwhelmed. I've gone through so many pen threads that I'm now dazed and confused, and it's not because I'm smoking weed. It would be great (and maybe helpful for others too) to have one thread...

051f0e2f5b7f6ffbb4a2f10b404546ba44b6197464dfbacec1b043fb189c69a3.png



GLP1Chat.com
 
I’m considering it because I’d like to give the GLOW/KLOW STACK a go for my complexion and to help an old shoulder injury heal, and since that means injecting every day instead of the weekly Reta shots, a pen seems like it would be really convenient. Thanks again.
 
MietekFogg said:

I’m considering it because I’d like to give the GLOW/KLOW STACK a go for my complexion and to help an old shoulder injury heal, and since that means injecting every day instead of the weekly Reta shots, a pen seems like it would be really convenient. Thanks again.

I don't use glow, klow, or anything like that myself, but I have a vague memory of a peptide being too viscous for pens — I just can't remember which one. So it might be worth looking into that a bit.

That said, pens make daily injections very easy. One extra plus: because the needles haven't gone through a vial stopper, they stay extremely sharp.
 
Whatever pen you end up with, test it for dosing accuracy. There's a solid YT video from peptide critic if you're unsure. I've run the check on every pen I own, more than once each, to confirm the result repeats and isn't just a fluke.
 
Grogu said:

Quite a bit to cover, but I'll tackle the parts I'm confident about:

MietekFogg said:

Hi

Like the subject line says. I'm considering getting an injection pen and I'm wondering whether there are particular specs I ought to check before buying cartridges? What has everyone's experience been like regarding sterility levels when these are ordered from CN vendors? Do most of them use 3 ml as the standard? And for the branded options priced at 100€ and above, are they actually worth the money? If I go with a specific brand, am I locked into buying that brand's cartridges as well? It would also be great if someone could share their general experience with these compared to regular syringes? Thanks a million.

I've never bought carts from CN sellers. My approach is to find US domestic vendors whose carts come with the sterility indicator already activated. That said, plenty of people do purchase carts from CN regularly. I suspect they don't run sterility tests after receiving CN carts. More likely, they stick with sellers who have a good reputation or who have been used by others without problems.

MietekFogg said:

Hi

Like the subject line says. I'm considering getting an injection pen and I'm wondering whether there are particular specs I ought to check before buying cartridges? What has everyone's experience been like regarding sterility levels when these are ordered from CN vendors? Do most of them use 3 ml as the standard? And for the branded options priced at 100€ and above, are they actually worth the money? If I go with a specific brand, am I locked into buying that brand's cartridges as well? It would also be great if someone could share their general experience with these compared to regular syringes? Thanks a million.

Yes, 3mL is the standard.

MietekFogg said:

Hi

Like the subject line says. I'm considering getting an injection pen and I'm wondering whether there are particular specs I ought to check before buying cartridges? What has everyone's experience been like regarding sterility levels when these are ordered from CN vendors? Do most of them use 3 ml as the standard? And for the branded options priced at 100€ and above, are they actually worth the money? If I go with a specific brand, am I locked into buying that brand's cartridges as well? It would also be great if someone could share their general experience with these compared to regular syringes? Thanks a million.

Some pens require proprietary carts (largely certain Novo pens), though adapters are often available that let you use a standard 3mL cart instead. A lot of pens sold online (the Humapen Savvio, for instance) claim in their marketing that only Lilly carts work—that's nonsense, just marketing.

A website with a good breakdown of when an adapter and/or spacer is necessary:



View attachment 11427



Peptide Pen Comparison: Specs, Dosing & Compatibility | Daro Pep



Compare 18 reusable pens side by side — dose increments, cartridge fit, needle-hiding, adapters, and live in-stock status — to pick the right pen for your needs.

View attachment 11428


www.daropep.net

MietekFogg said:

Hi

Like the subject line says. I'm considering getting an injection pen and I'm wondering whether there are particular specs I ought to check before buying cartridges? What has everyone's experience been like regarding sterility levels when these are ordered from CN vendors? Do most of them use 3 ml as the standard? And for the branded options priced at 100€ and above, are they actually worth the money? If I go with a specific brand, am I locked into buying that brand's cartridges as well? It would also be great if someone could share their general experience with these compared to regular syringes? Thanks a million.

If you pin frequently, it's very handy; if you only pin once a week, the advantage shrinks (in my view). Still, I appreciate that a cart lets you push out all the excess air, while with a vial the ambient air you inject to pull doses remains inside.

I'm a fan of pens and currently use one. If you're running multiple peptides and pinning them daily, nothing could be more convenient.
I've been searching for a source, but every vendor I come across only offers them in tiny quantities and says nothing about whether they're sterile. Knowing they're sterile would be a big plus.

Seriously, why is tracking down good cartridges such a pain?! 😛
 
tcpnomad said:

Grogu said:

Quite a bit to cover, but I'll tackle the parts I'm confident about:

MietekFogg said:

Hi

Like the subject line says. I'm considering getting an injection pen and I'm wondering whether there are particular specs I ought to check before buying cartridges? What has everyone's experience been like regarding sterility levels when these are ordered from CN vendors? Do most of them use 3 ml as the standard? And for the branded options priced at 100€ and above, are they actually worth the money? If I go with a specific brand, am I locked into buying that brand's cartridges as well? It would also be great if someone could share their general experience with these compared to regular syringes? Thanks a million.

I've never bought carts from CN sellers. My approach is to find US domestic vendors whose carts come with the sterility indicator already activated. That said, plenty of people do purchase carts from CN regularly. I suspect they don't run sterility tests after receiving CN carts. More likely, they stick with sellers who have a good reputation or who have been used by others without problems.

MietekFogg said:

Hi

Like the subject line says. I'm considering getting an injection pen and I'm wondering whether there are particular specs I ought to check before buying cartridges? What has everyone's experience been like regarding sterility levels when these are ordered from CN vendors? Do most of them use 3 ml as the standard? And for the branded options priced at 100€ and above, are they actually worth the money? If I go with a specific brand, am I locked into buying that brand's cartridges as well? It would also be great if someone could share their general experience with these compared to regular syringes? Thanks a million.

Yes, 3mL is the standard.

MietekFogg said:

Hi

Like the subject line says. I'm considering getting an injection pen and I'm wondering whether there are particular specs I ought to check before buying cartridges? What has everyone's experience been like regarding sterility levels when these are ordered from CN vendors? Do most of them use 3 ml as the standard? And for the branded options priced at 100€ and above, are they actually worth the money? If I go with a specific brand, am I locked into buying that brand's cartridges as well? It would also be great if someone could share their general experience with these compared to regular syringes? Thanks a million.

Some pens require proprietary carts (largely certain Novo pens), though adapters are often available that let you use a standard 3mL cart instead. A lot of pens sold online (the Humapen Savvio, for instance) claim in their marketing that only Lilly carts work—that's nonsense, just marketing.

A website with a good breakdown of when an adapter and/or spacer is necessary:



View attachment 11427



Peptide Pen Comparison: Specs, Dosing & Compatibility | Daro Pep



Compare 18 reusable pens side by side — dose increments, cartridge fit, needle-hiding, adapters, and live in-stock status — to pick the right pen for your needs.

View attachment 11428


www.daropep.net

MietekFogg said:

Hi

Like the subject line says. I'm considering getting an injection pen and I'm wondering whether there are particular specs I ought to check before buying cartridges? What has everyone's experience been like regarding sterility levels when these are ordered from CN vendors? Do most of them use 3 ml as the standard? And for the branded options priced at 100€ and above, are they actually worth the money? If I go with a specific brand, am I locked into buying that brand's cartridges as well? It would also be great if someone could share their general experience with these compared to regular syringes? Thanks a million.

If you pin frequently, it's very handy; if you only pin once a week, the advantage shrinks (in my view). Still, I appreciate that a cart lets you push out all the excess air, while with a vial the ambient air you inject to pull doses remains inside.

I'm a fan of pens and currently use one. If you're running multiple peptides and pinning them daily, nothing could be more convenient.
I've been searching for a source, but every vendor I come across only offers them in tiny quantities and says nothing about whether they're sterile. Knowing they're sterile would be a big plus.

Seriously, why is tracking down good cartridges such a pain?! 😛

Underground Supply gets them in from time to time. Right now they're sold out, though they restock fairly often.


https://www.undergroundsupply.shop/product/pen-cartridges-3ml-steam-sterilized-10-pack/


Peptide Test currently carries some.



Image unavailable



3mL Pen Cartridge



Sterile 3mL pen cartridge that works with V1 and V2 pens. Each one comes individually wrapped in a blister pack.

7e360427e1ec58339fe8b3d590be13b0bc15762c8c395f213e9a78b85f827be2.jpg



peptidetest.com
 
Back
Top